Jase

Man of the Match  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, we played very well. This didn't look like a second XI at all, what a squad we have this year... And a major shoutout to our FANS! Looked like a home game for the most part.

Great to see Mata scoring, Essien and Mikel were a pleasant surprise and Kalas' dayview topped it off nicely.

PS: Arsenal with one less cup to win, the drought continues

good result,

What a difference having a good back up keeper makes for my nerves. I remember in the past whenever we had to play Turnbull/Hilario I'd always be very nervous whenever the opposition got into shooting position. With Schwarzer at goal you could feel that our defenders felt assured.

Our defenders were extremely stable and we barely allowed Arse any chances - I was specially impressed with Bertrand's defensive contribution and Cesar got his first goal

Also Mikel and Essien totally bossed the midfield tonight. I think Essien can still play an important role in midfield based on his two matches, he seems to be physically alright(not a beast but still strong).

KdB and Willian were ok, KdB especially seems to need a few matches to get up to speed.

Mata did score a great goal and was involved through out but we were extremely efficient.

I guess Eto'o wasn't able to make his stamp on the match so that is probably disappointing to him.

Subs were spot on.

Happy with the result even though I'm no too bothered with the competition, hope we continue to use our full squad for these matches. Maybe a few youngsters next match if we get an easier opponent.

Okay so, that was awesome.

Bertrand man of the match for me, thought he was great throughout.

Mata's goal was an absolute peach, delighted for my main man!

In a word for this performance? Disciplined.

It's amazing to have you back Jose, you've given our players an extra edge!

Side note:Loved the Chelsea fans chanting 'you're just a **** Juan Mata' to Cazorla. Inspired!

over the moon with how we performed this evening. It shows you how much our "B Team" players shall we call them at this stage are determined to wear the blue jersey. The only player i wasn't convinced with was de bruyne and at this stage and can understand why he isn't 1st choice. Our little no.10 was fantastic too :)

Our fans were our 12th man and were incredible. Top job guys!

Easy game in my opinion. It's difficult to believe these guys are actually leading the title race.

I would have liked to see Kalas on for more than a few seconds. I've never understood why managers put players on for the last minute or two. I mean, when it's to burn time then sure I understand. But other than that I think it's more of a humiliation to the player than a confidence boost. Kalas should have been given at least 10 minutes imo.

The Arsenal fans must be shitting their pants though. If this was a league game...