Seamus Coleman

Phil Driver

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird timing for this rumour when Ivanovic is in the form of his life and RB being Azpilicueta's natural position. Even Filipe Luis, who was probably the best LB last season finds it hard to get a regular starting spot just yet.

I can't see us buying Coleman, even though he is one of the best RB's in the prem. Ivanovic is playing like a monster at the moment, and even though he is not getting any younger, he still has 1+ season on top level. Even after that we have Azpi taking over, and imagine him being on his natural position - what a treat! And with Felipe Luis on the bench at the moment, I couldn't see us spending 20+ mil on Coleman.

He's bomb going forward he's owned almost all the defenses in the premier league.. he would make our right flank deadly in attacks and he's also a quite good defender.

But the thing is we've already got 2 of the very good RB's in our team. So there is no real need at all. I would rather prefer a Center back than a right back which is the position we are limited, Zouma is good but I dunno he's yet a quality to replace probably the best CB pairing in PL.

I feel that £20M is a joke price for a player who has had one 'good' season in the PL.

Sure he's a decent player but I doubt he'd ever start ahead of Ivanovic or Azpilicueta to be honest and quite frankly I'd prefer we got value for money. If you said to me we could pay £20M for Seamus Coleman or £20M for, lets say, Juanfran from Atletico (not literally but someone of that level), well you'd have to be daft to pick Coleman in my eyes.

British players are overpriced, that won't change.

• 1 month later...

Seamus Coleman is Chelsea target as Jose Mourinho plots £20m summer move for Everton defender

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2845700/Seamus-Coleman-Chelsea-target-Jose-Mourinho-plots-20m-summer-Everton-defender.html

It's only dailymail but I think there may be some truth in it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You