test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC_4EVER

The Ancelotti Thread

Started by CFC_4EVER,

482 posts in this topic

I guess that settles the argument about whether the owner prefers a style of football or whether he prefers results.

Seem's like he's hell-bent on both, although I think he's eased up a bit regarding the latter in recent times.

This season has been an eye-opener to say the least.

Carletto :) Love and respect the man, he is a very, very good manager, especially in cup games, albeit not great. The mistake here from Chelsea was not sacking him, gesture, anyway done in the most embarrassing and disrespectful of ways, but to hire him in the first place.
His calmness as he defines it, is indeed a double edged sword; a great motivator, at least to my very limited experience, knows when to shout, insult and spur his players and when being, just as he is, calm and relaxed.
I particularly remember that when the news of him being appointed as Chelsea's manager spread, my mate, a Milan's fan, sad and I quote "Chelsea is screwed." It was a bit of a surprise for him when we won the double in his first year, but, eventually he was proven right; even though that was not entirely to blame on Carlo, as exposed above.
Very revealing piece of read, my dislike towards Mr Abramovich grows ever so large. Yes, yes he has brought money, but to be his personal luxurious toy is not so alluring; there is a fine line between wanting your (and in this case, his, literally) team to win and just outright meddling in circumstances, I assume, he has not the slightest ideas how to handle properly, from a strictly footballing point of view. 

That was hard to read. Roman is a mad man, but he's our Billion Dollar mad man.  It amazes me that managers still want to manage this club, it really does.

I was certain that Roman and Co. had run out of his luck after we sacked Jose Mourinho this past season and we would have to hire some no-name manager, but alas, Antonio Conte has stepped up to the plate. Only to be fired 2 years from now. 

Fulham Broadway and Beigl like this

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

That was hard to read. Roman is a mad man, but he's our Billion Dollar mad man.  It amazes me that managers still want to manage this club, it really does.

I was certain that Roman and Co. had run out of his luck after we sacked Jose Mourinho this past season and we would have to hire some no-name manager, but alas, Antonio Conte has stepped up to the plate. Only to be fired 2 years from now. 

Alas?

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

If he does a shit job he will be sacked, if he does a good job he will stay, it's that simple. 

I'd rather that than stick with some shit manager just for the sake of time and stability, Arsene Wenger and Louis Van Gaal (if he somehow swindles a 3rd season at United) are walking reasons to fully embrace the sacking culture.

AWorriedChelseaFan likes this

We won the first game of the new season 6–0, but I was still summoned to Abramovich’s house that night to receive a “dressing down”, as they say in England, for the performance. Another red flag — and only one game into the season.

How strange....I still say that RA needs a lot more better football people around him.