• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's easier said than done..

I never said it would be easy, but if we want to finish first we will have to do it!

There are usually two ways to become champions. The first is to absolutely crush the small teams and only do alright versus the direct rivals (and we all know how shit we are vs the pub teams). The second is to keep a close distance to the top and win the direct 6 points matches.

If we are to take the EPL home, we MUST win against the likes of ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpoll, etc...

I never said it would be easy, but if we want to finish first we will have to do it!

There are usually two ways to become champions. The first is to absolutely crush the small teams and only do alright versus the direct rivals (and we all know how shit we are vs the pub teams). The second is to keep a close distance to the top and win the direct 6 points matches.

If we are to take the EPL home, we MUST win against the likes of ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpoll, etc...

I agree. This is exactly why I don't think we'll win the tittle. Our chances of beating City at the Ettihad are very slim, imo.

Every game a cup final etc.Loose and could be screwed really.No easy simple wins really espically with teams fighting the drop.Players need to have the right attitude to not this we've won this game already before its even kicked off.Least we're still in with a shot

Yeah be surprised if we beat City but on the road they've been dodgy.Us loosing to them could easily be made up with points dropped elsewhere etc...hopefully

I agree. This is exactly why I don't think we'll win the tittle. Our chances of beating City at the Ettihad are very slim, imo.

I think we can pull it off. Since most teams are in transition mode (after the Chelsea/Manure era), it is anyone's title.

Arsenal and Liverpool are Arsenal and Liverpool, Tottenham is out of the race (imo) and ManUtd has too many problems to be able to go on a title winning streak. It is basically between us and City!

City has the players to take the league by a storm but they still havent quite clicked just yet. They look absolutely incredible in one match and ridiculously average in the next one. And Pelegrini is still adapting to how football is played in England (although he is learning quickly).

Chelsea has a weaker squad, but if things go our way we can definitely take advantage of all the inconcistency that has hit the Premier League. Not to say we have Jose Mourinho!

I dont know, we will have to wait to see it...

Just finish January within one game of the leader and win the ManCity match on Feb 1st...

would be lucky not to lose let alone winning

You are back right, what do you think of Jose who is suppose to be the king in your user name??

I think we can pull it off. Since most teams are in transition mode (after the Chelsea/Manure era), it is anyone's title.

Arsenal and Liverpool are Arsenal and Liverpool, Tottenham is out of the race (imo) and ManUtd has too many problems to be able to go on a title winning streak. It is basically between us and City!

City has the players to take the league by a storm but they still havent quite clicked just yet. They look absolutely incredible in one match and ridiculously average in the next one. And Pelegrini is still adapting to how football is played in England (although he is learning quickly).

Chelsea has a weaker squad, but if things go our way we can definitely take advantage of all the inconcistency that has hit the Premier League. Not to say we have Jose Mourinho!

I dont know, we will have to wait to see it...

Of course we have every chance for the tittle. I think we're second favorites after City, but like you said, that game at the Ettihad will probably play a major role in deciding it. We'll need something like a 6-point gap over CIty for us to afford to lose that game which is very difficult. We'll probably play for a draw and hope they slip up elsewhere.

But like you said, only time will tell..

Also we can't just write off Arsenal/Liverpool like we always used to, they are having great runs and haven't exactly shown fragile in a while. I think title would be between us, City and Arsenal while Liverpool with the rest battling for 4th.

Still too early to count anyone out imo. Arsenal and Liverpool might not be destroying the top top teams but they've both made mince meat of the rest of the table, which we've had problems with.

Thats the problem they've had in past season which has cost them.Getting points against the top sides and not the rest.This time however..all change really and see the massive difference..sadly...

I don't think that Jose firmly believes that we can win the league this year. He's said quite a few times in the interviews about how strong Man City are(strikers department) and reminds everyone about the amount of experience in their side.

Although it does not mean he won't try to challenge for it but seems to me that he has made clear that we should not expect the title or even feel bad later if we fail to win it. He keeps on saying that he's building for a squad which will dominate for the next man years so its understandable to see progress not hitting straight to success from the first year.

Last time it worked for him because he had the chance to pick his own players and form his team.Now he just needs 2-3 players to complete his squad and then he'll be happy with and confident with our chances for any title.

This season, it's better not to keep our expectations high. A top 3 finish,quarter final finish or above in the Champions League and FA cup would be a decent achievement this season.More could have been achieved if we had a proper striker.