• Ramires
    • Schurrle
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

Hmm... With Mata and KdB probably leaving and Schurrle's drop of form, suddenly we've gone from having too many AM to being maybe a bit thin

Hence Mou's apparent insistence on a KDB loan instead of a sale. Mata will be harder to retain, I believe. Did you see hos face on the bench, wow.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... With Mata and KdB probably leaving and Schurrle's drop of form, suddenly we've gone from having too many AM to being maybe a bit thin

well, Schürle has had 2 bad games, it aint like the world is over. oscar also had some games where he was whack and hazard too. is kinda normal. it seems that our team doesnt know how to get Schürrle in to the game at the moment.

I critcized the Willian transfer but wow..this guy is immense. would like to see Bertrand Traoere against Derby County (if he is available)

Hazard was Motm for me. Oscar and William subs were key as Schurrle was useless and Mata provided next to nothing.

Oscar screwed up a brilliant pass from Hazard with that silly dive.

Clear why Cole doesn't play he was atrocious.

Set prices are still abysmal (This is where DeBruyne would have made a massive difference).

Torres is all fur coat and no knickers

I'd give my vote for MOTM to Willian if there wasn't two Schurrle's instead. :blink:

Can't give it to Oscar though because I think he could've easily stayed on his feet and scored instead of going to ground.

Southampton should've scored as well though. The difference between the first-half and the second-half for me was that everything good in the first-half came from individual moments of skill (mostly Torres) whereas the second-half was a complete team performance.

That first-half was worryingly reminiscent of Newcastle away actually.

Yeah, that Lallana chance should've been a goal but for Ashley Cole's world class block, but apart from that we had them under control, especially the first 15 minutes where we could've ended the game. Granted they grew into the game a lot more after (Southampton are a decent side after all) but like I said, overall, this game is probably our best away performance this season by far.

Clear why Cole doesn't play he was atrocious.

Not sure what you were watching but Cole was far from atrocious. If it wasn't for Ashley's great defending at the back Southampton would've gone a goal up. He was bad offensively but defensively he was very, very solid.

Have some respect for Mata, "uh, let's sell him" that's so immature.

This isn't immature at all.

It's clear that Mata has no role in this new system. He is great player, just doesn't suit Mourinho's style of playing. It would be shame to waste such a talented player by having him on the bench and it's never good to have unhappy player in the team. By selling Mata both club and player would benefit. Mata would get a playing time he deserves and club would get money to strengthen our weaker positions.

Sentimentality should be put aside in cases like this.

Not sure what you were watching but Cole was far from atrocious. If it wasn't for Ashley's great defending at the back Southampton would've gone a goal up. He was bad offensively but defensively he was very, very solid.

Watch the match again there were several instances where Cole's decisions and defensive positioning were dubious and he was fortunate that Soton wasn't capable of cashing in on those opportunities.

Best XI is very clear for me now

---------------Cech-------------

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-César

--------Ramires-Luiz----------

Willian-----Oscar-----Hazard

-------------Torres-------------

Would try Oscar at CM with Mata as nº10 though and a better strike should be the only priority this market