• Torres
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

subs won us the game. feeling poor for mata (playing out of position while we have hazard as a winger on the pitch...) and also kinda for schürrle...even though he is more at fault than mata.

great result and very important 3 points. sucks that arsenal, city and pool all won their matches.

Slowly Mourinho is finding his best 11. Willian, Hazard and Oscar should all have a place in it from now on. Perhaps Ramires too.

Oscar - This game was a football lesson for him and the manager needs to make sure he doesn't forget it. Dribbled the goalkeeper and instead of making the tap in, went for a ridiculous penalty and got a yellow card. It could have cost us the game too. After that, he actually went for the goal and scored. Had he been given the penalty the first time around, he would not have learned such a valuable lesson.

And regarding Mata, it's sad but I think he won't find a place in this new Chelsea team...

Cannot see any future here for Mata now. Absolutely love the bloke but right now Hazard, Oscar and Willian offer so much more. With that trio we have a pact directness about us, we drive at teams as well as have this closing down and fighting spirit about us that is quite excellent to watch.

I was surprised to see Oscar and Willian sit this one out, but wasn't surprised to see them make an impact from the bench considering how good they have been.

Great start by chelsea in new year, happy to look mata on the pitch but sorry to mata, oscar is the best for couter attack styles. Torres just scored again, and the first away goal from the strikers. Now i prefer torres over etoo. I wish we can go through in the next match

Oscar would have got MOTM had he not dived. Thats all the media will talk about now. Why do it Oscar, just why??

Hazard, Oscar and Willian :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Time to sell Mata I think, Jose obviously doesnt like using him as a no. 10 and he isnt happy either. Sell him buy striker.

A great win although another disappointing first-half.

I thought we were okay in the first half and we could've been up by a goal or two had we been a lot more clinical.

I think this is the best 90 minutes we've played in a long, long time.

I thought we were okay in the first half and we could've been up by a goal or two had we been a lot more clinical.

I think this is the best 90 minutes we've played in a long, long time.

Southampton should've scored as well though. The difference between the first-half and the second-half for me was that everything good in the first-half came from individual moments of skill (mostly Torres) whereas the second-half was a complete team performance.

That first-half was worryingly reminiscent of Newcastle away actually.

Credit to the defenders, they've been really good recently. Ashley Cole fuck up was their only bad moment; they all put their body on the line and dealt with everything in the air.

3 clean sheets in 4 games now, well done.

After the Liverpool it was important to win today otherwise the 2-1 win would lose its importance. Very happy Chelsea did it and this time, without being nervous in the final minutes. It was painful to watch Mata, though, the subs won it for us today.