Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

LOL Seriously? To start with he's more naturally an attacking midfielder than a CM. That's where he's played for most of the season. Second, he's no where near Chelsea quality. He's strong and can run all day, but apart from that, he brings next to nothing.

BS story, imo.

First of all the fact that this season he plays as a CAM doesnt mean he's 'more naturally an attacking midfielder than a CM', thats a bulshit fact you just made up. He's a CM.

Mikel is "Chelsea quality"? Guarin brings power, abillity to run and make breaks in midfield, he's techniquely gifted, can pass the ball forword, what does your beloved Mikel knows to do compare to that?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that Guarin does not have the natural ability of a CM, especially on the ball. That's why Matzarri is playing him as an attacking midfielder when Inter are seriously lacking a central midfielder. He prefers to play Kovasic, who is an attacking midfielder, at CM for his passing and general ability on the ball and plays Fredy as an attacking midfielder to use his physical attributes for Inter's pressing system.

Wow thats even more hilarious... you realy think Guarin isnt good enough with the ball to play as a CM? i cant understand why you're talking so much about a player you almost havent watched.. thats realy ridiculous, people can call your bluff you know, there are people who realy watched him. Guarin is a lot better than Ramires with the ball, better passer, with better techniques. Better than Mikel of course btw..

whoscored

and every time i have seen inter it has been alvarez behind the striker not guarin but he has filled in there a few times

Inter have played 3-5-2 for most of the season, but Matzarri tried playing with a back four a few times. Guarin is listed as playing an attacking midfielder when they've played 4-2-3-1 and as a central midfielder when they have played 3-5-2 but in reality he has played as the most advanced in a 3-man midfield: basically what Oscar does for us. Alvarez has played as a second striker, partnering Palacio.

In fact, most Inter fans have been slating Matzarri for continuing to play Guarin. They want Kovasic in his place and, having watched most of Inter's games this season, I tend to agree. Fredy had a great season last year especially towards the end, but he hasn't been remotely as good this season.

No thanks. I don't rate him at all... He is powerful, can run and shoots too often with no success most o the time. I watched Inter a lot last season and he is not world class... We need players like Modric, Alonso to hold our midfield... And again for Guarin, NO THANKS :-)

Got a feeling there's something real in this rumour, Mourinho probably attended the Belgium - Colombia match last month to watch Guarin in action.

Not sure whether he'd be a good fit for us because I haven't really seen much of him since his Porto days but if he's capable of playing in the pivot next to Ramires or Mikel, then I wouldn't say no because it's not like there are a lot of reasonably priced options available in January and we desperately need a new midfielder. Guarin would be eligible in the Champions League which is a huge plus for a January buy. Would also give us time till next summer to address this problem properly and some of the more attractive options could be more easily obtainable by then (Witsel, Pogba, Gündogan etc.).

Got a feeling there's something real in this rumour, Mourinho probably attended the Belgium - Colombia match last month to watch Guarin in action.

Not sure whether he'd be a good fit for us because I haven't really seen much of him since his Porto days but if he's capable of playing in the pivot next to Ramires or Mikel, then I wouldn't say no because it's not like there are a lot of reasonably priced options available in January and we desperately need a new midfielder. Guarin would be eligible in the Champions League which is a huge plus for a January buy. Would also give us time till next summer to address this problem properly and some of the more attractive options could be more easily obtainable by then (Witsel, Pogba, Gündogan etc.).

i think he was injured for the belgium colombia match

No thanks. I don't rate him at all... He is powerful, can run and shoots too often with no success most o the time. I watched Inter a lot last season and he is not world class... We need players like Modric, Alonso to hold our midfield... And again for Guarin, NO THANKS :-)

Yes, because there are so many players akin to Alonso and Modric available in January. Get real man.

Yes, because there are so many players akin to Alonso and Modric available in January. Get real man.

The point was that we don't need him and that he is shit... Selfish, not creative, shoots from everywhere with no success... And I doubt we'll sign him...

The whole world can see we are in dare need of a central midfielder/regista and what are we linked with. yet another box to box midfielder. why are we paying these so called professionals (scouts, technical director et al) so much to make retarded football decisions?

The whole world can see we are in dare need of a central midfielder/regista and what are we linked with. yet another box to box midfielder. why are we paying these so called professionals (scouts, technical director et al) so much to make retarded football decisions?

The only DLP you can get in January is Cabaye i think, and maybe Jose isnt impress with him. Very few options in this area in the middle of the season.

The only DLP you can get in January is Cabaye i think, and maybe Jose isnt impress with him. Very few options in this area in the middle of the season.

So because quality dlp/cm's aren't available in jan (arguable) is justification for us to buy an average midfielder we don't even need at all in jan?. why not do the sensible thing and wait until CM's become available in the summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You