Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They paid only €13m for him back in 2012 so if it's true he's fallen out with Guardiola and they're looking to sell him, I can't see Bayern demanding more than around €15m. They also have a replacement lined up in Lewandowski and everyone knows that so it's not like they're in a very good position to negotiate.

Well if it's true that Monaco are after Demba, why not throw in a cheeky bid? He's no WC striker imo but he's better than what we have atm and as ju said he might be available with Lewandowski on his way there. Mandzukic/Lukaku next season woulnd't be that bad.

He's a cunt like Costa, but he gets goals. Would like him here if possible.

Edit: "Mario has not trained hard enough," the Roten's sporting director told Sky. "The coach decided not to put him in the squad.

"He is precious to us, because he works like an animal. But he has not been doing it this time, so his absence is the consequence.
"It has nothing to do with Lewandowski. He is absolutely not leaving in January."

Yes, please. No better offer, than selling Ba and Eto'o(free) and buying Mandzukic. Mandzo is awesome. He has a killer instinct and I know he can be a good choice for us. With clear rotation with Lukaku that would be great. I hope there is even a 1% chance we sign him for 15-20 mil. rather spend that money + 20 more on Costa, Falcao or whover the hell else is out there , because there would be no point.

IMO

How is his finishing? I know he has workrate which jose likes, and is good in the air, (no one will be happier than ivanovic crosses if he comes) but I haven't watched him enough to judge his finishing

He's not clinical like Falcao or Cavani...but I'd say his finishing is 7.5/10

In all honesty i don't know all that much about Mandzukic except he's a pretty exceptional target man with a good work ethic, but like Reddish-Blue said his finishing is about 7.5/10 (which is spot on from what i HAVE seen)

Work rate alone isn't enough to warrant signing a player if you ask me (bar maybe Ramires) especially not a striker, we obviously need someone who's clinical in front of goal, more like your Higuain/Falcao/Cavani typed player, although consistent and great with his link up play for Bayern he's not exactly set the world alight with his goal scoring record which reads 14 goals in 29 appearances currently

If we have a complete overhaul of our striking department (with Eto'o leaving, Ba leaving and as much as i love the guy Torres leaving) in the summer then i wouldn't opposed to getting in another striker and having him rotate with Mandzukic which is what Mourhinio tends to do anyway

His physicality would be good for the prem, he's a good finisher and has great link up play but in my opinion we still need someone who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net and i'm not sure he's our guy

I dont get this "clinical in front of goal" thing. falcao has missed A LOT of chances with Monaco lately, Cavani is missing tons of chances and Higuain is as far away from being clinical as Torres is from being the next Balon D'or Winner. Mandzukics finishing is up to par to all the above mentioned I would say. Mayble slightly worse, but there aint that much of a difference between his finishing skills and Cavanis/Falcao. Cavani indeed is better technically.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You