Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really tough one to predict. You'd like to see some young players given the chance but Derby away is not going to be an easy game and the last thing we want is to lose (the second to last thing is a replay - need to win on the day). Schwarzer needs a start, Luiz is coming back from suspension and our midfield options are already limited so I'd expect Essien to get a run out (maybe even in a 433). Up front I'd assume it would be Ba, but there is the possibility of not wanting to cup-tie him or simply wanting to give one of the other guys a run out considering they're in half-decent form. Hazard on the bench, along with Oscar and maybe even Traore? Plus maybe a young'un to make up the numbers in midfield (Baker sat against Swindon, seems to be first in line unless McEachran returns and goes straight in).

I'm just confusing myself here. Between not wanting to cup-tie players who might be on their way out (Bertrand, Ba), not wanting to lose the match and wanting to keep the good form going, anyone could be selected but here goes.

Schwarzer

Kalas Luiz Cahill Azpi

Essien Ramires

De Bruyne Willian Schurrle

Torres

Cup-tying players is your concern? I'd feel much safer with Azpi at RB and Bertrand at LB....with Kalas coming off the bench for a 25-30 minute cameo...

I assume there will be a lot of changes considering we've just had the busy Christmas schedule. We've also got the Man Utd match coming up in a couple of weeks so having a week off would be of a big help ahead of that match.

Schwarzer

Azpi Kalas DL Bertrand

Essien Ramires

Schurrle Mata Willian

Eto'o

For some reason I doubt KDB will play.

Cup-tying players is your concern? I'd feel much safer with Azpi at RB and Bertrand at LB....with Kalas coming off the bench for a 25-30 minute cameo...

I'm not worried about cup-tying them, but it hurts their value if they are. Really we're probably only talking about Bertrand in that regard and he hasn't been fancied by Jose for much of the season. I'd rather see Azpi at left-back and Kalas at right-back simply because Kalas has a future at this club.

We can't underestimate them. Even if that smarmy dodgy car-dealer lookalike berk who cost England a place at Euro 2008 is in charge. They are in with a very good shout of promotion.

I'd give a few players a rest (although we don't have a midweek game this coming week) and bring in a few, but not play so few first teamers that we look vulnerable.

Schwarzer

Kalas Luiz Terry Cole

Essien Mikel

Willian Oscar De Bruyne

Eto'o

Subs: Cech, Ake, Schurrle, Cahill, Ramires, Torres, Clifford

After a long time, players will have a whole week to rest after this game. So I expect a pretty strong lineup. But I hope that Hazard is on the bench at most, he started in our last 4 matches.

Derby are a handy enough side and we will not want to take them too lightly as we need to win this one .I wouldn't tweak our team too much as too many changes don't benefit the team in my opinion. Plus we will have had a full weeks rest which should be enough for any professional player.

My Team

The Aussie

Aspi Cahill Luiz Cole

Ramires Mikel

Schurrle Mata Willian

Eto'o

JT could do with a break so trying this partnership could be a possibility.

Dont think he'll play Essien or De Bruyne as rumours are they are on the way out. But hey! What the f@ck do I know :cry:

Surely the 4 up front should be Schurrle, KDB and Mata any order with Ba up front. Anything else would be stupid.

I think we'll win very comfortably anyway, i feel very confident atm after our last 2 games and we always do well in the FA Cup.