test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ainsley Harriott

The Portuguese Liga Sagres Thread

Started by Ainsley Harriott,

63 posts in this topic

ligasagres9p8ospotmag.jpg

I know the Portuguese league doesn't interest many posters here, but I'll start one anyway.

Top 3:

CLUB P W D L GD PTS

Benfica 20 15 3 1 24 49

Sporting 20 13 5 2 25 44

FC Porto 20 13 3 4 23 42

Top players for the "big 3":

Porto - Jackson Martínez, Alex Sandro, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo.

Benfica - Markovic, Enzo Peréz, Garay, Cardozo

Sporting - Patricío, William Carvalho, Fredy Montero, Adrien Silva

Top scorers:

1. Jackson Martínez FC Porto 14

2. Fredy Montero Sporting 13
3. Derley Marítimo 10
4. Héldon Marítimo/Sporting 9 (transferred in January)
5. Evandro Estoril 9
Tomo, nachikethas and dave30 like this

Regardless.

Pretty talented, but not the "next Ronaldo" people talked about, I think that's too much. His agent is a problem though, one of those who only wants what's best for himself.

I think Bruma should start getting playing time in our NT despite his age, our wing play outside of Ronaldo is shit.. He could help a little. But of course Jorge Mendes basically controls the selections, it's a damn mafia

Yes, that was an epic fail - and one of the biggest matches of the season, and in the moment when every result was going to seriously affect the table situation at the top.

When the match is going to be played? I think I heard Monday 25th, but with my non-existant Portuguese I probably heard wrong.

Yes, that was an epic fail - and one of the biggest matches of the season, and in the moment when every result was going to seriously affect the table situation at the top.

When the match is going to be played? I think I heard Monday 25th, but with my non-existant Portuguese I probably heard wrong.

Tuesday.

Oh joy. Wanted to watch the game earlier and now it's going to be played on the same day we face West Brom. :doh::rant:

Really? Fuck... I'm gonna have to miss the Chelsea game then :(

Benfica are now 5 points clear in the league and 7 ahead of Porto. What a mess the latter have been Fonseca this season. That Porto v Benfica game on the last day of the season is slowly becoming redundant. Meh! :rant:

Benfica are now 5 points clear in the league and 7 ahead of Porto. What a mess the latter have been Fonseca this season. That Porto v Benfica game on the last day of the season is slowly becoming redundant. Meh! :rant:

Fonseca sucks, shit's going down at Porto. Yesterday especially. Only Sporting can challenge Benfica now, but I'm not sure we're ready... But that match will still be very important.

Fonseca sucks, shit's going down at Porto. Yesterday especially. Only Sporting can challenge Benfica now, but I'm not sure we're ready... But that match will still be very important.

If there's anything that going to cost Benfica, it's probably their Europa League games and subsequent tiredness, if any. Can only see Sporting catching up that way.

As for Fonseca, apparently in his Europa League presser the other day, he called Eintracht Frankfurt as Eintracht 'Bayern' and mentioned their second leg tie is in Leverkusen as opposed to Frankfurt. Hilarious when I saw it.