Doctor Who Thread

robdog

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been a fan of Doctor Who having watched the 3D 50th Anniversary episode I have to say it was a big letdown. It was fine but I expected so much more, more doctors, more companions, god even more of the new doctor. It was fine but really deserved more for the 50th :/

I have always been a fan of Doctor Who having watched the 3D 50th Anniversary episode I have to say it was a big letdown. It was fine but I expected so much more, more doctors, more companions, god even more of the new doctor. It was fine but really deserved more for the 50th :/

Yeah there is a marathon of a new Dr. Who right now on BBC America. Too much for me, so I am watching the MLS Playoff match between Sporting KC & Houston. Pretty good match.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

as a german, it isn't easy to see doctor who (legally). so i'm relatively new to doctor who, i've started with eccleston. i try to "rewatch" the old doctors, but because of my money-problem (i have none xD) its a slow process ^^

i loved matt smith and its a shame that he's gone :(

man, i can't wait for season 8 to start. capaldi looks very interesting.

btw: whats your oppinion about the rumors that capaldi is the master not the doctor?

I think it's a real shame about Matt Smith he was a brilliant doctor who.

That would be an interesting twist I haven't heard that. But I doubt it's true don't think they are smart enough for such a cool twist.

Who would you have chosen to be the new doctor who?

as a german, it isn't easy to see doctor who (legally). so i'm relatively new to doctor who, i've started with eccleston. i try to "rewatch" the old doctors, but because of my money-problem (i have none xD) its a slow process ^^

Have you tried any torrents? You live in Germany....Support your local Pirate Party ;)

Who would you have chosen to be the new doctor who?

well, i asked that question to myself, when i heard that smith is "leaving". but i had and have no idea. i like it when they cast guys i don't know.

after watching some of the old doctors, the characteristicts of the 11th was a step into the right direction. i think capaldi is a good choice. and away from the, "chick magnet", overacting, screwdriver waving, 10th doctor.

don't get me wrong, in some ways i liked tennant too. but compared to the others i've seen, it was, sometimes, too much.

Have you tried any torrents? You live in Germany....Support your local Pirate Party ;)

hehe, well yes i did that. ;)

but i have this romantic thinking about buying stuff to support things/companies i like ^^

• 1 month later...

When the next regeneration comes around which im in no rush to see as I can't wait to see what Capaldi brings to the table but when it does happen it would be cool if it wasn't a white male for a change.

• 3 weeks later...

in the last months i have watched the old Doctors except Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker.

Troughton and Tom Baker were great, just wow.

i liked all teaser and trailer with Capaldi, i'm very excited and can't wait until next week.

• 2 weeks later...

What did everyone think of the first episode of this new series then? I thought it was pretty good, and Capaldi was pretty awesome as the doctor I think. I was against the casting at first but he's changed my mind.

i love capaldi as the doctor.

deep breath:

it was a good itroduction/regeneration episode for Capaldi. had fun and wasn't bored.

into the dalek:

boring story, but great character details and more backstory for clara and/or Mr. Pink.

and yet, i don't know if i like or hate the whole "Missy"/Heaven thing. lets see what happens.

• 7 months later...