Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Chelsea have been offered Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain for £34 million.

The Telegraph says Higuain is known to Ancelotti and his cause is being pushed by agents who are close to the former Juventus executive, Luciano Moggi. Ancelotti is a former Juve coach, of course and has a good relationship with Moggi, who is trying to help broker a deal.

The 22-year-old striker is demanding a salary of €4.5 million (£3.9 million) a year with Chelsea also having to pay €4 million to his representatives to secure the deal. That, however, may prove a sticking point given owner Roman Abramovich's stance over such fees.

It appears that Chelsea would, however, turn to Higuain only if their attempts to secure Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, a long-term target, fail.

The Telegraph

Chelsea have been offered Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain for £34 million.

The Telegraph says Higuain is known to Ancelotti and his cause is being pushed by agents who are close to the former Juventus executive, Luciano Moggi. Ancelotti is a former Juve coach, of course and has a good relationship with Moggi, who is trying to help broker a deal.

The 22-year-old striker is demanding a salary of €4.5 million (£3.9 million) a year with Chelsea also having to pay €4 million to his representatives to secure the deal. That, however, may prove a sticking point given owner Roman Abramovich's stance over such fees.

It appears that Chelsea would, however, turn to Higuain only if their attempts to secure Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, a long-term target, fail.

The Telegraph

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2010/05/06/1911661/report-Chelsea-to-sign-gonzalo-higuain-from-real-madrid-for

I mean it's goal.com, so I'm not taking it all that seriously. Personally I'd like to see us sign Pato out of all the names we've been linked with, or maybe Radamel Falcao.

He's one player who has caught my eye this season.

He may not be the big name signing like Aguero or Pato, but the thing I like about him is that he knows how to find the back of the net. He may not have the flair of Aguero or the technical skills of Pato, but he's a finisher. Something we could be doing with.

£34m is nothing when you consider you'll be paying twice that for the other players mentioned and you'll be getting basically the same thing.

Better option imo.

He may not be the big name signing like Aguero or Pato, but the thing I like about him is that he knows how to find the back of the net. He may not have the flair of Aguero or the technical skills of Pato, but he's a finisher. Something we could be doing with.

£34m is nothing when you consider you'll be paying twice that for the other players mentioned and you'll be getting basically the same thing.

Better option imo.

I agree he is a fantastic finisher, he could be our next crespo. I really don't think real madrid will sell though which is sad !

This would be a dream come true !

Gonzalo Higuaín is one of my favorite strikers. His speed, ball control and finishing is fantastic.

He also likes to score beautiful goals and thats always nice. He is also pretty strong and a hard worker.

And he is only 22.

He would be a better and cheaper signing than Aguero or even Pato (please God, dont let Chelsea sign him)

He would be the perfect replacement for Didier.

I really dont know how long Didier is gonna keep this up, performing at such a high level.

The chances of this happening are very slim, but he hasnt extended his contract.

And there's something going on with him and Ronaldo. I think he wants to be the big star as well, i dont know..

And dont forget Real Madrid really do like big big names. Thats why they want players like Rooney, Villa and Torres. Players with alot of media hype.

I would be verry happy would he join us :dance:

Edited by Blue_Soldier

Higuain is really world class.. But Im not sure if he is the type of player who we really should be looking at.. I want some one with exceptional dribbling ability to be signed.. Who can run at players frm the rite wing to compliment malouda on left.. But I cant come up wd any good right sided wingers other than Messi !!! And NO, I do not rate Ribery..

Higuain is really world class.. But Im not sure if he is the type of player who we really should be looking at.. I want some one with exceptional dribbling ability to be signed.. Who can run at players frm the rite wing to compliment malouda on left.. But I cant come up wd any good right sided wingers other than Messi !!! And NO, I do not rate Ribery..

I do agree with you there. If only Joey was in (consistent) form, than we wouldnt have that problem.

Ashley Young would be a good signing. Pace, dribbling and a fantastic crosser. We would have the best left-footed (Malouda) and best right-footed (Young) crossers in the league. With Didier upfront, imagine the aerial threat :blink:.

• 2 weeks later...

Better option imo.

Spot on!