• Mikel
    • Mata
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Lampard (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Need to improve our finishing! Hazard was great, saw flashes of Mata's previous stellar performances and Etoo was very unlucky (see: poor) not to grab 1-2 goals.

If we had a decent striker, we'd win these fixtures 3 or 4 to nil. Anyway, onwards and upwards!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how??? how the fuck did this match end as 1-0. our striker force is a disgrace. defense was solid. some really good deep balls from luiz. mikel provided a nice cover. ramires seemed hung over and him missing the liverpool match is probably the worst thing that could have happened today. we simply cant have some luck going our way and having some easy matches. also what is wrong with our set pieces. with players like iva, jt, luiz, we should be scoring 2/3 goals in 12 corners. really need to work on some aspects.

cech - nothing was on target. nothing much to do. distribution was good and always found iva. 7/10

iva- solid match. good at the back and decent going ahead. dint give the ball away and compared to his previous performances against swansea , who are his bogey team, he was really good. 8/10

luiz - brilliant. that pass to mata at the start of the 2nd half was just orgasmic. was really good defensively too. 8/10

JT - a couple of very unlike JT passes at the back. but good performance nonetheless. seemed a bit leggy though. dont know how he ll play against pool and that too some1 as quick as suarez without the energy and cover provided by rambo. 7/10

cole - good performance. he needed to put in one of those. linked up well with hazard, some really good interceptions. tough call between him and azpi for the pool game but on recent performances, azpi should nudge it in his favou. 8/10

rambo - very sloppy in passing. should have put hazard thru towards the end of the match. a weird performance from him. but he will be missed the most for pool. infact the only player who i would not want to miss a big match would be rambo. big blow for us. 6/10

mikel - brilliant performance. pressed really well, provided a very good shield for the back 4. good performances and hope he can put another one against pool. we will definitely need it. 8/10

mata - what a performance. that control of the ball. that ball to etoo on the turn. his creativity is UNMATCHED. absolutely unmatched. 9/10

hazard - MOTM. his link up with mata was awesome. that one-two was just awesome and he should have put his laces thru it. everytime he got the ball we seemed like scoring but somehow dint. the best moment of the match would be when late in the match he made that block to stop a cross. flawless performance. 10/10

oscar - workrate and tackles were really good. runs off the ball to pull off defenders and provide space was great too. with rambo our his role against pool becomes doubly important. 8/10

etoo - what a joke. i can finish off those chances. the worst thing was watching rodriguez scoring on volleys, rooney scoring a screamer and then this SHIT!!! half the time he was literally in MAZACAR's way. i still remember that counter in which he stopped hazard from running on the wings cos etoo was on the wing and not in the center. hopeless performance. schurrle should be started as a ST. 0/10

subs -

lamps - almost scored with that low shot!!!. controlled the game really well. did his job. 7/10

schurrle- uninfluential. that would be the best way to describe his performance. could not get behind the swansea defence. also should have done better when on the ball. 6/10

willian - not much to do. infact nothing to do.

agreed with a lot of your ratings but I think you were generous to Etoo

That was a very good first half and a few unlucky chances in addition to Etoo wasting some incredible clear chances a striker just has to net.

I think tha 1st half was actually good football by us. Mazacar had a very good 45 minutes imo. They were fluid and link up well. Finally Oscar had a good match after the injury, he was immense defensively and I came undone with some of his tackles. Mata also had a couple of orgasmic passes and Hazard was very good again.

Two things I think make a difference in our system: Luiz's long balls in the attack and Oscar's defensive contributions that gives us balance.

Now January can't be here soon enough. If we don't sign a striker I honestly think we don't have a chance to win the league, but with a half good striker I guess we actually stand a chance.

I'll pretend Ramires won't miss the Liverpool match...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

I am really excited about next season.I mean our midfielders played really well and provided some terrific service but unfortunately Eto'o could not finish at all.

Yes,I know its frustrating but if we can be in such a challenging position at this stage then next season is certainly ours to dominate.

As for this season,we just have to slug it out and see where that gets us.

well, City do have amazing CMs, prob best in the league. Not to mention great players in every position - they have a stronger squad than Liverpool.

Liverpool's Brendan plays good in possession, but they lack quality in certain positions, and heavily lack strength in depth.

To me this is the very best lineup we've got, with the exception of Eto'o. Yes, I still believe Torres is the better striker we've got. We could certainly improve in certain positions, but until then this is it.

We just can't play this well and be fighting to keep the score until the final whistle. Not to mention every time we won't be playing this well and we will need a striker to pull something special like Surez and Aguero do on a regular basis. Oh well.

Liverpool will be the less fit side on Sunday. just realized Ramires is suspended. :(

This thread is about Chelsea or isn´t it ?

To see, this team missing chances after chances is pissing me off.

Even though, chances were created, I still do not think, Chelsea were overwhelming as I expected. This team is far from being ready to challenge for the PL, I feel.

Just an average performance or maybe below average .... The only silver lining is the clean sheet (first back to back clean sheet for the season .. wow)

Over reliance on Hazard and Ramiers in the center .. I m not sure if it is only me but I believe Hazard performance has gone down as compared to last season ...

E'to is just a liability.. i agree with Gary Neville that we play with 10 men!

Oscar continues to amaze me ... the kind of tackles and his work rate he puts in is just superb for a school boy sorry for a creative/attacking player.

Ramires got a silly yellow card. Puts us in a lot of trouble with that. Probably Essien next game?

Schwarzenegger in the pivot? :P

LOL I actually wrote Scwarzer, but apparently my iPad thinks we're better off playing Arnold there :lol:

It's not bad suggestion, tbh :P Maybe he can "terminate" the opponents attacks in midfield ;goober: