Ryan Gauld

jonaaibosk

This may be a purely biased opinion what with me being a Dundee United fan, but why do we seem to be the only big club right now that don't seem to be interested in this kid?

He has a huge amount of potential and is already being linked with big money moves to clubs. Figures of £5-6million are being talked about with the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and 2 Bundesliga clubs (1 of which is in the champions league) already sending scouts up to look at him

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just looks like a decent kid playing in a trashy thug league.

Seriously? I totally despair for you. If you can't see that this boy is a talent, then maybe football isn't for you.

It also amazes me how the Scottish Premiership gets looked down on so much. Sure it's not as good as the BPL but It's really not as bad as folk make it out to be.

Plenty established players have served their football apprenticeships in the old SPL

Tim Krul

Steven Fletcher

Victor Wanyama

Gary Hooper

Graham Dorrans

Robert Snodgrass

fair enough their aren't many world stars but it's not as bad as people south of the border make out.

It's definitely not a trashy thug league either. Their are a lot of hammer thrower players in the league but you get that in every league around the world.

If you watched teams like Dundee United this season or even Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Motherwell last season, there is some really nice stuff being played

Seriously? I totally despair for you. If you can't see that this boy is a talent, then maybe football isn't for you.

It also amazes me how the Scottish Premiership gets looked down on so much. Sure it's not as good as the BPL but It's really not as bad as folk make it out to be.

Plenty established players have served their football apprenticeships in the old SPL

Tim Krul

Steven Fletcher

Victor Wanyama

Gary Hooper

Graham Dorrans

Robert Snodgrass

fair enough their aren't many world stars but it's not as bad as people south of the border make out.

It's definitely not a trashy thug league either. Their are a lot of hammer thrower players in the league but you get that in every league around the world.

If you watched teams like Dundee United this season or even Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Motherwell last season, there is some really nice stuff being played

i never said he wasnt good but 5 goals in the spl isnt enough to earn a move to a big club. to be honest ive only seen video highlights and basically all they showed was him getting hacked down. clearly he has alot of technical skill but i doubt he would have any chance of making it at chelsea

i never said he wasnt good but 5 goals in the spl isnt enough to earn a move to a big club. to be honest ive only seen video highlights and basically all they showed was him getting hacked down. clearly he has alot of technical skill but i doubt he would have any chance of making it at chelsea

He's not a goalscorer though. In his last 3 games though he's scored 2 and got 6 assists.

He wouldn't make it at Chelsea right now but he's only 17 FFS. The fact that he is interesting big clubs across the world speaks volumes. He has the potential to go to the very top.

Like I said I may be being biased but being the key member of a team that has scored 4 goals on 6 occasions and 5 goals once in only 18 games this season is making clubs take note. He may never fulfill his potential and us being overloaded with talent in his position is probably a major factor in us not being interested.

For such a young laddie though, he is an absolute joy to watch and a breath of fresh air in a team that struggled last season

http://vimeo.com/m/80161129

Given he is a #10, 5 goals is a very good return so far for a 17 year old I'd say.

Hes been involved directly in 7 of Dundee United's last 9 goals. Having seen him in most games hes played this season, I would say he's as talented as Islam Feruz if not more talented, he should stay at United though hes the main player in the team basically, he should get at least 100 or 150 games under his belt in the SPL before moving.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You