Chelsea Vs Manchester United

DavidEU

Chelsea host Manchester United in a crucial table-topping battle at Stamford Bridge.

Three points for the West London side would see them level with Sir Alex Ferguson's side on 81 points with two games remaining, a position that many Chelsea fans would not have even dared dreaming of following José Mourinho's shock departure in September.

Chelsea's home record against the Red Devils is excellent, and Chelsea’s 80-game unbeaten run at Stamford Bridge in the league is testament to that fact. A victory over their great northern rivals would see the Blues right on course for a European and domestic double, following Wednesday’s excellent 1-1 draw at Anfield.

This is the third meeting between the top two this season, and the second in the Premier League. Chelsea were beaten 2-0 at Old Trafford in Avram Grant’s first game in charge of the club, and were also defeated 3-0 on penalties after a 1-1 stalemate in the Community Shield, but goalkeeper Petr Cech has spoken about his team’s chances in confident mood.

“We have got a pretty good record at Stamford Bridge, so we hope to keep that going,” said the Czech international, who also hopes to meet United in the final of the Champions League.

However, the mood around the camp is not totally upbeat following the death of Pat Lampard. Frank Lampard looks set to miss the United clash, though Michael Ballack is set to start after missing out against Everton.

Can the Blues pull off the performance of the season to beat United?

Match chat here!

Come on the Chels. :blue scalf:

Preview written by BlueLion

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we have a good record against them. Think we've lost 3 out of 12 or 13 or something crazy like that. We aint lost to them at home since 2001/2002 so i'm confident bout this. Its imperative that we put pressure on their last 2 games. If it goes to 36 played and 81 points each, it'll be unreal. every game we have left this season is must win, end of.

Can't even think about this game at the moment!! Still enjoying last night too much :)

We HAVE to win this game, anything else and we have lost any chance we had of winning the league. Our performances still are not very good but we are managing to scrape through, we need to up our game for this one....

We must win this game and hope they slip up vs. Wet Spam.

History does stand in our favour though...

1) Man Utd have not won here since 01/02

2) Since then, they've only scored twice...in the following season's 2-2 draw.

3) Utd have never taken 6 points from us in the Premiership.

No fucking about now.It's time for the lads to knuckle down and stand up to be counted.

Grant must play his best side for our remaining games.No resting players,no tinkering.The ball is in his court.

Too close to call,to predict any result.But it's not rocket science to say that we HAVE to win.

I agree we have to go for this big time! It's a shame Liverpool are able to rest their players against Birmingham City but still.

I think we should look at using the following:

G Cech

DR Essien

DL A Cole

DC Terry

DC Carvalho

MRC Wright-Phillips

MC Mikel

MLC Ballack

ARC J Cole

AC Anelka

ALC Kalou

Need to rest Maka, maybe give Lamps a game off, try out Essien at right back ready for Weds, start Anelka and also Kalou.

If we win this game, I will give a major "fuck you" mancs. Whole this season they've been slating us and praising their precious football. If we win them, then I will laugh of joy. Even if we don't manage to win the league anyways, then I will still look back to that game and say that we fought to the end. But if we lose this one, I will give them a big angry "fuck you", curse them and piss on them. The trophy is up there for ManU to lose, not us to win. But it would feel mighty good if they lost it.

My team for the game would be:

Cech

Ferreira

Carvalho

Terry

A.Cole

Essien

Ballack

Lampard

J.Cole

Kalou

Drogba

I would like us to play 4-4-2, because 4-3-3 is becoming predictable. And because we really need to get to them at our own stadium. But ManU's playing style may necessiate a defensive midfielders. And also Kalou and J.Cole have been performing well, while Anelka has not, so I would trust Joe and Kalou more. But if Joe or Kalou were to miss the tie, I would put Anelka to partner Drogs but not on the wing, and put Essien on right side.

Edited by manpe

1.) Its a FINAL for us. Win is the only result which can keep us in the league.

2.) Even if we dont win the league...The least I want us to Whack their Bollocks at Bridge.

3.) Grant please put up the best 11. Our team has had enough rest over last 2 weeks compared to Man Utd.

4.) Play Ferriera on RB...as we need a good defensive RB to control Ronaldo, if he comes on Left wing.

5.) Cech, Terry, Riccy, Cole, Ferrira, Essien, Obi Mikel(I hope he doesnt get a Red this time), Lampard/Ballack(depending on who is fit mentally and physically), Joe Cole, Kalou, Drogba.

But I feel, Grant is gonna shuffle the squad.

did anyone saw the match tonight of manu vs. barca

if not , don´t worry, it was boring

really !

even if it´s champions league and all that stuff, i am looking forward beating that ugly guys

ronaldo missed that pen-what a wanker

hate him

hate alex f.

DAILY MAIL

Family tragedy strikes soccer star Lampard as his mother, Pat, loses fight for life at age 58

Last updated at 11:05am on 24th April 2008

Soccer star Frank Lampard's mother died in hospital this morning. The devastated England hero was at Pat's bedside when she lost her battle against pneumonia.

Doctors were forced to put the 58-year-old on life-support yesterday after her condition suddenly started to deteriorate.

Before that, there had been hope that Mrs Lampard might get better. Chelsea star Frank, 29, yesterday said: "Slowly, slowly she is coming through."

He felt confident enough to leave the Essex hospital for Tuesday's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool – believing she was stable.

Lampard and other members of his family have been keeping a bedside vigil ever since Pat was admitted with pneumonia just over a week ago.

The football star admitted that the outlook had been "very bleak" at one stage last week and that her recent improvement was the only reason he felt able to play against the Merseysiders.

He said: "I won't go into details but we were getting a very bleak outlook. That was the hardest moment for me in my life.

"I am very lucky because I have a very tough mum, who is a very good person, and I think that might be what is helping her at the minute.

"Three days ago I wasn't playing in my mind. But we got some decent news on Saturday afternoon and my head came round a little bit then."

He added: "The manager and the club have been fantastic and have not put any pressure on me whatsoever. I just felt I could come and play and in a way the training and the playing has helped to take my mind off things, whereas last week I was in a bad situation.

"I know what why mum is like. My mum and dad follow me up and down the country and hopefully, all being well, my mum will come round and I know she would have had a right go at me for not playing."

Midfielder Frank was first told the news of her illness as he warmed up to play Wigan last week – and rushed to be at her bedside.

Essex-born Pat, married to former West Ham star Frank Lampard Senior, has been a huge inspiration to her son.

She has said: "The pride I feel as Frank's mum means more to me than any football success – pride that he's a decent human being."

Tragic - he needs time off now, if he needs it.