Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

Anyone who thinks either team will play anything short of a strong team is mistaken - I will be very surprised if either team plays a weakened side. Obviously there will be changes, but nothing wholesale.

I think Mourinho would no doubt love to field a strong team, but after all the work his players put in today I doubt too many from the city game will start on Tuesday. Particularly the ones over 28+ age limit.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was waiting so dearly was this thread. we have to bloody murder those arse-anals. dont think wenger would be stupid enough to play his youth side against the likes of mata, kdb, willian etc, specially since 2 of those 3 plus ba/etoo have so much to prove to mourinho.

the line up is pretty much decided according to me

schwarzer

azpi kalas luiz bert

mikel essien

willian mata kdb

ba/etoo

they ll probably line-up like

viviano

jenkinson ? ? monreal

wilshere-flamini-frimpong

walcott-bendtner-podolski

decent team but we have to win this. no other way around it. and with the quality we have in the team that would start, we should be winning this.

Walcott and Podolski are both injured. Expect the likes of Gnabry, Rosicky and Vermaelen to start as well and maybe even Eisfield and Miyaichi to play as well due to their important upcoming fixtures.

Will be nice to see KDB and Essien play though. Feels like an eternity since they last played ans hopefully they along with the rest can put in a performance to give Jose a problem.

No Ozil?? And umm isn't Podolski still out on injury

They have Liverpool, Dortmund and United in the next fortnight. I definitely don't see Ozil starting. Wenger cannot afford to lose him for those fixtures so I am quite sure he will miss out against us. They have a few injuries as it is and while it is a comp they would like to win, they are not going to make it a priority over the PL and CL and with those fixtures coming up, Ozil will more than likely be saved for those games.

Anyone who thinks either team will play anything short of a strong team is mistaken - I will be very surprised if either team plays a weakened side. Obviously there will be changes, but nothing wholesale.

Do you really think so? We only have one day to recover, Arsenal have two and they have a gruelling fixture list, too. Wenger won't be so naive to let his best shot for the league title go to waste just to beat us in the Carling Cup and Mou knows he has to rest Ash, Rami, Iva and Oscar at least. Özil is not the best athlete and probably will be rested, also wAlcott will probably be back in the team for Carzorla, Arteta is suspended anyway bet with you we will see at least 8 players different from weekend's starting lineups in that clash.

I can see Cazorla playing in this one. He didn't go the full 90 vs Palace yesterday

They have Liverpool, Dortmund and United in the next fortnight. I definitely don't see Ozil starting. Wenger cannot afford to lose him for those fixtures so I am quite sure he will miss out against us. They have a few injuries as it is and while it is a comp they would like to win, they are not going to make it a priority over the PL and CL and with those fixtures coming up, Ozil will more than likely be saved for those games.

I was thinking that Wenger would want to beat us badly and put him on not for the entire match though, maybe just the first half to try and influence an early head start. Most people have been saying that Arsenal are only on top because they haven't gone up against a big club as yet and Wenger might want to prove a point. That Arsenal are title contenders this year. Mourinho also pointed that out in his post match interview that Arsenal might just go hard for silverware they seem pretty desperate too for it.

You guys make a good point as well too. They don't have a deep squad so they should think out a strategic plan to effectively guide their season and didn't Wenger put out mostly youth in their last match? I can't see him doing that again but it does show that power from being top of the table for so long has gone to his head. Shame most of their supporters aren't the same

Pretty much decided? I can guarantee you Kalas won't start, most likely doesn't even have the chance to play. The same applies to Schwarzer and Essien. Agree with the rest though.

no essien would mean rambo because i would let lamps play his 4th game in 10 days even if this was the CL final, and god knows rambo has deserved a rest.

same applies for JT. so it can be GC-DL combo, but i still feel mou would give kalas a chance.

No Ozil?? And umm isn't Podolski still out on injury

ozil played 3 matches in 7 days and in the next 7 days they have pool, bvb and united, which means their title credentials as well as their CL qualification is on the line. i truly doubt that wenger would risk any of those 2 for a COC match.

podolski and walcott are back in training from what i have heard.

Walcott and Podolski are both injured. Expect the likes of Gnabry, Rosicky and Vermaelen to start as well and maybe even Eisfield and Miyaichi to play as well due to their important upcoming fixtures.

Will be nice to see KDB and Essien play though. Feels like an eternity since they last played ans hopefully they along with the rest can put in a performance to give Jose a problem.

walcott and podolski are back in training. many expected them to start against palace so that their main team could start against us. but now i think this match would be a comeback match for them

Considering Arsenal have the best defensive record going on for almost 18 months now, it's going to be difficult to break them. That is of course they field their same starting back line.

I would try to put pressure on their defence and have more options up top which will allow Mata to blossom.

Pretty sure Kevin can do a better job than Eto'o at the wings.

All the more, we need a creative player to break down a solid defense

walcott and podolski are back in training. many expected them to start against palace so that their main team could start against us. but now i think this match would be a comeback match for them

Dot matter. It's difficult to put 90 positive minutes on the pitch coming back from an injury.

We shouldn't be having any problems unless they field Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud, Carzola and their usual PL back four.

The way I see it:

Schwarzer, Azpi, Luiz, Bertrand, Kalas, Essien, KDB, Mata, BA, all these players will play tomorrow.

If Chelsea wins it, fine with me. Whatever happens tomorrow, it is not important. This pot is not needed.

It doesnt seem fair to describe players such as Mata, Etoo, Luiz and Willian as team B. They are just as good or even better than some of the players who played today. Your soo called B team players have won lots of competitions amongst themselves and most of them play for their national teams. Infact it is insulting to describe them as such

Apart from Luiz (I don't think Eto'o will start, I think it will be Ba) none of those players have yet played any major role with first team and have been squad players at best, hence they are our B team. At least they are the B team from our game against City yesterday. It's doesn't belittle them as players, it just shows how much quality depth we've had this season.

Lot's of changes for this, but reading around Arsenal are the new Barcelona so we have no chance of winning this :yawn:

on the contrary... are we not BARCA'S KRYPTONITE... if arse-anal are the new barca then that just gives me even more confidence.