test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jcar92

Brazilian NT

Started by Jcar92,

764 posts in this topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25127897

Two people have died in an accident at Sao Paulo's stadium that is due to host the opening ceremony of the 2014 Football World Cup, police say.

A senior local fire official said crews were called to the Arena Corinthians after reports of a collapsed crane.

It fell on top of a metal structure, destroying parts of a stand.

The arena was due to be completed at the end of December to meet a Fifa deadline. Brazil has admitted it is struggling to have all 12 venues ready.

Seems like a pretty farcical situation. Wonder what the back-up plan is because you'd imagine there would need to be a full inspection on that site now. There are plenty of countries in Europe that could host a tournament with none of these problems.

It´s a sad situation, I feel.

However, a monumental task as the World cup is, should not have been awarded to a country that´s not capable to even finance it.

Seems like a pretty farcical situation. Wonder what the back-up plan is because you'd imagine there would need to be a full inspection on that site now. There are plenty of countries in Europe that could host a tournament with none of these problems.

If people had not died, I would be rather happy with the situation. However, I am sad to see a foolish mistake such as miscalculating the weight the crane could hold resulting in two deaths. Corinthians is a pathetic club!

Now, the event will not be slightly affected by it. The accident hasnt compromised the structure so the construction can already be resumed, and the investigation has nothing to do with the World Cup so the inspectors can take their time to decide who is to blame. The stadium will miss the deadline by 1-2 months, but it will still be finished by Feb/March. FIFA puts this December deadline, but nobody ever meets it; the important thing is to be ready by April/June and all stadiums are scheduled to be finished way before that!

There is no back-up plans because there is absolutely no problem going on that can cancel a World Cup. South African World Cup happened and nobody said shit, so why cant Brazil host it as well? Our infrastructure is miles ahead of South Africa, our stadiums are more advanced than theirs by this time of the year, we attract more tourists and we were actually able to sell all tickets for every match. And even if it something extraordinary happens and one of the stadiums explode or whatever, there are two ultra-modern arenas (Gremio and Palmeiras) that arent being used for the World Cup at the moment.

No country hosts a perfect event. In every World Cup there is something that happens. For instance, the roof of Shalke 04 Stadium felldue to a big rain in the Confederations Cup Semi-final and no one made a big deal out of it. Why does an accident in a construction (that happens everywhere around the world) is reason for some stupid insinuations that Brazil cant host it?

I will repeat what I have always said here. Brazil has many problems and things wont be perfect, but we are perfectly capable of hosting a good World Cup!!!

Also, I know people who have gone to many World Cups and most of them loved the South African event. Despite all the problems, they said the amazing atmosphere made up for it. They all said it was a worse planed World Cup than that of Germany and France, but much cooler...

EDIT 1: Besides, we all know there are some (not plenty) of countries in Europe that can host a better prepared WC. But you have to be really dumb to not realized that this is the exact reason why FIFA doesnt send it to Europe. They wouldnt be able to steal money if everything was already ready and there was no big constructions needed in order to host it. In a way it is bad because we know the corruption is horrible, but on the other hand it is nice to see the event travel the world and go to places where the fans actually care about International Football.

EDIT 2: By your logic, the USA should host the WC every single time. They are big and diverse, they have lots of money and they have by far the best stadiums and the best infrastructure for tourists on Earth!

It´s a sad situation, I feel.

However, a monumental task as the World cup is, should not have been awarded to a country that´s not capable to even finance it.

Yeah, the sixt biggest economy in the world cant finance a World Cup! :doh:

And please stop using passive voice, you sound like a dyslexical Yoda. LOL!

The Skipper likes this

Yeah, the sixt biggest economy in the world cant finance a World Cup! :doh:

And please stop using passive voice, you sound like a dyslexical Yoda. LOL!

Poverty, is seen in Brazil. The country ought to take care of its citizens first,

As for your insults, If I were you, I would be more careful. The sledge hammer is ready, soon.

Poverty, is seen in Brazil. The country ought to take care of its citizens first,

As for your insults, If I were you, I would be more careful. The sledge hammer is ready, soon.

Poverty, is seen in Canada.

DTES-Back-Alley.jpg

Poverty, is seen in Canada.

DTES-Back-Alley.jpg

Canada is much reacher, standard of living higher, economy is working well, no comparison. Compare the two, good luck.

Canada is much reacher, standard of living higher, economy is working well, no comparison. Compare the two, good luck.

You said poverty can observed in Brazil. It can also be observed in Canada. I made my statement. Only now you bring in more parameters.

Isn't that just a messy alleyway?? :blink:

And aren't those people in hi-viz jackets cleaning it up?

Eh, maybe. But I've never walked down a street or alleyway like that living in Brisbane. Even in the Valley which is seedy as fuck. To me that seems down and out.

You said poverty can observed in Brazil. It can also be observed in Canada. I made my statement. Only now you bring in more parameters.

As I said, no comparison here. Have you heard about folks in Brazil being against the WC ? To stage this event it takes billions & is Brazil ready for it ?

Eh, maybe. But I've never walked down a street or alleyway like that living in Brisbane. Even in the Valley which is seedy as fuck. To me that seems down and out.

Are you telling us there are no slums in Aussie ? LOL.

Did I say that? No I didn't.

You found the dirtiest street in Canada & compared it.

Anyway, it makes no sense to continue here. Just keep an eye on those insults, Thank you.

You found the dirtiest street in Canada & compared it.

Anyway, it makes no sense to continue here. Just keep an eye on those insults, Thank you.

Didn't compare it. Just said Canada has too.

Didn't compare it. Just said Canada has too.

Every country has slums, even in Aussie. Somehow, you did not show it to us here.

Don´t get me wrong, I am not against Brazil to stage the WC. It´s just I questioned whether they can really afford it. To borrow money, billions just to show the world...I am not sure here.