Playing for another Country...

Jcar92

What do you guys think of the Diego Costa situation? Of one player playing for another Contry, what are your thoughs? Is it fair that friendlys that make the Ranking of Fifa and says about the positions of the groups in the WC don't count as a "official game"?

In indoor football, there are teams that are full of brazilians, in football we lost Deco, Eduardo, Pepe, Motta, Rodrigo, Tanaka, Alex, Cacau, Senna, Bruno Alves and many others... And we never ever considered anyone from outside. Is it okay for Countrys looking for players in other nations like Clubs in the market? Just to be stronger and competitive?

Yeah, I'm angry with the Diego situation, he didn't even lived there for that long... And he doesn't have any parentage with any spanish.

Anyway, there are People like Ferguson and Arsene Wenguer that says that England has to be managed by english coaches and others like the one from Portugal that asked Rafael and Fabio Silva even before they even played their first match by Manure...

I can't imagine me, in the country that i was born, from the People that i know, in the place that i grown up... Playing and making a goal for other Country! I would be and fell like a total traitor!

LoL there are players like Januzaj that can play for 6 countrys...

Well, what are your thoughs?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the reports are true and that Scolari really isn't keen on him, I stand by his decision to play for Spain.

Can't stand the fact that because he was there since he was 18, it automatically grants him citizenship and the right to play for the national team, then again, if your own manager for your country doesn't want you and you want to expand your footballing abilities, I find it understandable I suppose.

Spain will have one terrific team if him and Torres continue the form all the way until June

If the reports are true and that Scolari really isn't keen on him, I stand by his decision to play for Spain.

Can't stand the fact that because he was there since he was 18, it automatically grants him citizenship and the right to play for the national team, then again, if your own manager for your country doesn't want you and you want to expand your footballing abilities, I find it understandable I suppose.

Spain will have one terrific team if him and Torres continue the form all the way until June

But would you do it? I think that i would only accept it as normal if the person had good links with the Country. Thiago(Bayern) was born in italy, but i would be okay with him playing for Spain, he was there Since his childhood(from what i know), he has a brazilian father and also lived in Brazil for a while with his parents, brother, cousins, friends and family, etc. So i think that if he wanted to play for Brazil, would also be okay, althought him being italian.

But i still think that it would be weird for him to play against Italy, i don't know... I don't think i could, it would be like i were turning my back on my Country. Its weird...

Guys, i'm having some doubts about what i writing... My english is still pretty bad in some points, please say to me if i write something wrong, só i can learn with it.

Don't lie, please.

14 players and 2 were brazilians, Paulo Roberto(spanish grandfather) and Daniel.

That is now smartass! They won the tournament when all 5 starters were Brazilians...

Dont call others a liar without proof, you idiot!!!

Blame Scolari for what has happened with Diego Costa. He wasn't interested in the player.

Blame Scolari? Not even Atletico were interested in the player before (4 consecuive loans), why would Brazil?

Del Bosque also didnt call Diego Costa before, so why is it Felipão's fault?

Blame Scolari for what has happened with Diego Costa. He wasn't interested in the player.

Lol, yeah right, the one who didn't go for Brazil is Diego himself, it doesn't matter if Felipao was trying to take you away from spain! If you are a true, patriotic Brazilian, you will want the chance to play for Brazil no matter what! Its a WC in Brazil, he was born there! If you can leave your own nation that easy, for another, I'm Sorry, but i think you are not that Patriotic. In my opinion he just doesn't care.

Felipao has little time to make a good NT, less time that any other coach. He had to call a lot of players and Jô was in a good period, making goals and playing really well. He had just 23 places, there is no way that he could take everyone! He even let Alexandre Pato out, and he weren't in a slump at the time! If he weren't interested in Diego, I'm sure that he wouldn't throw away 2 big chances to test a player in a position that we are still searching until now.

I think you can't understand the feeling as you are not Brazilian, but what Felipao is doing is not pull everyone against Costa, but show what a lot of people here is feeling! That's why the moment in which the national theme is played is so different with us! We are proud of being Brazilian and we're a nation that is really united. If you disagree, it's your call.

Not saying that we are more or less patriotic, just different in the form that we deal with it.

That is now smartass! They won the tournament when all 5 starters were Brazilians...

Dont call others a liar without proof, you idiot!!!

Now? lol, you don't even know the two players I named. Paulo Roberto is 47 now. :D

You said that Spain won a world cup with 5 brazilian starters. Not true.

The spanish national futsal team have won two World Futsal Championships (2000 and 2004).

2004: There were only one brazilian in the spanish NT. Marcelo.

2000, 14 players: Jesus(GK), Ricardo(GK), Luis Amado(GK), Adeva, Joan, Orol, Santi, Julio, Kike, Javi Sanchez, Riquer, Guillermo. 100%: spanish players, born and raised in Spain.

Paulo Roberto and Daniel, the brazilian ones.

So, shut up and don't lie.

Brazil lost such a good player... Their strikers are mediocore, and Costa would be exactly what they need. Shame they didn't show interest in him.

What interest? Interest when he was sold to Valladolid and then bought back? Interest when he was loaned to Rayo Valecano?

It is fucking stupid this talk of 'not showing interest'. Brazil is not Slovenia (not a dig), we have way too many players to fit in. We dont show interest and call players before tey show their value, it is the other way around!

Diego Costa has shown he can be a viable option for when Fred is hurt, so Scolari called him....

Spain and Del Bosque also didnt care about him before, why arent them wrong as well?

Isn't brazil like USA?

All immigrants from all around the world??

Yeah and i can guarantee to you that we can be just as patriotic as any other country. Not saying that we are more or less, just different.