Torres epitomizes Mourinho’s European tactical master piece

hjperdeath

@Hazardous Oscar, perhaps actual constructive criticism for hjhyperdeath would be more appreciated over snide comments and derision of his youth?

Maybe you yourself should write an article on tactics and publish it on this website, given your interesting opinions. We really do appreciate those who give to the online community.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so basically your answer is "Mourinho is a clown"....that was exactly what I was expecting....even a kid could undretsnad it....thanks, you are free.

Mourinho is a clown cause he can adjust to situations be it tough or easy, and actually has a much wider view and knowledge on European football? Ignoring another childish insult. So ironic.

Mourinho is a clown cause he can adjust to situations be it tough or easy, and actually has a much wider view and knowledge on European football? Ignoring another childish insult. So ironic.

I know that Mourinho has much wider view and knowledge on European football than you...that's not the issue....the issue is Jose's inability to adopt his tactics to skills of his players, instead of adopting players' skills to his tactics.

@Hazardous Oscar, perhaps actual constructive criticism for hjhyperdeath would be more appreciated over snide comments and derision of his youth?

Maybe you yourself should write an article on tactics and publish it on this website, given your interesting opinions. We really do appreciate those who give to the online community.

you misunderstood the whole thing.....hjhsomething's analysis of Mourinho's tactics is not wrong....Mourinho's tactics are very simple to read for anyone who understands a little of how football works....the issue is why Mourinho plays like that.....

I know that Mourinho has much wider view and knowledge on European football than you...that's not the issue....the issue is Jose's inability to adopt his tactics to skills of his players, instead of adopting players' skills to his tactics.

Really? Jose's inability to adopt his tactics to skills of his players, instead of adopting player's skills to his tactics? Do tell me why Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho , Eto'o and Deco? Simple and easy. They weren't hard working enough and couldn't fit into his system and wanted each and every player to feel equal. One way exit for them. In that sense, atleast Mourinho fights to set the spirit, confidence and ego right of the team.

Also do tell this to Sir Alex Ferguson as well. The man who's always preferred wingers so that his players can play the 'United' way. Tell him to buy Sanchez or Pedro and let them play on the wings and wait for his response.

Once again another insult . I'm loving this.

you misunderstood the whole thing.....hjhsomething's analysis of Mourinho's tactics is not wrong....Mourinho's tactics are very simple to read for anyone who understands a little of how football works....the issue is why Mourinho plays like that.....

Ignore, Spike. I haven't had any problem yet, if I do I'll let you guys know like before. :)

Mourinho's tactics are simple to read? Jesus Christ.

Sir Bobby Robson might turn in his grave if he read that. Guardiola, Martino or any other El Loco disciple employ a strategy or philosophy that is the most simplest to understand. Never in my case studies did I have to spend a lot of time on any of them than I had to on say Manuel Pellegrini (who also doesn't like to move away from his philosophy, another man who buys players to fit into his tactics rather than change his tactics to their skillset. The sole reason he bought Negredo, Fernandinho and Jovetic) , Jose himself, Brendan Rodgers. Bloody hell even Chris Hughton's tactical set up was tougher to read and understand than Guardiola's was.

The truth is Guardiola has a fixed philosophy which he imbibes into his teams. He doesn't change at all, unless you count minute and negligible factors such as injury time substitutions or suspensions or lengthy injury list and so on. I've probably done over 20 analysis's on Jupp's Bayern, which was much much much more versatile and harder to read than Guardiola's present Bayern. I did the scouting report on Bayern before we faced them in the Super Cup by watching just 4 games.

Going back to the Mourinho point. Mourinho's core philosophy is counter-attacking, the same way Guardiola's is possession football (with the Cruijjfian triangles and fake wingers) . The difference is Mourinho always always always has Plan B, or Plan C, or Plan D up his sleeve. He takes off left-backs and puts on strikers. He adjusts himself to the situation and always has tactical surprises that people don't understand. Guardiola on the other hand hardly finds it tough to face other teams as his own team is either technically superior or have a much much better philosophy, thanks to Biesla and Rinus Michels himself. Another reason why Barcelona suffered against an updated version of the Catenaccio (CC: Chelsea's bus, both the Milan clubs and PSG) .

Not just them , but Biesla , Martino etc, would suffer the same if they had a top team facing a top team.

Really? Jose's inability to adopt his tactics to skills of his players, instead of adopting player's skills to his tactics? Do tell me why Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho , Eto'o and Deco? Simple and easy. They weren't hard working enough and couldn't fit into his system and wanted each and every player to feel equal. One way exit for them. In that sense, atleast Mourinho fights to set the spirit, confidence and ego right of the team.

Also do tell this to Sir Alex Ferguson as well. The man who's always preferred wingers so that his players can play the 'United' way. Tell him to buy Sanchez or Pedro and let them play on the wings and wait for his response.

Once again another insult . I'm loving this.

This is incredibly funny...do you always talk (write) for the sake of talking (writing)?.....

Every manager gets rid of players who he thinks are not needed anymore.....Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco because those stars have past it, they won almost everything with Rijkaard and Barcelona's academy had young players capable of replacing all of them....this has nothing to do with adopting players to your tactics.....the reality is Guardiola made the best out of Barcelona side which he had at his disposal....one cannot imagine that team of Xavi-Iniesta-Messi and co. playing better football than that....Ferguson chose and bought players who fit his style and that worked.....yet any knowledgable person will tell you that the Chelsea side with the creative talent like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, and co. should play expansive, possessional and attacking football and any manager who tries to make them play in any other way is just misusing the resources he has....plain and simple.

You are insulting yourself even though you don't know it....you will get it when you grow up.

This is incredibly funny...do you always talk (write) for the sake of talking (writing)?.....

Every manager gets rid of players who he thinks are not needed anymore.....Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco because those stars have past it, they won almost everything with Rijkaard and Barcelona's academy had young players capable of replacing all of them....this has nothing to do with adopting players to your tactics.....the reality is Guardiola made the best out of Barcelona side which he had at his disposal....one cannot imagine that team of Xavi-Iniesta-Messi and co. playing better football than that....Ferguson chose and bought players who fit his his style and that worked.....yet any knowledgable person will tell you that the Chelsea side with the creative talent like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, and co. should play expansive, possessional and attacking football and any manager who tries to make them play in any other way is just misusing the resources he has....plain and simple.

You are insulting yourself even though you don't know it....you will get it when you grow up.

Insert the exact same first sentence you inserted. Sorry but I'm not ready to insult a person again on this thread.

It does have everything to do with adopting players to certain tactics. Guardiola needed players who would work as a unit, another basic principle of total football. Something the 3 said players couldn't. It has everything to do with tactics, but yes as you said combined with the fact that they had up and coming players from the La Masia that could be fit in with future in mind. No the reality is he made the players play in his own style, which made Barcelona what it is as he had the perfect players at his disposal.

Read the book, and you shall know more - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pep-Guardiola-Another-Winning-Biography/dp/1409129462/ref=pd_sim_b_2

and this as well - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Making-Greatest-Team-World/dp/0956497152/ref=pd_sim_b_8

Isn't that what your debate was about?

the issue is Jose's inability to adopt his tactics to skills of his players, instead of adopting players' skills to his tactics.

Why did Ferguson choose or buy players of a particular style? Why couldn't he buy players from the market and adapt to their skill set? Isn't that what your rebuttal was all about again?

And a proper analyst would also tell you it's a work in progress. The way Chelsea created triangles in the first few games was never ever ever seen at the Bridge. One step at a time. Rushing things and with every step you take, you take two back.

Misusing the resources he has? Those players are given to him. he didn't have the freedom to choose them. Chelsea is a top club, they will have to fit into the side. Ribery and Robben were not meant to play the way like they do under Guardiola. They are much different. The same goes for Lahm, Alaba and Mandzukic. With what you are saying, isn't that misusing of resources as well?

Another insult. Running out of fingers here. Also you seem to have dropped the topic of Jose being easily read. Nothing to say about that?

Insert the exact same first sentence you inserted. Sorry but I'm not ready to insult a person again on this thread.

It does have everything to do with adopting players to certain tactics. Guardiola needed players who would work as a unit, another basic principle of total football. Something the 3 said players couldn't. It has everything to do with tactics, but yes as you said combined with the fact that they had up and coming players from the La Masia that could be fit in with future in mind. No the reality is he made the players play in his own style, which made Barcelona what it is as he had the perfect players at his disposal.

Read the book, and you shall know more - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pep-Guardiola-Another-Winning-Biography/dp/1409129462/ref=pd_sim_b_2

and this as well - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Making-Greatest-Team-World/dp/0956497152/ref=pd_sim_b_8

Isn't that what your debate was about?

Why did Ferguson choose or buy players of a particular style? Why couldn't he buy players from the market and adapt to their skill set? Isn't that what your rebuttal was all about again?

And a proper analyst would also tell you it's a work in progress. The way Chelsea created triangles in the first few games was never ever ever seen at the Bridge. One step at a time. Rushing things and with every step you take, you take two back.

Misusing the resources he has? Those players are given to him. he didn't have the freedom to choose them. Chelsea is a top club, they will have to fit into the side. Ribery and Robben were not meant to play the way like they do under Guardiola. They are much different. The same goes for Lahm, Alaba and Mandzukic. With what you are saying, isn't that misusing of resources as well?

Another insult. Running out of fingers here. Also you seem to have dropped the topic of Jose being easily read. Nothing to say about that?

There are so many mistakes and false information in your posts that I don't even know which one of them to refute....

Jose Mourinho was hired the second time by Roman to play a stylish attacking football, which is different than that he played at the Bridge during his first reign. This is a fact, yet we haven't seen anything of that kind yet. The real problem is we haven't seen anything of that kind from any team Jose managed before. A 50 year old manager is not capable to change his ways, something the Chelsea board ignored and which will come back to bite them.

Your examples of Guardiola and Fergie has no relevance to this issue as those managers had control over the transfers, yet Jose doesn't at Chelsea now. Michael Emenalo is responsible of that and it's him who bought all the creative players we have now. That is because Roman Abramovich wants to see attacking football.

The way Chelsea created triangles was never ever seen at the Bridge before? You must be kidding, kid. Go find a video of the Tottenham game away under Robbie last fall and watch Mikel-Hazard-Mata triangle combination which led to Mata's goal.

Please stop insulting yourself, my son. Writing long hollow posts doesn't do you a favour. Your posts can amaze only uneducated and shallow people.

There are so many mistakes and false information in your posts that I don't even know which one of them to refute....

Jose Mourinho was hired the second time by Roman to play a stylish attacking football, which is different than that he played at the Bridge during his first reign. This is a fact, yet we haven't seen anything of that kind yet. The real problem is we haven't seen anything of that kind from any team Jose managed before. A 50 year old manager is not capable to change his ways, something the Chelsea board ignored and which will come back to bite them.

Your examples of Guardiola and Fergie has no relevance to this issue as those managers had control over the transfers, yet Jose doesn't at Chelsea now. Michael Emenalo is responsible of that and it's him who bought all the creative players we have now. That is because Roman Abramovich wants to see attacking football.

The way Chelsea created triangles was never ever seen at the Bridge before? You must be kidding, kid. Go find a video of the Tottenham game away under Robbie last fall and watch Mikel-Hazard-Mata combination which led to the goal.

Please stop insulting yourself, my son.

Clearly I'm the one with the false information cause I have true facts from researches? :clap:

You clearly know nothing about Biesla. Neither about Ferguson, and neither about any of the manager's I mentioned.

Is there a direct quote for this stylish attacking football? All Mourinho has said that he is here to build a legacy, which I'm sure he will. The passing Chelsea showed in the first few games was nowhere near what we have seen before. You can't judge after we've gone just a few games into the season. Roman doesn't seem to have a problem yet, neither does the board. Surprising that you, the knowledgeable one , should think it would come back to bite.

Relevance to the issue. What the actual fuck? That has 0 sense to what you're first post was all about. " Guardiola is better than Mourinho, "Guardiola's tactics are harder to read than Mourinho's " . Pick a topic son.

One triangle for a goal and Chelsea used Cruijfiian triangles before Mourinho came? Hopefully the other German's don't see this.

I haven't insulted you yet, but you're asking for it. Please don't call me son, I would be highly ashamed if I was yours.

Clearly I'm the one with the false information cause I have true facts from researches? :clap:

You clearly know nothing about Biesla. Neither about Ferguson, and neither about any of the manager's I mentioned.

Is there a direct quote for this stylish attacking football? All Mourinho has said that he is here to build a legacy, which I'm sure he will. The passing Chelsea showed in the first few games was nowhere near what we have seen before. You can't judge after we've gone just a few games into the season. Roman doesn't seem to have a problem yet, neither does the board. Surprising that you, the knowledgeable one , should think it would come back to bite.

Relevance to the issue. What the actual fuck? That has 0 sense to what you're first post was all about. " Guardiola is better than Mourinho, "Guardiola's tactics are harder to read than Mourinho's " . Pick a topic son.

One triangle for a goal and Chelsea used Cruijfiian triangles before Mourinho came? Hopefully the other German's don't see this.

I haven't insulted you yet, but you're asking for it. Please don't call me son, I would be highly ashamed if I was yours.

You have all the traits of a classical teenager who thinks that by mentioning names of managers he can show his superiority in knowledge. Do you realize that we live in 21st century and one can find everything on internet? I don't know Ferguson and Bielsa? :D Yes, you know them because you mentioned them in your long hollow posts. One triangle for a goal? :D Roman and the board seem to not have a problem with Jose? You mean like they didn't with most of the managers they sacked. :D And those are your arguments? Please keep insulting yourself.

Guardiola has a much better H2H to Jose despite being younger, and his teams always play exciting attacking football. That's the only relevance of him to this topic.

And here is the icing on the cake. When Jose was asked of the style which he was supposed to play with this Chelsea side, his response was: "the ideal is to always play in a high block, to recover the ball very very fast, to have the ball to build well, to be always in the control of the game, to be proactive and not reactive." That's how the teams like Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona (albeit with different styles of possessional football) play and unlike how Jose's teams of the past played. His words on that in between 3:30 and 4:15 in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ51HzMSz4Q

It seems like you didn't do your homework, sonny. :D

You have all the traits of a classical teenager who thinks that by mentioning names of managers he can show his superiority in knowledge. Do you realize that we live in 21st century and one can find everything on internet? I don't know Ferguson and Bielsa? :D Yes, you know them because you mentioned them in your long hollow posts. One triangle for a goal? :D Roman and the board seem to not have a problem with Jose? You mean like they didn't with most of the managers they sacked. :D And those are your arguments? Please keep insulting yourself.

Guardiola has a much better H2H to Jose despite being younger, and his teams always play exciting attacking football. That's the only relevance of him to this topic.

And here is the icing on the cake. When Jose was asked of the style which was gonna play with this Chelsea side, his response was: "the ideal is to always play in a high block, to recover the ball very very fast, to have the ball to build well, to be always in the control of the game, to be proactive and not reactive." That's how play the teams like Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona (albeit with different styles of possessional football) and unlike how played Jose's teams of the past. His words on that inbetween 3:30 and 4:15 in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ51HzMSz4Q

It seems like you didn't do your homework. :D

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. As this is more of personal, than on topic for you, you win father. Mourinho's a clown, Guardiola's the greatest manager on the planet and Roman's going to sack Mourinho.

@hjperdeath, ignore him. Anyone that can decisively conclude after 3 months that Mourinho has failed to effectively use his players is pretty deluded. A knowledgable football fan would give said manager (not just Mourinho, anyone) a few more months, possibly a whole season before coming to any serious conclusions.

The fact that he needs to keep repeating your age is also ridiculous, don't be phased by it, you're well ahead and advanced past most people when it comes to the tactical side of the game. I wouldn't even reply to him if I were you.

What the man is basically saying is that anyone could do what Mourinho does or has done which is absolutely mind boggling.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. As this is more of personal, than on topic for you, you win father. Mourinho's a clown, Guardiola's the greatest manager on the planet and Roman's going to sack Mourinho.

Now that you have realized that you have been dealing with someone who has superior knowledge of the game than you, you are trying to mask that fact with some personal issues and run away. :D Let it be the way you want, sonny. :tophat:

@hjperdeath, ignore him. Anyone that can decisively conclude after 3 months that Mourinho has failed to effectively use his players is pretty deluded. A knowledgable football fan would give said manager (not just Mourinho, anyone) a few more months, possibly a whole season before coming to any serious conclusions.

The fact that he needs to keep repeating your age is also ridiculous, don't be phased by it, you're well ahead and advanced past most people when it comes to the tactical side of the game. I wouldn't even reply to him if I were you.

What the man is basically saying is that anyone could do what Mourinho does or has done which is absolutely mind boggling.

So the Chelsea board who sacked managers in less than a year have no idea about football? Yes, of course. And that is the exact reason why they hired Mourinho back for him to play a certain style which he has never played in his whole career. Thanks for agreeing with me. :D