Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your man of the match

As soon as I saw your name I thought it would be a criticism of Mourinho. For you to compliment him seems like a once in a lifetime thing icon_eek.gif

Guess it is because I am so used to seeing you rip into him laughingsmiley001.gif

Stats, I am not here to rip Jose. As I said, Jose is the BEST tactician, as seen last night again. As soon as I saw 4-3-3, I knew what he aimed to play. Chelsea has been poor in defending, lately. Arsenal likes to attack, the weather conditions had forced him to play waiting game, counter attack...etc.

Personally, I feel Jose made the right choice, last night. I am happy with the draw. On Thursday, Citeh will move into 1st, Chelsea into 2nd, providing the goons drop points with WH.

As for my criticism of Jose, there are certain deals, I am not happy with. Still he is the best around.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it is important to win every game, especially at home, but I won't commit suicide if we did not beat Liverpool at home.

:lol: Let's not exaggerate what I said just because of the disaster I alluded to in the last point. Just want us to make the point gained at the a Emirates count and also beat one of the big teams - something that has hardly been done this season - convincingly if possible.

Thought we looked a very solid unit as the stats backed that up(how many shots did Arsenal at home have!!! ffs)With a few better choices from Willian&Hazard and abit of luck from Lamps we would have won this 1,but the way we haved leaked goals the last lot of games i was glad to see that resolved and hope to build on the away form,hard for any striker at Cfc at the moment as they are not getting many chances! Im sure Arsenal supporters are getting worrired

A disaster? Why does ever one act like we have always been the nailed on favorites to win the title?! We are contenders no doubt, but the target has always been top 3. No need to put that kind of pressure on the players that they NEED to be top of the league when City and Arsenal have better squads than us.

LOL what?

LOL what?

Yeah Arsenal have a much more cohesive squad made up of players that are in the peak of their careers and who all like to play the same style of football and who all fit their system. That's what you get when you have 8 years to build a squad.

Yeah Arsenal have a much more cohesive squad made up of players that are in the peak of their careers and who all like to play the same style of football and who all fit their system. That's what you get when you have 8 years to build a squad.

Actually they doesn't, they might play better football than us but if we compare position to position we will come out on top. And you said about 8 years but most of those Arsenal players have left already, do they actually have anyone in their squad that was signed before 2010 and is still playing a big part in their team? Players like Fabregas,RVP have all left so Arsenal had to keep on rebuilding year after year. Yeah I agree about the style and players that fit their system, that is what you get for not buying for the sake of buying and actually focusing on the positions you need.

Citeh at least to me have the best squad, will win the PL.

As for the goons, LOL,LOL,LOL. One Ozil fell asleep lately, Arsenal is fucked, royally. Mediocre team, overachievers of late, that´s all folks.

I know City on this form is one of the best team in the world, they could really destroy Barca the same way Bayern did last season if they are on form. Agreed about Arsenal too haha, but then again they got load of easy games coming up while we got a lot of difficult games, by this time in 2 months we could be like 10 points behind them :angry:

Actually they doesn't, they might play better football than us but if we compare position to position we will come out on top. And you said about 8 years but most of those Arsenal players have left already, do they actually have anyone in their squad that was signed before 2010 and is still playing a big part in their team? Players like Fabregas,RVP have all left so Arsenal had to keep on rebuilding year after year. Yeah I agree about the style and players that fit their system, that is what you get for not buying for the sake of buying and actually focusing on the positions you need.

Most of the Arsenal players are at their prime while most of our players are either in the twilight of their career or still in the development stage. That makes a huge difference.

so, how many players does it take, you know defending, to help us keep a clean sheet? Because my answer right now is 11.

My philosophy is simple: each system should demand as little as possible from the others. A team that has 11 players committed to defending to keep a clean sheet have bad defense. Same for the attack: an attack that needs a lot of help from mid and fbacks is no attack at all.

my gut feeling is that Jose is, with his system and drive, is just delaying the inevitable... I'm sorry to say.

BTW, DL in the middle should be used more often as he really created problems for arsenal tonight.

BTW2, Belgium 11%+ ales are evil...

today in football it is completely normal, that full backs attack a lot. or would you say that Bayerns and Barcelonas attack is shit, because the fullbacks have to do alot in attack?

with the defensive matter I agree. At the moment our defense is only solid, when we sit back and everybody helps in defence the whole time.

I thought our performance was pretty good and Jose's tactics definitely worked.I feel we would have won today if we had a say Diego Costa instead of Torres or even a Lukaku on the bench instead of Eto'o to come on and make an impact late in the game.

I know City on this form is one of the best team in the world, they could really destroy Barca the same way Bayern did last season if they are on form. Agreed about Arsenal too haha, but then again they got load of easy games coming up while we got a lot of difficult games, by this time in 2 months we could be like 10 points behind them :angry:

We do agree on certain points about Jose, but I do not agree here. Barca to me is still better squad than Citeh, mental strength to win important games. Perhaps, Citeh will be tough at home, but...?

Arsenal might have easier games, but it´s all on paper. In the PL, there are no more easy games or tough ones, I feel. In January, we will see the difference between the real title challengers & the pretenders. Arsenal to me is still not ready to win it all. These scrooges, won´t buy 2-3 top players to help the team. Therefore, no dice, I feel.

Chelsea will not be 10 points behind Arsenal, no way Jose.

I wish I knew what happened to Jose during his last year @ Real Madrid.

It's like he's become that grumpy out of date old guy that has a fight with everyone. Where is the real Mourinho?\

All these ego-fights...

- Why leave our player of the year on the bench all the time, even when we're playing bad?

- Why these weird lineups ?

We know that Mikel-Ramires-Lamps is slow and not creative enough. The game was so boring I was thinking of subbing Luiz for Ramires or something...

I've said this about Ramires many times, he has great skills but not the brain to use them.

- Why sub a defender (attacking skills or not) for a striker (considering it's not a cup final)?

Something's wrong here. And above all, we need a top 15-20 world class striker and not these 3 imposters

To me, the most controlled game that I have seen for a long time & discipline of the team was the name of the game, last night.

To some, it might have been too defensive, I too do not like to see Chelsea playing these games, however sometimes it´s called for.

Last night was one of those games, I feel.