test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC_4EVER

The Ancelotti Thread

Started by CFC_4EVER,

482 posts in this topic

I understand that he criticizes Roman for certain incidents, firing Ray Wilkins fo example, but his explanations are a bit one-sided. The beginning of the end for Ancelottis reign was actually our 2010 summer transfer window, when we didn´t replace experienced players like Ballack, Joe Cole, Belleti and Deco and only bought Ramires who took his time to adjust to English football. Ancelotti should have been more vocal and demand a new winger, but then again our weaknesses were overshadowed by our great double-season.

From November 2010 on everyone could see that our 2010/11 campaign won´t end well, considering the lackluster performances of our players, Anelka and Malouda in particular. There were also injuries to Drogba and Lampard, which kept them sidelined for a long time and back then we couldn´t compensate those two players with our thin squad. As far as I can remember Ancelotti made many mistakes too, like leaking our starting XI in press conferences or insisting on Anelka and Malouda even tough they were absolutely rubbish from November until March. What I didn´t liked about him was his stubbornness to play the same players week after week. 

The boys rehabilitated themselves after the 2-1 against United, but ultimately it wasn´t enough for Ancelotti to stay. Back then I thought this was the correct decision, Ancelotti clearly didn´t reach the players anymore and we needed a new start. The manner in which he got fired was still a disgrace, especially when you consider how great our double season was. He was very much liked by the players though.

For me the most interesting part in all of that was he finally said 'the club signed Fernando Torres'. He has always maintained that he asked to sign him and that he took responsibility.

Everything else in there had always been rumored and whispered and I think we all knew that that was what happened (and still happens). Still, it's disheartening to actually read it from Carlo himself. 

Essien19 likes this

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Alas?

Yeah can't it be used to express concern too? (Atleast that's what I just read on Google :lol:). Just Showing concern for Antonio Conte because we all know things turn to shit at Chelsea very quickly with managers. 

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

If he does a shit job he will be sacked, if he does a good job he will stay, it's that simple. 

I'd rather that than stick with some shit manager just for the sake of time and stability, Arsene Wenger and Louis Van Gaal (if he somehow swindles a 3rd season at United) are walking reasons to fully embrace the sacking culture.

Im not caping for the stability mantra, or even saying Carlo should have stayed on. His perrenial bottlings in the league is enough of a deterrent. 

I'm simply just stating the obvious that our manager situations always tourn sour. And Roman doesn't make it any easier by the extreme pressure he adds that is already present at managing a top club. 

32 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yeah can't it be used to express concern too? (Atleast that's what I just read on Google :lol:). Just Showing concern for Antonio Conte because we all know things turn to shit at Chelsea very quickly with managers.

You made it sound like you were disappointed that a manager with a good reputation had joined the club.

6 hours ago, Beigl said:

I understand that he criticizes Roman for certain incidents, firing Ray Wilkins fo example, but his explanations are a bit one-sided. The beginning of the end for Ancelottis reign was actually our 2010 summer transfer window, when we didn´t replace experienced players like Ballack, Joe Cole, Belleti and Deco and only bought Ramires who took his time to adjust to English football. Ancelotti should have been more vocal and demand a new winger, but then again our weaknesses were overshadowed by our great double-season.

From November 2010 on everyone could see that our 2010/11 campaign won´t end well, considering the lackluster performances of our players, Anelka and Malouda in particular. There were also injuries to Drogba and Lampard, which kept them sidelined for a long time and back then we couldn´t compensate those two players with our thin squad. As far as I can remember Ancelotti made many mistakes too, like leaking our starting XI in press conferences or insisting on Anelka and Malouda even tough they were absolutely rubbish from November until March. What I didn´t liked about him was his stubbornness to play the same players week after week. 

The boys rehabilitated themselves after the 2-1 against United, but ultimately it wasn´t enough for Ancelotti to stay. Back then I thought this was the correct decision, Ancelotti clearly didn´t reach the players anymore and we needed a new start. The manner in which he got fired was still a disgrace, especially when you consider how great our double season was. He was very much liked by the players though.

November 2010? It was obvious from the get go in my opinion, despite winning both 6-0 i saw a lot of things I didn't like against both West Brom and Wigan.

The difference between that season and this was the ridiculous mentality of the players helped us get results we quite frankly didn't deserve, despite this season being complete shit we actually pulled off some convincing performances our 10/11 team would never have managed (Newcastle 5-1, Palace 3-0, Anfield for a lot of the game), I can't think of one convining display in 10/11, not one.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You made it sound like you were disappointed that a manager with a good reputation had joined the club.

Nah never that. I've actually been very very optimistic about his hire, and really think he'll turn this lot around next season. I really do. 

But we all know as Chelsea fans, that the good times never last for long. 

2011 was a shit season and I couldn't stand Carlo from day one, not as paerson jsut as trainer. I predicted what would happen back then and was labeled too pesimistic. And some of his defense is pretty lame. He favourised Anelka, Malouda the whole time and both were shit that season. He kept playing the same players over and over again... still remembering his raised eyebrow with his default anser : 'Ai ehm äppieh wisse skuade'....

May be Roman has a finger thats too fast at the trigger, bu tin Carlo's case he was right... hea had no clue

November 2010? It was obvious from the get go in my opinion, despite winning both 6-0 i saw a lot of things I didn't like against both West Brom and Wigan.

The difference between that season and this was the ridiculous mentality of the players helped us get results we quite frankly didn't deserve, despite this season being complete shit we actually pulled off some convincing performances our 10/11 team would never have managed (Newcastle 5-1, Palace 3-0, Anfield for a lot of the game), I can't think of one convining display in 10/11, not one.

In my opinion that team was overall better than this seasons. We started very well and iirc after ten games we had only one defeat, which in my opinion is convincing enough. As you said we had certain problems, but I thought we had a very good team from August to October.

Then in autumn/winter we conceded the problems of having an ageing squad. At some point our starting XI had only one player who was under 27 years old in Mikel. Results have gone downwards, but we still got 75 points I think, which is about Arsenals average league results.

May I ask what you didn't like about our two 6-0 wins? I think they were quite convincing, especially the second one against Burnley. Maybe the scores were flattering though, I can't remember them that much, other than Drogba, Kalou, Anelka and Malouda scoring.

4 minutes ago, Beigl said:

In my opinion that team was overall better than this seasons. We started very well and iirc after ten games we had only one defeat, which in my opinion is convincing enough. As you said we had certain problems, but I thought we had a very good team from August to October.

Then in autumn/winter we conceded the problems of having an ageing squad. At some point our starting XI had only one player who was under 27 years old in Mikel. Results have gone downwards, but we still got 75 points I think, which is about Arsenals average league results.

May I ask what you didn't like about our two 6-0 wins? I think they were quite convincing, especially the second one against Burnley. Maybe the scores were flattering though, I can't remember them that much, other than Drogba, Kalou, Anelka and Malouda scoring.

West Brom played us off the park for the first half, we got the second  just before half time then their heads dropped but until then it looked like we were dropping point's. Wigan was actually a worrying sign of what was to come, we could barely create anything just on that occasion we happened to score from every chance we created, and that wasn't sustainable all through the season as was proved.

Being on plus 20 goal difference was very flattering after 5 games, but as soon as things started unravelling we were found out, the Sunderland game wasn't a shocker that came by out of the blue, if it weren't for Cech Arsenal and Wolves would have both comfortably won by a similar scoreline at The Bridge close to that match, which is why i don't buy the myth that Wilkins getting sacked derailed us, we were nosediving that year whoever the assistant was.

It was very lucky we managed to pull the 15 points and plus 20 goal difference off the first five games because that was holding us up like a bra for the rest of the season  (a bit like how Citys first five games has for them this time round) and helped us get 2nd, if their was ever a misleading position in the table that was it.

10/11 was a better season than this purely because of the fact we made CL football, but looking at the impact it has had on the club in the long run, this summer with a good window we can repair a fair chunk of the damage done this year whereas that season set us back years in fact we are still feeling the affect of that season to this day.

5 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

His performance will depend on the support he will get from the board though. We can't isolate and blame only the managers for every bad season.

The board can only be used as an excuse to a point, if managers are making constant bluders with selections and tactics, then that's on him and only him.

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

West Brom played us off the park for the first half, we got the second  just before half time then their heads dropped but until then it looked like we were dropping point's. Wigan was actually a worrying sign of what was to come, we could barely create anything just on that occasion we happened to score from every chance we created, and that wasn't sustainable all through the season as was proved.

Being on plus 20 goal difference was very flattering after 5 games, but as soon as things started unravelling we were found out, the Sunderland game wasn't a shocker that came by out of the blue, if it weren't for Cech Arsenal and Wolves would have both comfortably won by a similar scoreline at The Bridge close to that match, which is why i don't buy the myth that Wilkins getting sacked derailed us, we were nosediving that year whoever the assistant was.

It was very lucky we managed to pull the 15 points and plus 20 goal difference off the first five games because that was holding us up like a bra for the rest of the season  (a bit like how Citys first five games has for them this time round) and helped us get 2nd, if their was ever a misleading position in the table that was it.

10/11 was a better season than this purely because of the fact we made CL football, but looking at the impact it has had on the club in the long run, this summer with a good window we can repair a fair chunk of the damage done this year whereas that season set us back years in fact we are still feeling the affect of that season to this day.

I felt the same back in 2011 but now I don't know. Man United team was poor back then, they were the worst champion ever as far as I can remember. Chelsea were poor also but they still held them to deciding match, right ? If not David Luiz blinder at this match, who knows ?

And seriously how much you can expect from a team of Anelka, Malouda, Kalou as your go to attacking trio ? I feel we're too harsh here. Outside it looks everything disaster and the manager makes so much wrong but now after I'm older and follow football closely and think about it, every manager makes mistakes, a lot of them actually when you look from distance.

Look, I felt back then that Chelsea team were uninspired and Carlo just stood there raising his eyebrow and looking everything like "I don't have a clue", his most inspiring and fresh decision was to put Anelka at the diamond against Sunderland away, which coincidentally was the best game from Chelsea in that season. But looking at this now, the squad was old, Chelsea board for their stupid 1 year policy let Ballack go because they couldn't offer him 2 years, transfers were poor and Carlo had to introduce a few youngsters, which were far worse than our current crop. And still we held United to deciding match, were knocked out by Everton in the shoot-out after conceding very late equaliser and finally the Champions League. So we are at that Man Utd game. You remember that was very close game and we should have a penalty in the first leg. Then in the second Torres had a great chance and we were one goal away from semi-final. Very fine line between getting through and being knocked-out. Jose Mourinho and his season with Inter, THAT TREBLE SEASON, was about fine margins too. They actually should have lost the title to Roma and should have been knocked-out by Barca. But they were lucky. We were not.

So at the end we had 2nd place, were unlucky in the FA Cup and the Champions League. With the squad of Malouda, Kalou, Zhirkov, Anelka, the biggest flop in transfer history, Drogba with malaria as your attacking force plus early Essien ACL, direction from above to introduce 5 youngsters, letting Ballack go. Getting comfortable CL place looks like achievement when you look at this.

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

The board can only be used as an excuse to a point, if managers are making constant bluders with selections and tactics, then that's on him and only him.

The constant pressure on the manager to succeed is never a good thing. I am not saying long-term stability or anything but the manager, whoever it may be, needs to have space to work, 

Carlo Ancelotti: What Antonio Conte told me last month after he signed for Chelsea

New Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is excited and already looking forward to doing well at Stamford Bridge, Carlo Ancelotti said.The 46-year-old will take over from interim manager Guus Hiddink at the end of the Italy's campaign at the Euro 2016 Championship and will have the tough job to win the Premier League.But Ancelotti believes the Italian is the right person to lead the Blues to glory.

"I'm sure they [Conte and Abramovich] will work well together," Ancelotti told talkSPORT."I know Conte very well and he is a fantastic manager. He is really, really tough in his job and really, really focused."I spoke with him a month ago and he is very excited to come here [Chelsea]. Abramovich, of course, chose this man and I think it is a good choice."

fastonetwo.com

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Probably exaggerated to sell books. Probably not written by Carlo himself either, at least not in the way it appeared in the book.

Remember when Maka's autobiography included something like it was JT who got Jose fired the first time? 

kiwi1691 likes this