• Torres
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a happy camper :getin: 10 points out of a possible 12 over the xmas games. If I was offered that before the Arsenal fixture I would have been very pleased.to take it. But the most pleasing thing is the past performances. We've upped our game and seemed to have found that extra gear we needed to find.

I think the end of January sees us play City... Could be a defining game in our season, but for now I'm happy.........Well done Lads :blue scalf:

GREAT PERFOMANCE was a pleasure to watch H.O.W in full flight. We are gaining good momentum, and are showing great character for such a young team. On the topic of mata, we WONT sell Mata people need to relax! It takes one long term injury to either oscar,hazard or willian and we will NEED Mata. Then he will have an opportunity to show his brilliance. In the end Mourinho makes the final decision and, he has said he does not want to sell mata.

Maybe he should've..but he wasnt.Didnt result in a penalty or anything that changed the score.Stupid moment to dive at but least didnt cost us and Jose didnt just shrug it off

.Ref didnt buy it at least whereas Ashley Young, Welbeck & Suarez goes swimming a lot

fixed your post

can someone post the oscar dive ? Was it really that disgraceful ?

Looking all over the internet our win is marred by the Oscar dive by and large so...

It wasn't so bad I have seen many worse and many had penalties because of them particularly Utd and City and I tell you had it been Southampton they would have got a penalty.

I wonder how many red cards their beloved ashley young, and bale would have by now.

Exactly. No consistency with the pundits- if it is the players you mentioned it is just 'bad' and 'they should stop it'. As soon as it is a Chelsea player it is worthy of a red card.

As Jose said the pundits are a joke. The excitement in their voice they shouted anytime Southampton were on the ball. It's pathetically constant no matter who we playing they want that team to beat us.

Fernando's Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfEjDb5caXM

Mourinho's interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rClEHRgOk4

Mourinho's press conference

(in which he admits is a fair yellow card - which is true- but also raises a point that others who are known divers (we all know who they are) don't even if they dive quite often - which is also true. Mourinho is absolutely spot on. Oscar should have gotten the yellow, the thing is others should too and they don't)

Cech,Mourinho and Oscar (minimal) reactions:

Im sure Mata would have had the same impact comin on frm the bench as Willian and Oscar today not tht im discounting or dismissing their contribution. Saints looked legged in tht second half which was a contributing factor to us gettin it easier in the 2nd half. Feel bad for Mata because pple quickly forget his contributions, its actually better he leaves to a team who would appreciate and need his services better than us.

Oscar gets booked for diving and the media is on him. The Januzaj kid at United has got yellow for diving in many games now, even yesterday. Not much has been made of that

No surprise here then. They need to take the spot light away from how bad United are.

Im sure Mata would have had the same impact comin on frm the bench as Willian and Oscar today not tht im discounting or dismissing their contribution. Saints looked legged in tht second half which was a contributing factor to us gettin it easier in the 2nd half. Feel bad for Mata because pple quickly forget his contributions, its actually better he leaves to a team who would appreciate and need his services better than us.

no, he would not have the same impact. he aint got the characteristics as Willan nor Oscar (in terms of pace and defensive contribution). even when the opponent is tired ans slow, he still can cope with Matas speed and pace with no problem.