Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

i'm having a look at every liverpool fc forum out there and their confidence level ahead of this game is beyond imagination. they are challenging for a place in the top4 after a long long time and now they think they are the ultimate football team out there. fucking wankers, can't stand this team and their deluded fans, hope jose will teach them a lesson. chelsea champions and liverpool out from the top4 would be the best news in may

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on our terrible striking options I say we play for the draw. ;(

Nope,,since drogba left,,the best striker in our team is Attacking Midfielder. So,,you can hope WillMaZard dancing and strike at least one goal for us. and than,,let's park the bus...

We are not parking the bus at the bridge. We didnt do that against city and wont change against liverpool. We will attack them

But we had Ramires available against city.

Its not the same with Mikel+Lampard. There's a good chance Essien will return to the lineup for this match.

this will be the match that shows if chelsea has the class or has their hands stuck in a glass bowl and can't remove their one hand that got stuck. this will be were chelsea will sink or float. the match were we will see our rest of the season die or survive. This is the Match were we might see total damage on us from Liverpool defeating us or us giving the premier league other 19 teams the statement that chelsea and manchester city can only win the title and liverpool season will start to sink.

If Jose stopped rotating the striker position and stuck with someone for more than a couple of games, would that help build some confidence and chemistry with everyone else? Yeah, I know, they all have played like garbage most of the time, which is the reason for the constant change. But yet, can it really hurt? I am tired of seeing Eto'o stand still and watch when the ball is on our side of the pitch. Ba? Not the answer. At least Torres hustles while defending even if he has lost his scoring touch. I would put Torres in every game until either he gets it together and scores some goals or his legs fall off.

Call me crazy, but that's my view from across the Atlantic.

All frustration aside in regards to the striker position, and has there ever been a lot, 3 points on Sunday and its been a good first half of the season.

If Jose stopped rotating the striker position and stuck with someone for more than a couple of games, would that help build some confidence and chemistry with everyone else? Yeah, I know, they all have played like garbage most of the time, which is the reason for the constant change. But yet, can it really hurt? I am tired of seeing Eto'o stand still and watch when the ball is on our side of the pitch. Ba? Not the answer. At least Torres hustles while defending even if he has lost his scoring touch. I would put Torres in every game until either he gets it together and scores some goals or his legs fall off.

Call me crazy, but that's my view from across the Atlantic.

All frustration aside in regards to the striker position, and has there ever been a lot, 3 points on Sunday and its been a good first half of the season.

Its a good idea. But you cant help but feel frustrated when they play bad. You will want to sub them off and give the next one a chance to prove himself.

But i wish we could stick to how we used them in october: Torres against the big teams where we put pressure on the defence and counter attack with pace, Eto against the small teams that park the bus where we need his movement(better movement than the rest of our strikers), Ba against the physical teams.

Now, you want Chelsea to play an exciting 0 - 0 game ?

Yeah because we are not good enough, if we try to go toe to toe we will get destroyed, Liverpool ain't Arsenal man, you seen what they did to City yesterday, they should have really won by like 5-3 if ref didn't rule out that Sterling offside and they didn't missed like 5 chances of their own. And this is CITY we are talking about, at home, on the best in the world form.

Yeah because we are not good enough, if we try to go toe to toe we will get destroyed, Liverpool ain't Arsenal man, you seen what they did to City yesterday, they should have really won by like 5-3 if ref didn't rule out that Sterling offside and they didn't missed like 5 chances of their own. And this is CITY we are talking about, at home, on the best in the world form.

You cannot judge Citeh based on one game. Just remember Aguero was not there. No Suarez = no Liverpool.

Partially, I agree with you, current Chelsea´s scoring = dried up. However, if Chelsea is not good enough, then how come the team is 2 points off the top only ?

You cannot judge Citeh based on one game. Just remember Aguero was not there. No Suarez = no Liverpool.

Partially, I agree with you, current Chelsea´s scoring = dried up. However, if Chelsea is not good enough, then how come the team is 2 points off the top only ?

Oh by not good enough I don't mean the quality of our players but rather the form, come on man lol if we compare quality on paper we would be like 2nd in the league after City and got like 8-9 players better than Liverpool bar striker. Not really, City have shown this form for like more than 10-15 games now, so we know it isn't really just a good period for them. And I am not sure, yesterday even if Aguero was on the pitch would he really have made much of a difference? Liverpool in the 2nd half just kept the ball and kept going forward, City's mid couldn't really close them down to get forward themselves so even if Aguero was playing, he would be pretty much useless in that half unless he kept running back and win the ball for City.

But do you really think we should go toe to toe with them? We will get opened up so quick, especially with their lightning attacking and one touch passing. So imo Arsenal approach work better in this game, if we had someone like Martinez here now I would agree we should go toe to toe but we got Jose, who got no idea how to play pressing effectively meaning we would be at a disadvantage against a team with far superior pressing game plan.

Anything less than a win is unacceptable

Try to avoid a loss first mate, can we even do that if we don't park the bus?

i'm having a look at every liverpool fc forum out there and their confidence level ahead of this game is beyond imagination. they are challenging for a place in the top4 after a long long time and now they think they are the ultimate football team out there. fucking wankers, can't stand this team and their deluded fans, hope jose will teach them a lesson. chelsea champions and liverpool out from the top4 would be the best news in may

careful what you wish for man and why wouldn't they? Their team is playing the 2nd best football in the league behind Man City. What they did in the past is irrelevant, they don't think, THEY ARE SHOWING IT ON THE PITCH. Do you really think we will go to City and attempt what they did yesterday? Not a single chance in the world.

Jose will have figured out the best way to get the result.

My guess is we'll compress the two lines of defence, play deep and offer no space for them to have their runners to move into or for them to play their 'wall balls' back into (watch the City game yesterday). We will play counter attacking football and look to exploit their apparent weaknesses at corners and deep free kicks.

Personal match ups might be crucial, Hazard v Johnson looks to be one that could work to our advantage. Would love Torres to bury that demon of that missed chance in his very first game for us against them.

Would I like us to have a free bash at them - ideally yes, however play to our strengths, try to nullify theirs and exploit their weaknesses. At this point of the teams development and current form! This may be our best way to get the result. Make no mistake this I'd a game not to lose - for either team.