Chelsea vs Liverpool

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Chelsea take on Liverpool knowing a win would see them through to the Champions League Final.

John Arne Riise's own goal has put Chelsea in the driving seat in this semi-final tie, following their 1-1 draw ay Anfield. And after their 2-1 win over Manchester United, it is likely that Avram Grant's side will be in confident mood ahead of this crunch game.

The second leg of this semi-final has proved Chelsea's undoing in recent seasons, falling foul to the Merseysiders in 2005 and 2007 with 1-0 defeats at Anfield whilst a 2-2 draw with Monaco in 2004 saw the French team progress to the final. However John Terry remains adament that home advantage will see Chelsea through to their first ever European Cup final, citing Chelsea's fans "are just as good as Liverpool's."

Chelsea have no fresh injury doubts although they will assess the fitness of Salomon Kalou who was due to thigh strain in Saturday's victory over United.

Match chat here.
Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we play like we did against manure on wednesday im sure it will see us thru to the final

lets get behind the boys on wednesday, lets be the 12th man yeah...

Hopefully the lads won't be too tired. I'm not sure what sort of team to put out but I'd go along with:

Cech; Essien (Ferreira), A Cole, Terry, Carvalho; Ballack, Makelele, Lampard (Essien), J Cole, Drogba, Shevchenko

4-3-3 - if Frank doesn't play then Essien in midfield and Ferreira right back.

I would stick the same team that beat United. The boys have three days to prepare, it is more than enough time, although I am certain we will see Ferreira relegated to the bench for Makelele, with Essien playing at right-back.

Wouldnt play Lampard.To soon even if he does say he's ready.And you know what the scum fans can be like

Gana be tight but hopfully our record of them not scoring against us will stick.1-0 Chels.

Dont fuck it up and let them score!!

I don't actually want Lampard to play but i know he will. We were excellent yesterday and the same team MUST play! I am bricking ahead of this, i really am. Ive never been so nervous about a match of any kind so when i'm working on weds, my mind is gonna be so elsewhere and i aint gonna get shit all done. Surely this time, SURELY! I remember how i felt after the monaco game and the previous liverpool games and i really hope and pray that i dont have to go through that again for the 4th time in 5 years. This time last year when they done us on pens was the worst feeling ive ever had as a Chelsea fan.

Surely it cant happen again. We have them where we want them. If we couldve picked any score from last tuesday we woulda picked 1-1 right? Well we got it and now we have to finish the job for once.

help.gif

To the contrary, I'm relatively confident about the game. I wish we would play against Liverpool as we did against United, but I am sure we will see a more conservative effort, but I expect us to get the job done.

Well Liverpool are gonna play for 0-0 with up to half an hour to go then play 4-4-2 to grab the winner. I dunno if that plays into our hands or not really. I would take 0-0 at half time but whatever happens, they have to score. Us scoring doesnt really change much. Last thing i wanna see is penalties tho. We should start off quick, thats the best way. But if its still 0-0 with 5-10 mins to go i'll probs have a panic attack. Best get drunk asap.

1. You know what i feel like liverpool will score then we will score then pens and they beat us agian :(:(:( .

2. I really dont want essien to play right back. He is good their but we need his pace and energy fight in midfield.

3. If they beat us agian i am going to fucking smash a plate over my head.

This can be seen as Chelseas biggest game in recent times. Our first CL final at stake.

We need to do it for Lampard and his mum, for our groundsman wrongly accused of racism, for all the loyal fans -and not least for the Chelsea fan reportedly murdered by Liverpool fans last week which the press seem to be ignoring.

We have one foot through the Moscow door, big performances required from the players - Ballack, Drogba, Cech and Terry will rise to the occasion anyway

-we're making history - not reliving it all the time.

This can be seen as Chelseas biggest game in recent times. Our first CL final at stake.

We need to do it for Lampard and his mum, for our groundsman wrongly accused of racism, for all the loyal fans -and not least for the Chelsea fan reportedly murdered by Liverpool fans last week which the press seem to be ignoring.

We have one foot through the Moscow door, big performances required from the players - Ballack, Drogba, Cech and Terry will rise to the occasion anyway

Great words FB, great words...

exactly. Drogs needs to play way better even tho he did have a sweet assist... if he stays I hope we switch to a 4-1-2-1-2 and have both him and Anelka up front...

Having the away game first is a formula that was worked against Stuttgart, Barcelona, Porto, Olympiacos and Fenerbahce in recent times, I'm sure it will be the same against Liverpool. Just to finish them off would be wonderful.

Having the away game first is a formula that was worked against Stuttgart, Barcelona, Porto, Olympiacos and Fenerbahce in recent times, I'm sure it will be the same against Liverpool. Just to finish them off would be wonderful.

The away match 1st was a help, not as big of one as Riise tho....

Edited by pablo814