Jase

Man of the Match  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't find it particularly funny either. I had just endured 60 or so boring minutes where Etoo barely touched the ball and proceeded as he does almost every time he plays, he tried to not fall over.

So I was hoping Torres would score too.

BFBp764CAAEQhRt.jpg

I felt like punching the screen when I saw that, but then I saw Eva and realised that she's done more for us to win the CL than Turnbull and I felt better! :lol:

TBH I like them both. You know I play keeper as well. I always have a soft spot for the looneys between the pipes

jrob_ball.jpg

Ah, brilliant! That kind of looks like a Chelsea kit...do you get any Cech comparisons? :D

Yeah, I consider myself very Hilario myself, really, Mak :lol:

Oh, I know Stingray, I would second that! The similarities are quite astonishing! :lol:

Good result.

Shame Ramires dived. Our manager speaks out against diving and two of our players are booked for diving. Its a shame so many players do this, especially the Brazilian players.

They have so much talent yet they let themselves down by diving. :(

We did produce chances. Don't see how it's embarrassing in the slightest - you know we own Hazard and we needed him to beat Sunderland in the league who aren't much better (if at all) than Derby at the moment.

Credit to Derby by the way. Played some nice football and did well to push us. Credit to the away fans too.

we didnt have one shot on target until our goal..how did we produce chances so? we were awful in the 1st half and got better by introducing Eden.

well, its kinda hard to see, that a top team cant create one chance against championship side. I did not expect to beat them by 5-0 or something like that, but at least creating chances with a line-up which is pretty close to our best.

An enjoyable game.

1st half wasn't bad at all.

Created a few chances & one very good chance that Eto'o squandered. I wouldn't have gone with Ramires on the wings, but I'm sure Mourinho has his reasons for choosing that line-up. Also thought he brought on Lewis Baker at exactly the right time. He's 17, right? That's the way to blood in youngsters imo, gradually give them minutes/opportunities until they get to a stage where they can begin to compete for a spot.

Mikel, I thought was excellent and he was the standout player for me. Apart from the goal, he made some good passes (i.e his pass for the Eto'o chance), moved the ball quickly (or quicker than he usually does) broke up play well, and his covering was excellent. Dare I say, a complete performance from him?

On to the next.

Looks like good work by the keeper to me.

Isn't it always is with Torres? It's a wonder how he keeps getting denied goals by 'remarkable goalkeeping.'

Well, not bad for a day's work - two articles written, a mention on Chelsea TV from Jason Cundy, AND the live Twitter feed done as well. I'm going for a lie-down!

You are up for a blowjob, really. All that hard work.

Mourinho is a joker, lol

It was a landmark day for John Mikel Obi, in many respects…
'I never recognise his ability to score goals!' the Portuguese laughed.

'I recognise his ability to play as an anchorman, to play that position in a very comfortable way, with no mistakes. He reads the game well, plays in an intelligent and safe way, but I never recognise his goalscoring appetite.

'There was a smile on my face [when he scored]. For some reason Essien gave him the armband, normally it should go to Ashley Cole, so maybe it made him believe he was a goalscorer!

Mourinho is a joker, lol

It was a landmark day for John Mikel Obi, in many respects

'I recognise his ability to play as an anchorman, to play that position in a very comfortable way, with no mistakes. He reads the game well, plays in an intelligent and safe way, but I never recognise his goalscoring appetite.

'There was a smile on my face [when he scored]. For some reason Essien gave him the armband, normally it should go to Ashley Cole, so maybe it made him believe he was a goalscorer!

Have to agree Barbz, quality stuff :)

Mourinho is a joker, lol

It was a landmark day for John Mikel Obi, in many respects

How did I miss THAT!!! Was mikel really the captain when he scored??? Mikel now becomes CLL.

How did I miss THAT!!! Was mikel really the captain when he scored??? Mikel now becomes CLL.

When Bison Essien came off, the last thing he did was put the armband on Mikel. TBH, I thought this place would have a meltdown, but Mikel quieted everyone by scoring the game-winning goal :Goober: Got to agree w/ the decision of Bison Essien to put the band on Mikel. Like Jose said, it enhanced the game of Mikel.