test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC_4EVER

The Ancelotti Thread

Started by CFC_4EVER,

482 posts in this topic

Whatever you think of Avram grant, his performance definitely didn't warrant a dismissal. He reached the UCL final, which we were unlucky not to win and pushed united right down the wire for the title. His contract wasn't renewed because he lacked the personality, aura and appeal of a top manager more than anything imo. But from a purely objective standpoint, he should have been kept on as manager.

Your right in terms of the results but maybe Roman felt that he had a lot of help with our squad being full off experienced serial winners at a good age and he saw that Avram might struggle when he has to build his own team, like we saw at WHU.

Sometimes manager's don't get sacked because they are doing bad, they get sacked because they don't believe he can evolve the team or there's a better option avaliable, both were the case when Saints replaced Adkins with Poch for example.

lionsden likes this

TIME FOR HIM TO RETURN.

Then after 2 years or so, the "Bad Moment" will return as well. And we'll be repeating this same vicious cycle.

Then after 2 years or so, the "Bad Moment" will return as well. And we'll be repeating this same vicious cycle.

It is not a cycle it is the norm, no top level manager lasts more than 3 years at a top a club anymore, Wenger is the last man standing and once he retires/leaves it will be over forever.

TIME FOR HIM TO RETURN.

He's also a short term manager. He'll do good the first two season after that he'll leave.

He's also a short term manager. He'll do good the first two season after that he'll leave.

2 seasons is more than good enough in modern football.

Remember Carlo kept playing Malouda and co despite rubbish performances.

If you want the likes of Ivanovic and Cesc replaced, then Carlo isn't the man, if you think there untouchable now, they will have their place under lock and key with Ancelotti here.

Azul, Essien19 and Eidur the Spider like this

If you want the likes of Ivanovic and Cesc replaced, then Carlo isn't the man, if you think there untouchable now, they will have their place under lock and key with Ancelotti here.

This!!!!

I was just talking to my dad about Carlo and his second season frustrated the lives out of us and we couldn't remember why, now you reminded me. Cheers dude!

Tomo likes this

Don't really care who he plays but one thing he has proven in his career is that at his very worst he still manages to keep his team from being 'nearly there' in the end so if that is the worst seasons we get from him I am more than happy with it. Remember we were one win at Old Trafford away from winning the league despite going on a run almost as bad as this during that season.

Jose still is the manager. Not sure if Carlo is the answear IF Mourinho loses his job. At the moment I would say NO.

Don't really care who he plays but one thing he has proven in his career is that at his very worst he still manages to keep his team from being 'nearly there' in the end so if that is the worst seasons we get from him I am more than happy with it. Remember we were one win at Old Trafford away from winning the league despite going on a run almost as bad as this during that season.

That was because the league was shit, 71 points won't get top 4 most season's and even then, when we got to Old Trafford we handed them the most one sided title decider in history, the only reason we didn't get thrashed to a similar extent Arsenal did at that ground a few months later is Alex having the game of his life.

Carlos teams are great on song, but his weaknesses are so off putting, with the situation were in now I'd rather take some wild gamble than bring Carlo back.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

What football did he played. I didnt watched chelsea back in the years

It changed. Sometimes a 4-4-2 diamond, sometimes a 4-3-3.

Drogba - Anelka

Lampard

Malouda - J.Cole

Ballack

Cole - Terry - Alex - Ivan

Cech

Malouda - Drogba - Kalou

Ballack - Lampard - Essien

Cech

If I may be so bold, it wasn't a really good team. Drogba, Malouda, Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Anelka and Ivan had ridiculously good seasons. To the point of over-performing. Carlo Ancelletti relied on individual brilliance from the players so much. He is a man motivator, when the players are playing well, he will get 200% out of them but when things go bad don't expect tactical masterclass.

Essien19 and Tomo like this

It changed. Sometimes a 4-4-2 diamond, sometimes a 4-3-3.

Drogba - Anelka

Lampard

Malouda - J.Cole

Ballack

Cech

Malouda - Drogba - Kalou

Ballack - Lampard - Essien

Cech

If I may be so bold, it wasn't a really good team. Drogba, Malouda, Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Anelka and Ivan had ridiculously good seasons. To the point of over-performing. Carlo Ancelletti relied on individual brilliance from the players so much. He is a man motivator, when the players are playing well, he will get 200% out of them but when things go bad don't expect tactical masterclass.

The last line pretty much sums up his time here and in Madrid.

When things are good they are very good, that 7-0 vs Stoke is the best we have ever played but he his weaknesses are so off putting, everything that worried me about him getting the job in the first place was laid bare in the second season.

bang average manager! This guy has managed Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid and won 3 League Titles!!! :lol: and that is if you generously count the League title he won at PSG where its harder not to win the league with them. I dont care about his 3 CL titles, they were not won because of him, his League form shows his true colors!

Essien19 likes this

bang average manager! This guy has managed Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid and won 3 League Titles!!! :lol: and that is if you generously count the League title he won at PSG where its harder not to win the league with them. I dont care about his 3 CL titles, they were not won because of him, his League form shows his true colors!

He won the REAL English Double ,, check the managers who have done that

He won the REAL English Double ,, check the managers who have done that

that doesn't impress me, Man United had just won 3 PL titles in a row then lost Ronaldo, it would have been embarrassing not to win it that year with the players we had, and there is no denying we got such an easy draw that season in the FA Cup, i hope we can get a similar draw this season to at least give us half a chance of winning something!