Jase

Man of the Match  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertrand, Mikel and Eto'o were all superb, but Willian was head and shoulders above everyone else, imo.

TBH I thought Eto'o was average. Went missing large moments of the game. Not poor but also not good. That besides, excellent performance though.

Couldn't be more happier, the strength in depth we have now is incredible. How good is it to have a reliable 2nd choice keeper? Schwarzer only had one shot on target to save, but his decision making was spot on.

Bertrand showed what a great professional he is, every squad needs players like this. Mata was great, after tonight i wouldn't object to seeing the Essien and Mikel pivot when need be and Willian, wow.

Hahahahaha! I feel you about the GK situation.I loved Hilario, but his name precedes him, it was always Hilarious watching him in goal.Its was like a box of chocolate, you never knew what going to be in it. Lol.. Its reality check for Arsenal Fans with King Jose back in town. B):D

good result,
What a difference having a good back up keeper makes for my nerves. I remember in the past whenever we had to play Turnbull/Hilario I'd always be very nervous whenever the opposition got into shooting position. With Schwarzer at goal you could feel that our defenders felt assured.
Our defenders were extremely stable and we barely allowed Arse any chances - I was specially impressed with Bertrand's defensive contribution and Cesar got his first goal
Also Mikel and Essien totally bossed the midfield tonight. I think Essien can still play an important role in midfield based on his two matches, he seems to be physically alright(not a beast but still strong).
KdB and Willian were ok, KdB especially seems to need a few matches to get up to speed.
Mata did score a great goal and was involved through out but we were extremely efficient.
I guess Eto'o wasn't able to make his stamp on the match so that is probably disappointing to him.
Subs were spot on.
Happy with the result even though I'm no too bothered with the competition, hope we continue to use our full squad for these matches. Maybe a few youngsters next match if we get an easier opponent.

TBH I thought Eto'o was average. Went missing large moments of the game. Not poor but also not good. That besides, excellent performance though.

Yeah but he ran his f***ing socks off! The amount of times he tracked runs back to the edge of our own area was just ridiculous. I'd love to see the distance covered stats for the team today because I thought nearly everyone was running A LOT!

Just been on the Arsenal mania forumforum

http://arsenal-mania.com

So much fun reading about how upset them Gooner twats are. Oh now they been made too look 2nd rate they didn't want too win this trophy anyway...how many years of winning fuck all? 8/9/10

Sad Gooners, as I say "In Arden I Trust"