Problems. Problems. Problems.

NishC300

Get by till January then go all out for Witsel. I don't want us to try square pegs in round holes before then either (ie, putting Oscar or Luiz in the pivot).

I think its underestimated the job Jose has got on, he has basically inherited a cup team who have been getting by on moments off individual brilliance since 2010, he has inherited a group of talented individuals and has to mould a formidable team, i think we can win the league this season purely because the competition aren't all that (City are on paper, but they don't seem motivated enough) and Jose's tactics will win us more points than Moyes, Wenger's and Pellegrini's will at our rivals but we won't be getting 95 points with only 15 goals allowed for the foreseeable future.

It was clear from the interview after Fulham that Jose eventually wants a high pressing game (which is why Oscar is going preferred to Mata, Mata is a great player but if our aim is to have a high pressing game then Oscar is the superior option, sorry but it's true) and you can quite clearly see to see now there is a long term plan going forward now.

It's easy to say we have benefited from mistakes from the opposition (which yes it's true) but if you don't buy the ticket you don't win the raffle, would Hildebrand or Ridgewell have made the error's they did if Eto'o didn't press them? (yes basically doing what Jose WANTS from us pressing high up the pitch) no they would have cleared quite comfortably, so in a way, the high pressing tactic is already working to an extent.

Basically to summarize, we do have the issue with the pivot that needs sorting and hopefully that will be sorted in January, but Jose has a clear plan and will stop at nothing to make it work, he is the best manager in the world, loves us and want to stay for the long haul, we are in safe hands, reckon Pompey would say no to our 'crisis'?

I haven't read it yet. But i saw the thing on Ivans crosses which have been pretty bad all season. Which is something changed greatly from last season when we had Azpi playing at rb the majority of the time, who imo had better delivery and link up play with our AM's.

I also think Ivan consistently has the most attempted crosses of pretty much everyone. Well it seems like it.

Couldn't comprehend the fact that De Bruyne's role so far this season has been on the reserve bench when he clearly is the superior option than Lamps to play in the pivot. He had been playing that role at Werder and is not alien to such a role.

If Mour can make Hazard and Mata to improve their defensive game, it's just a matter of game time for Kevin to improve his defensive game and fostering a good partnership with Rami.

Gundogan in the making, that lad.

So now we’re going to talk about the former in the title since this is one that has annoyed Chelsea fans a lot. It is no secret that the Blues’ lack any genuine wingers due to which they are unable to stretch defences. Arsenal suffer from a similar problem, Arsenal’s solution was to encourage their wingers to get forward, due to which Sagna bombing down the right is a common sight, that was of course the source of Arsenal’s goal at home to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League.

Despite that, Sagna and Ivanovic both seem to average 0.7 accurate crosses per game despite Sagna probably having a better target man to hit.

Apart from the double pivot we lacked penetration up front. We played the game ahead of the West Brom defense, didnt made an effort to penetrate inside the defense, drop in the ball in between the goalie and the defender .. make a run! Too much possession without much outcome.

I guess our attackers have to be direct at times and start exploiting gaps ... I like what Jose is trying to do but we need that penetration inside the box to gain advantage of the system we are playing.

is all happen by mourinho decision,

and he just said this

'I can make mistakes, I can be unfair, for sure I am and for sure I do that, but I always give a lot of thought to my decisions,' - Mourinho

yes, i know you have become very reputable manager in europe, high experience, understand a lot of thing,

but please change mourinho, change how you set up the team, it isnt working well

which many of his decison should be change to improve the team

mourinho team selection and how the team approached the game, i didnt like

lamps playing regular

fullback doesnt bombing forward anymore and didnt provide proper width when we attacking

the slow build up, no penetration, slow passing from central midfield

im actually afraid if he still continue what he currently do

how he can be happy just because we have some clear cut chance but actually the team show piss poor performance

A few points

1- Mikel/Ramires doesn't work as a partnership because neither can distribute.

2) You can't compare Mikel's defensive stats to Lampard's because they play different positions. Mikel is a defensive midfielder and Lampard is supposed to be a deep-lying midfielder. They are supposed to have different roles. Lampard has 14 key passes and 2 assists and Mikel has 2 key passes and 0 assists. We all know Mikel is much better defensively than Lampard

3) BTW, using Sqwaka stats, you'll probably notice that Lampard has our third highest overall score. I'm not saying that is accurate, just that the level of blame assigned to him is crazy. He's had a few excellent games (passing 90%, making key tackles, setting up chances, everything you could hope from your central midfielder) this season but I come on here and I'll see "Lampard let the game pass him by" or "Lampard was awful" It's almost pointless discussing it because people have gone blind to when he actually does good things which is fairly frequently. .

4) Azpilicueta didn't go forward also because he is right footed playing as a left back. It's very difficult to attack like that because you can't cut in like wingers are allowed to do so you have to cross while running on your wrong foot.

5) Look at the area of Ivanovic's unsuccessful passes. 5 of them were right in the middle of the box. He is not a great crosser but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be either.

6) You can also see by that chart how much better Ivanovic was sticking to his lanes than Azpilicueta was to his. He drifted in to the middle a fair bit and it almost cost us a few times when WBA got players by him on the left. Not his fault, it's a new position for him and being on his wrong foot, he has to cut inside, but I don't really like him on the left for those reasons..

A few points

1- Mikel/Ramires doesn't work as a partnership because neither can distribute.

2) You can't compare Mikel's defensive stats to Lampard's because they play different positions. Mikel is a defensive midfielder and Lampard is supposed to be a deep-lying midfielder. They are supposed to have different roles. Lampard has 14 key passes and 2 assists and Mikel has 2 key passes and 0 assists. We all know Mikel is much better defensively than Lampard

3) BTW, using Sqwaka stats, you'll probably notice that Lampard has our third highest overall score. I'm not saying that is accurate, just that the level of blame assigned to him is crazy. He's had a few excellent games (passing 90%, making key tackles, setting up chances, everything you could hope from your central midfielder) this season but I come on here and I'll see "Lampard let the game pass him by" or "Lampard was awful" It's almost pointless discussing it because people have gone blind to when he actually does good things which is fairly frequently. .

4) Azpilicueta didn't go forward also because he is right footed playing as a left back. It's very difficult to attack like that because you can't cut in like wingers are allowed to do so you have to cross while running on your wrong foot.

5) Look at the area of Ivanovic's unsuccessful passes. 5 of them were right in the middle of the box. He is not a great crosser but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be either.

6) You can also see by that chart how much better Ivanovic was sticking to his lanes than Azpilicueta was to his. He drifted in to the middle a fair bit and it almost cost us a few times when WBA got players by him on the left. Not his fault, it's a new position for him and being on his wrong foot, he has to cut inside, but I don't really like him on the left for those reasons..

So we should play Iva at LB and Azpi at RB?

• 3 weeks later...