test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC_4EVER

The Ancelotti Thread

Started by CFC_4EVER,

482 posts in this topic

Carlo's work at Madrid has been Exceptional.

He took a team that was drowned in controversy and brought calm into the team and club. With the players he was given, he was able to add a new layer of maturity (specially defensively) to Madrid. The season long tactical work consisted primarily of

1. Figuring out the correct formation

2. Improving team work and defensive mechanisms

The mid point of this improvement/road was the 31 game undefeated streak that consisted of Madrid conceding around no more than 5 goals in about 2 months. This all Led to the final result, that being a strong 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid that beat Both Barcelona and Bayern 7-1 aggregate.

This champions league trophy is definitely in great part due to Ancelotti's fantastic work at Madrid.

The league was lost primarily because of the first half of the season, which is where Madrid was trying to find it's ground. There was then a dip with a draw against Atletico in league and loss to Barca but this led to Carlo and the team finding the last tweaks they needed. The last 3 or so league matches were "thrown away" for several reasons, but it can be argued that this bit of relaxation allowed Madrid for more energy for the final, which is one of the reasons everyone took it more easily during the last weeks of league.

Next season will be the season where Real Madrid can truly be judged on league.

Only improvements based on realistic transfer rumors i hear are Suarez and Pogba.

Benzema, Morata, Khedira, Casemiro all out.

Di Maria/Modric being untouchable, and Isco a Heir to their positions.

quickpassnmove and Madmax like this

Delighted for Carlo as I am for any ex Chelsea manager when they win something (except Benitez), one of the only managers along with Bob Paisley to win the European Cup 3 times now.

This champions league trophy is definitely in great part due to Ancelotti's fantastic work at Madrid.

I still don't see how Real Madrid won the CL final 4-1 despite playing so poor collectively and to be honest individually in 120 minutes. Had Costa been 110% fit then I think it might have been a different story because well lets be honest Adrian is a good player but hes not Diego Costa and everyone in that Atletico team were very good until Ramos scored. Lucky enough for Real they have match winners like Isco, Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo (even though the only two who really made an impact were Isco and Di Maria in the second half and extra time). Think Carlo's subs were good though, Isco came on, let Modric play a wee tad deeper which worked as he did a lot more than Khedira in terms of distributing the ball forward and quicker and then Marcelo was braver than Coentrao in getting forward. Still don't think Real were half as good as they were made out to be in times this season and third place is La Liga is still quite embarrassing for a squad with that players.

Delighted for Carlo as I am for any ex Chelsea manager when they win something (except Benitez), one of the only managers along with Bob Paisley to win the European Cup 3 times now.

I still don't see how Real Madrid won the CL final 4-1 despite playing so poor collectively and to be honest individually in 120 minutes. Had Costa been 110% fit then I think it might have been a different story because well lets be honest Adrian is a good player but hes not Diego Costa and everyone in that Atletico team were very good until Ramos scored. Lucky enough for Real they have match winners like Isco, Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo (even though the only two who really made an impact were Isco and Di Maria in the second half and extra time). Think Carlo's subs were good though, Isco came on, let Modric play a wee tad deeper which worked as he did a lot more than Khedira in terms of distributing the ball forward and quicker and then Marcelo was braver than Coentrao in getting forward. Still don't think Real were half as good as they were made out to be in times this season and third place is La Liga is still quite embarrassing for a squad with that players.

Third place is really more in part due to the last 3 matches given away for reasons already mentioned. The 2014 Madrid would have probably won the league.

Real Madrid won the matches it had to win in the CL with the only slip pretty much being the match at dortmund, it was after that one that the 4-3-3/4-4-2, and the real cl winning side was able to be seen. The matches against Bayern and Barca after that dortmund match speak for them selves. Best Madrid since the Last Cl winning side.

Atletico defended well and made it hard for us but they were only winning due to a Goalkeeper mistake, they were pretty poor in attack. Benzema and Ronaldo were not in shape, they were actually petty much doubts before the final, and Bale wasnt at his finest as he missed a very clear opportunity and also made bad decisions from which Madrid could have scored atleast one more. Khedira is also Khedira after all and was not fully fit.

Carlo's subs were actually exactly what Madrid needed. Specially with Atletico on the ropes.

Real Madrid played better, no doubt.

Third place is really more in part due to the last 3 matches given away for reasons already mentioned. The 2014 Madrid would have probably won the league.

Real Madrid won the matches it had to win in the CL with the only slip pretty much being the match at dortmund, it was after that one that the 4-3-3/4-4-2, and the real cl winning side was able to be seen. The matches against Bayern and Barca after that dortmund match speak for them selves. Best Madrid since the Last Cl winning side.

Atletico defended well and made it hard for us but they were only winning due to a Goalkeeper mistake, they were pretty poor in attack. Benzema and Ronaldo were not in shape, they were actually petty much doubts before the final, and Bale wasnt at his finest as he missed a very clear opportunity and also made bad decisions from which Madrid could have scored atleast one more. Khedira is also Khedira after all and was not fully fit.

Carlo's subs were actually exactly what Madrid needed. Specially with Atletico on the ropes.

Real Madrid played better, no doubt.

I wouldn't really say it was by a massive difference then.

Atletico still gave Real a lot of problems by winning first and second balls in midfield, pressing and defending very well (except for that corner Ramos scored from and the extra time due to fatigue). The likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria (in the first half) players who you'd expect to open them up (even though a lot of teams have this year) struggled to really get into the game at all and if I were a Madrid fan I would have found that quite worrying during the 90 minutes, given their ability and the fact it was the biggest game of their season if not their Real Madrid careers.

Even if Ronaldo and Benzema were doubts before the game they were awful, Diego Costa wasn't very fit but Ronaldo and Benzema were obviously going to be more ready for the game than he would be given Simeone had rushed his recovery from injuries once or twice this season and they backfired. Most of the Real Madrid team played badly in fact, 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection and the idiot journalists and morons on twitter bigging up Bale and Ronaldo's performances need to seriously have a look at that game again. Bale was awful but he ran 30m and scored a header so he all of a sudden had a good performance? Roy Keane was right when he said Bale had done nothing in the first half and he still did in the second half and most of extra time.

Sure Atletico were poor in attack but then that means surely Real were very very very poor in attack because Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo you would never have guessed were playing at all in the 90 minutes. Sure when it went to extra time you could just feel Real would win mainly because the Atletico players had given so much and were quite frankly hanging on from the 70th minute onwards.

Still it was about time Madrid won la decima given all that money they spent, just a pity though because I felt Atletico's efforts up until that corner was worthy of winning even though the last 20 minutes it was quite frankly one way traffic.

I wouldn't really say it was by a massive difference then.

Atletico still gave Real a lot of problems by winning first and second balls in midfield, pressing and defending very well (except for that corner Ramos scored from and the extra time due to fatigue). The likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria (in the first half) players who you'd expect to open them up (even though a lot of teams have this year) struggled to really get into the game at all and if I were a Madrid fan I would have found that quite worrying during the 90 minutes, given their ability and the fact it was the biggest game of their season if not their Real Madrid careers.

Even if Ronaldo and Benzema were doubts before the game they were awful, Diego Costa wasn't very fit but Ronaldo and Benzema were obviously going to be more ready for the game than he would be given Simeone had rushed his recovery from injuries once or twice this season and they backfired. Most of the Real Madrid team played badly in fact, 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection and the idiot journalists and morons on twitter bigging up Bale and Ronaldo's performances need to seriously have a look at that game again. Bale was awful but he ran 30m and scored a header so he all of a sudden had a good performance? Roy Keane was right when he said Bale had done nothing in the first half and he still did in the second half and most of extra time.

Sure Atletico were poor in attack but then that means surely Real were very very very poor in attack because Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo you would never have guessed were playing at all in the 90 minutes. Sure when it went to extra time you could just feel Real would win mainly because the Atletico players had given so much and were quite frankly hanging on from the 70th minute onwards.

Still it was about time Madrid won la decima given all that money they spent, just a pity though because I felt Atletico's efforts up until that corner was worthy of winning even though the last 20 minutes it was quite frankly one way traffic.

It's not just about showing up "at the push of a button", the players obviously care and they give it their all, Atletico clearly defended very very well and did not make it easy on Real which were as noted, not as fresh as they were in encounters such as the Semi's. This is how football works. Whilst watching the match i knew that i was watching A Real Madrid that not only was not at it's most fresh, but an Atletico that was defending very well. Di Maria opened them up well with his individuality, as he has done plenty times before with other teams this season, he's a physical freak.

Benzema barely made it into the final, he got injured and didn't even finish the last La Liga match, that is primarily why he was subbed out for Morata. So Benzema was not "obviously" going to be more ready, Costa's injury was more severe, but this doesn't translate to Benzema being inform at all. Same with Ronaldo who was expected to play last Liga match but was declared not fit just before it started, neither was at most fit, so it was not going to be easy to rip holes across the best Atletico side in history. Diego Costa was an important absence but he hasn't precisely been a dark horse against Madrid either, think he scored 1 goal against us in the 4 matches played before final. Bale had a bit of a shocker and both him and Iker would be crucified for their mistakes had we lost. (Which in a way signifies how the result was always more directly linked to our actions). At the same time if Bale had scored that one goal and had also had the one assist that comes to my mind, he'd be lauded as hero, and Iker would be looked upon as having done his job, so it's also a good reminder that the line between hero and villain is very very thin in football.

Atletico were tired because they had to work hard to defend, in the end the team with more talent and momentum won. Diego Costa was actually a multi dimensional whammy for Simeone.

The League season ended as a perfect trampoline to paddle when it comes to Atletico being tired and losing two of it's main players, but both teams were handicapped in their own way.

quickpassnmove likes this

Exactly. He did fuck all with PSG. Still a good manager though.

About Mou's autobiography though! HOUGGHHHHHH!

Didn't he win them their first Ligue Un title?

nowhereman likes this

We need to have a thread for past managers. Annoyed having to come into this thread to read about Carlo :(

will name some of my faves

Tommy Doc

J Neal

G Hoddle

R Gullit

C Ranieri

G Hiddink

R Wilkins

R D M

C Ancelotti

LDN Blue and Madmax like this

Exactly. He did fuck all with PSG. Still a good manager though.

About Mou's autobiography though! HOUGGHHHHHH!

Dumb Mourinho fan. He won the league title.

Going to say it now that Ancelotti will not be at Madrid next season, he is getting sacked this season. That team is going to struggle defensively mightly. Early season sturggle, unbalnaced squad and Carlo weak league resume is enough for me make that predicition.

I don't know if it was his decision to allow Alonso, Lopez and Di maria to leave, but having no backbone to stand against Flo is no excuse either.

And the depressing thing is, none of it was his fault. Real Madrid won the CL because of Ancelotti and NO ONE ELSE! All these signings were made by Florentino Perez! At one point, Jese was outperforming Gareth Bale, Jese eventually started over him. But Fiorentino Perez demanded he play because of he spunked out way too much money and he's a galactico.

All the success was because of Carlo, all the failure was because of Florentino. Not even joking.

The funny thing is Carlo wanted to keep ADM and Alonso but the fact that they just bought Kroos, James and likes of Isco and Illarramendi last year Perez wanted them sold. The Madrid fans must be going crazy.

The funny thing is Carlo wanted to keep ADM and Alonso but the fact that they just bought Kroos, James and likes of Isco and Illarramendi last year Perez wanted them sold. The Madrid fans must be going crazy.

Poor Carlo. Bet he becomes the next Man U coach.