Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

As someone who watches a lot of football (but I am in no way a preacher of the universal truth) I just want to add my five cents about Mario.

First of all, check any goal-compilation of him and you will see one thing straight away; Almost all his goals come from a pass/cross out wide. Roughly half of these are a result of pure strength (and excellent heading) while the other come from excellent passing from the wide player but also very good positioning from Mario.

He is a very good combination of a boxplayer and a target man. The best way to use him is to quickly get the ball to him and let the rest of the team advance forward, let him lay it off to a wide player and then try to find him in the box. It is a very simple and playable strategy that should pay off many times without really needing Chelsea to move from the strategy it uses today.
It would however be necessary to engage our fullbacks more offensively though.

He is a dirty player no doubt, but then again it kind of comes with being a target player. Few strikers can hold the ball well while at the same time being pleasant to the opposition.

I talked with a friend of mine who has been supporting Bayern for 30+ years, his guess was that Mario could go for as low as 15m euro (which doesnt really mean much, but an educated guess at any rate). I Think he would be a steal at a price like that, even if it is slightly higher.

He will be 28 in may though, so he is hardly a spring chicken, but I believe that players with his characteristics age better than sprinters and dribblers who rely on pace to bring results.

I have been in the pro-Costa camp and I would still be very happy with him, but Mario would also be an excellent acquisition and people should be happy whomever of those we end up with.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dont get how people cant rate him. massive striker and very, very underrated. without him Bayern look completely toothless. Even though I prefer Diego Costa. Still, would be one of the best strikers in the EPL. he has balls, is a figther in his prime and is also technically much, much better than some suppose. Would be a massive upgrade and I dont think he would have trouble adapting to EPL

Dont get how people cant rate him. massive striker and very, very underrated. without him Bayern look completely toothless. Even though I prefer Diego Costa. Still, would be one of the best strikers in the EPL. he has balls, is a figther in his prime and is also technically much, much better than some suppose. Would be a massive upgrade and I dont think he would have trouble adapting to EPL

Him on his own would be a disappointment, but him and Costa together would be a great move.

Him on his own would be a disappointment, but him and Costa together would be a great move.

he wont move fearing to be 2nd fiddle for bayern to be 2nd fiddle for us though. if he moves, he'll be no 1 striker for his new team. and Costa has the same demands.

A pretty good option.

I haven't watched him enough to really say but he seems strong, good in the air, better technique than some think, he can finish.. He also seems like a warrior which is something we need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bild: Bayern have offered Chelsea 30m for David Luiz. Mourinho wants Mandzukic as part of the deal. Negotiations supposedly advanced

Bild are confident that the deal could be wrapped up this week. Its also said that negotiations are at an advanced stage.

Oh please please I would love to see him here.

Bild: Bayern have offered Chelsea 30m for David Luiz. Mourinho wants Mandzukic as part of the deal. Negotiations supposedly advanced

Oh please please I would love to see him here.

Please be true. We'd be swapping a loose cannon for an actual cannon.

So Costa and Mandzukic, not bad... if we do get him it must mean Lukaku's off, I can't see him sticking around, although it would be deadly having Costa, Mandzukic and Luakaku next season. Just compare that to Eto'o, Ba and Torres...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You