Looking ahead its important to stay in touch till the Arsenal home game on March 22nd then it looks like the most problematic is Liverpool away. Jose is beginning to galvanise the away games now , which is why he was so fucked off with teh performances against Stoke and Newcastle.

The title is on, but Mourinho is right when he says its Citehs to lose. In Jose we trust...

Hull V Chelsea

Chelsea V Man Utd

Chelsea V West Ham

Man City V Chelsea

Chelsea V Newcastle

West Brom V Chelsea

Chelsea V Everton

Fulham V Chelsea

Chelsea V Tottenham

Aston Villa V Chelsea

Chelsea V Arsenal

Chelsea V Stoke

Swansea V Chelsea

Chelsea V Sunderland

Liverpool V Chelsea

Chelsea v Norwich

Cardiff v Chelsea -Champions

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City have to play Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Tottenham, evrton and Newcastle away, we have a chance to win it, really.

Definitely. And Arsenal will drop points against Sp*ds, Everton and United probably and possibly against anyone else. We are certainly in with a good chance, and Mourinho will be ordained a Saint.

you've left out Norwich (h) and Cardiff (a) on the run in haven't you?

Anyway, we are in with a decent shout. A very decent one. I expect Liverpool are out of it now because they have shown that they just aren't good enough to beat the teams around them. Arsenal I am unsure of, they are doing very well and grinding out results which is something that they haven't done the last few years but they do have a habit of imploding in the new year, usually around February time (2010/11 springs to mind). Man U might build some momentum but the gap is too big for them to make up now. If City permanently sort out their away form and beat the big teams away from home I will worry. We need to go on a long unbeaten run and beat teams around us because that will be the difference come May. 37 points from our remaining games should be enough

you've left out Norwich (h) and Cardiff (a) on the run in haven't you?

Anyway, we are in with a decent shout. A very decent one. I expect Liverpool are out of it now because they have shown that they just aren't good enough to beat the teams around them. Arsenal I am unsure of, they are doing very well and grinding out results which is something that they haven't done the last few years but they do have a habit of imploding in the new year, usually around February time (2010/11 springs to mind). Man U might build some momentum but the gap is too big for them to make up now. If City permanently sort out their away form and beat the big teams away from home I will worry. We need to go on a long unbeaten run and beat teams around us because that will be the difference come May. 37 points from our remaining games should be enough

Silly me yes. missed the last two. We will have it sewn up by then. (whistling smiley thing).

I thought yesterday if yernited had won against the yids they would still be in with a shout, but yesterday it became clear Moyes is the transition fall guy. Watched the Arsenal game as well and I am not sure they have the strength in depth, Cardiff came pretty close to holding them/winning, and as you say have a habit of imploding. The real contenders are City, and if they get into fifth gear are unstoppable, but as long as their erratic away form continues, then we have to be second favourites.

Fergie used to say that if United was within 5 points of the leaders in January then they could still win it. We have a coach who knows how to win titles, knows how to win this league and the team is getting better. Plus we can actually get the reinforcements we need and ship out some of the 'under-performing' aspects of the squad.

However that run-in is going to be tough. Ideally you'd like to see Cardiff and Sunderland have a catastrophic next few months otherwise it's not impossible that 4 of our last 6 games are against relegation-threatened sides. 2 of our last 7 are against teams pushing for a top four finish as well.

There's plenty of banana skins but if we continue to improve as we have been then we'll be there or thereabouts by the time we roll into Anfield.

Im not looking forward to the West Brom game.

You just know the ref is going to have a 2 wrong's make a right mentality, i am almost sure we will concede a pen that isn't or get denied a stonewaller, possibly both.

Someone before me said we need to look forward to the next 3 games, exactly. If we get out with 9 points from those games we can focus on City. Title run is actually a game to game fixture, not so much a fight between the top 4. Atleast, I see it like that.