Ronaldo wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Sidzeret

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I wouldn't put him in the top 3 this year! Messi, Zlatan and Ribery for me.

Are you joking?

Cristiano won it for sure. Messi will be second and Ribery third. I don't think it's fair for Ribery, but it wasn't fair to Sneijder in 2010 and in that moment no one said it was unfair.

Anyone who saw the Spanish competitions knows that Ronaldo was better than Messi in 2013. Cristiano is right now the best player in the world without any doubt

I still dont really get it - is the award for the best player in terms of individualism, like the player with the most skill\vision\athleticism\speed\passes and whatever?

Or is it for the player who has won trophies this year and was a success ?

Just seen this - do you still think this is the case?

No I think he deserves to be in the top 3 with his recent performances especially in the qulaifiers, but I still think he's miles off Messi, as is any other footballer on the planet.

No I think he deserves to be in the top 3 with his recent performances especially in the qulaifiers, but I still think he's miles off Messi, as is any other footballer on the planet.

Miles off Messi? c'mon.. These 2 are on the same outside planet IMO.

Miles off Messi? c'mon.. These 2 are on the same outside planet IMO.

Well I disagree. Granted that Ronaldo is a better Athlete, I think no one is even close to Messi as a footballer. His dribbling skills, his technique, his finishing with his left foot..etc

Well I disagree. Granted that Ronaldo is a better Athlete, I think no one is even close to Messi as a footballer. His dribbling skills, his technique, his finishing with his left foot..etc

And it is exactly Ronaldo's athleticism that bridges the gap.

No one is saying that when it comes to pure footballing ability Ronaldo is better; but to say that Messi is on a different planet from even Ronaldo is just wrong IMO.

And it is exactly Ronaldo's athleticism that bridges the gap.

No one is saying that when it comes to pure footballing ability Ronaldo is better; but to say that Mesdi is on a different planet from even Ronaldo is just wrong IMO.

I didn't say he was on a different plant, I just think that Messi still well ahead of everyone else. I get it that people want variety and excitement in the award, but to my eyes, Messi is the best footballer of his generation. It is as simple as that.

I didn't say he was on a different plant, I just think that Messi still well ahead of everyone else. I get it that people want variety and excitement in the award, but to my eyes, Messi is the best footballer of his generation. It is as simple as that.

I agree that Messi is the best footballer of his generation, but Ronaldo is a very close second and because Messi's been out for quite a bit in 2013 and Ronaldo has still been producing - naturally the award should go to him.

Ronaldo's had a fantastic end to 2013.

I agree that Messi is the best footballer of his generation, but Ronaldo is a very close second and because Messi's been out for quite a bit in 2013 and Ronaldo has still been producing - naturally the award should go to him.

Ronaldo's had a fantastic end to 2013.

Frank Ribery disagrees.

Both are better footballers and better athletes than Ribery but he had a more successful year.

Eventhough is an individual award, players' participation in winning their team trophies should also be taken into consideration.

Ribery deserves it this year IMO

Frank Ribery disagrees.

Both are better footballers and better athletes than Ribery but he had a more successful year.

Eventhough is an individual award, players' participation in winning their team trophies should also be taken into consideration.

which is never the case if this was true messi would not have won 4 in a row

Frank Ribery disagrees.

Sneijder must be happy with his 2010 Ballon d'Or

Frank Ribery disagrees.

Ribery had a very successful year, but why would he win the Ballon d'Or? Neuer, Alaba, Lahm, Schweinsteiger or Mandzukic was just as successful as Ribery.

Bayern München was obviously the best team in 2013, but Ballon d'OR is an individual award and I think we just can't say that Ribery was better than CR or Messi.

Ribery had a very successful year, but why would he win the Ballon d'Or? Neuer, Alaba, Lahm, Schweinsteiger or Mandzukic was just as successful as Ribery.

Bayern München was obviously the best team in 2013, but Ballon d'OR is an individual award and I think we just can't say that Ribery was better than CR or Messi.

You got me wrong, here.

I reckon CR, Messi and Ribery all had a phenomenal year and is hard to sort out s clear winner. So Ribery with the most contribution to winning titles should beat the other two to get the honour.

Tough call, though.

You got me wrong, here.

I reckon CR, Messi and Ribery all had a phenomenal year and is hard to sort out s clear winner. So Ribery with the most contribution to winning titles should beat the other two to get the honour.

Tough call, though.

Then really in that case Iniesta or Xavi should have won it in 2011 because they won almost every major trophy(including the World Cup.)

I understand what you are trying to say but if anyone has to win it this year,it just has to be Ronaldo.There is nothing more he could have done to win the trophies he participated in.

Yes, because let's be honest... Sneijder in 2010 played MUCH better than Ribery did in 2013. It's not even comparable. The thing is Bayern as a team is much better than Inter was. I don't even think Ribery was still that amazing... he was very good in a team that outstanding. Wesley was outstanding in a team that was very good. Huge difference imo.

This award was much more creditable when it was done by FF Magazine. When FIFA proposed to unify both awards it automatically lost credibility because all the fucking politics that comes with FIFA started influencing.

But ignoring this, this award has always been about individual talent and individual results in a calendar year. I read somewhere (although I didn't check the date) that Ronaldo has 31 goals scored this year, so let's update it. He has 28 goals only this season in official matches (38 if you add friendlies). Sum 32 goals from January to May and he's score 60 goals in this calendar year and people are still considering Ribery part of the equation...

This isn't about anything else but individual accomplishments and talent and based on that Cristiano is miles ahead of anyone else. When Messi is on form, I think they're very close - but they have completely different styles - and as such it's up to each person to decide who they consider the best player. There are some things Messi is way better than Ronaldo, but Cris has a lot of aspects to his game that midget Messi doesn't, Cris is a much better athlete imo and my personal choice will always be Cris... I used to like Cris more even when he was a ManUtd player, but when he became a Blanco it was a non-brainer.

So let's state it in one single line again. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 60 goals in official matches in 2013 (9 months).

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/22774/cristiano-ronaldo?cc=3888

and nitpicking the poll. The guy's name is Schweinsteiger ;)

In terms of footballing talent, Messi is far better than Cristiano...

However, the fact that Cristiano has a rocket launcher of a leg and basketball player like vertical, really helps him in his goal count.....

On a side note, one big difference to me is....

Messi dribbles at players.. Cristiano dribbles around them...Their a reason why neutral footballers all thing Messi is better.