Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your man of the match

did u see us play??? did u see the tactics mou used,. did u see the sub he made at the end. this was NOT a must-win game. arsenal now have to play against whu (away) while city play pool which means very possible that 3 or 2 of the 3 teams above us will drop points. it was more important to keep arsenal in a results' reach rather than letting them go 5 points ahead..

and for the case. YOU GOT IT WRONG. THAT'S THAT.

NO!!!!!!!!!! IVAN SAID BEFORE THE GAME THAT THEY WANTED TO WIN THIS BAD. ALSO GARY CAHILL AND TERRY ADDED AFTER THE MATCH THAT IT WAS INTENTED TO BE A MUST-WIN. MOURINHO CHICKENED OUT AND HE WAS WRONG LIKE EVERYBODY THINKS!! YOU GOT IT WRONG. THAT'S THAT! (u gotta love the ending man,

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree for the most part, but what is it with you and your overly harsh criticism for Hazard? The forum was stunned by his sub yet you think he was our worst player and flop of the day.

He was our only threat going forward and was excellent defensively. Somethings off mate

as i wrote, i expected him to be the game changer. but he was poor today. even by normal standards. he dint get any purchase against sagna/gibbs. lost the ball ample amounts of time. not a performance that u would associate with a player who u would have pinned all your hopes on.

I dunno. We have had quite a few managers and the most effective way we play is and has been for a while defensively.

So we are a whole club is just cursed then, to eternity playing defensive football. Carlo done it in 09-10, RDM done it for the first 2 months of last season, Rafa did for some games toward the end of last season. Some time I really wish we would have signed the likes of Pep, Martinez or Rodgers, only then we would know if our team can play attacking football or not

Dont take it personally but some people have to understand that Jose \ any other manager for that matter is no magician.

IT TAKES TIME to build a team around certain tactics and mentallity, especially a team like us who doesnt have a system, changes managers all the time etc.

But time is a luxury thing here though, Martinez had Everton playing attacking football after like 5 matches, Pellegrini had City playing it straight away, so it is possible, especially with the players we have.

Why cant we be this focused and organised against the shitty teams? ...

Exactly my thoughts for the duration of the match. Solid defensively, and if Lamps had more luck in 1st half and had better shot in the 2nd this defence could have gotten us a win. As it is, it kept us 2 points off the top and very much in it.

Now watch us go and let in 3 or 4 against Swansea :(

as i wrote, i expected him to be the game changer. but he was poor today. even by normal standards. he dint get any purchase against sagna/gibbs. lost the ball ample amounts of time. not a performance that u would associate with a player who u would have pinned all your hopes on.

Except he wasn't poor at all but I'm not gonna argue further, protip: don't use the sunderland game as a benchmark.

So basically we are AFRAID of them?

Afraid is a bit strong.

But don't you think they have been playing better than us ? And bar the Man City result have hit their peak so more of the inform team ?

I mean Wenger's had god knows how many seasons to gel a team...

Jose's not stupid, he knows that to get a point at the Emirates we will still be in reaching distance and he will still have time to get it right.

His tactics were spot on imo.

NO!!!!!!!!!! IVAN SAID BEFORE THE GAME THAT THEY WANTED TO WIN THIS BAD. ALSO GARY CAHILL AND TERRY ADDED AFTER THE MATCH THAT IT WAS INTENTED TO BE A MUST-WIN. MOURINHO CHICKENED OUT AND HE WAS WRONG LIKE EVERYBODY THINKS!! YOU GOT IT WRONG. THAT'S THAT! (u gotta love the ending man,

they HAVE TO SAY THAT. WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO SAY "we came here for a draw against our biggest rial and even lined up in a way that had a draw written over it",,, IS THAT WHAT U WANT THEM TO SAY. BELIVE WHAT U SEE. I SAW A TEAM WHO FROM THE START TO THE END CAME OUT TO PLAY A DRAW OR NICK THE MATCH WITH AN ODD-GOAL IN A COUNTER.

AND WHO THINKS HE WAS WRONG. ALL I HEAR IS MICHAEL OWEN AND ANDY TOWNSEND AND RAY WILKINS SAYING THAT JOSE GOT THE TACTICS RIGHT AND MUST BE THE HAPPIER MANAGER. people on here are happy with the draw. the worst thing is even after watching the bloody match u think we played it like a must-win. UNBELIEVABLE.

Can't believe some of the comments on here....but there from the people you expect so maybe I should've be surprised.

We looked defensively weak in recent weeks and were going away to a good team. We looked strong today and created the better chances on the break. What the fuck has anyone got to moan about. That's not even taking into account the conditions today.

We're two points off the top having gone away to Old Trafford, Goodison Park, White Hart Lane and the Emirates. We showed some real fight and spirit tonight and this sets us up well for the rest of the Christmas period.

People moaning about us adopting these tactics today can quite frankly fuck off in my opinion.

First Chelsea game I watched this season. Very happy that I haven't watched any more. Have lost interest in football altogether. Summary of this game is lots of diving by both sides and negative tactics from Mourinho.

Glad to get rid of pretenders like you claiming to support us.

We have to beat Swansea on Thursday now, we could be ahead of Man city and/or Liverpool depending on their result.

The next few months really going to be interesting. Like Edetarod said, for a change we're actually still in the race around this time.

I have been saying this since August: whoever finishes January in first will win the league.

Except he wasn't poor at all but I'm not gonna argue further, protip: don't use the sunderland game as a benchmark.

i dont wanna argue too but i disagree with the last part. we have a striker who we know will not score. willian short circuits in the last 3rd. the 3 midfielders (rambo, lamps, mikel) were set up to disrupt arsenal's game rather than play our own. the only difference here had to be hazard.maybe i am being very unfair to him, but damn it he is eden-fucking-hazard. i expected him to have a season similar to the one CR had when he was 22, 42 goals, and so far...