OneMoSalah

Here's how I see it, out of everyone in the transfer rumours section Koke seems most likely to come when you take into account the media lately and the type if player Jose likes. Plus, we have had a good relationship with AM since we lent them courtois, the communication has been there for years.

Will he give us that hazard on the right? No

Will he gives us that hazard in the middle? No

But that's because I honestly can't see him player anywhere other than in the pivot - if I'm right - why the comparisons with Oscar? Surely that means Oscar and cesc will compete in the number 10?

I think Koke will do to us what xavi did to Barcelona, not to that extent of course, but he will he the metronome. We've wanted someone to control out possession right? Take out good form and play into the big games? Koke will give us that platform.

I see why people are talking like they are when they see him play for AM? I really do. But he won't play like that for us. Won't play in the same position, have an emphasis on so many long forward balls (certainly at home)

People view him as a stronger, CM version of Oscar, that's why. People view Fabregas as being vunerable in central midfield, and they're right to an extent. However, Oscar is a fantastic n10 and often acts as a CM to cover for Cesc. Koke in physical matches would be fantastic as an addition to add some steel, or on the wing to press...but with RLC coming soon...I can't see it happening. I believe he'll do the same job anyway.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People view him as a stronger, CM version of Oscar, that's why. People view Fabregas as being vunerable in central midfield, and they're right to an extent. However, Oscar is a fantastic n10 and often acts as a CM to cover for Cesc. Koke in physical matches would be fantastic as an addition to add some steel, or on the wing to press...but with RLC coming soon...I can't see it happening. I believe he'll do the same job anyway.

Yeh I'm just offering my view, which is nothing like Oscar. I think he's more of a robust, defensive Fabregas. Although Fabregas' technique looks so much more classy than Koke's. Plus I'm sure RLC is hardly going to walk in the first time (I'd love him to progress that fast but I think it's unrealistic)

Yeh I'm just offering my view, which is nothing like Oscar. I think he's more of a robust, defensive Fabregas. Although Fabregas' technique looks so much more classy than Koke's. Plus I'm sure RLC is hardly going to walk in the first time (I'd love him to progress that fast but I think it's unrealistic)

Oh yeah, I completely agree. I like Koke as a player and he'd be great for our system but considering Oscar is a CAM and he does that much work I reckon we'd miss him if he went.

If we'd never brought Fabregas I'd love this transfer but unless it's for the purpose of pressing (and presumably at the expense of Ramires/Willian or both) it seems a waste.

Oh yeah, I completely agree. I like Koke as a player and he'd be great for our system but considering Oscar is a CAM and he does that much work I reckon we'd miss him if he went.

If we'd never brought Fabregas I'd love this transfer but unless it's for the purpose of pressing (and presumably at the expense of Ramires/Willian or both) it seems a waste.

Thing is, I think our team would be better not because Koke is better in every way than Oscar but because the team changes,

I can see the average position of a matic - fabregas - koke midfield being like a reverse of the 4231 triangle, basically Matic and the bottom with Koke and Fabergas ahead. This allows for better pressing and overload in attack and straightforward transition to a flat 3 in front of the defence when without the ball. All those three are good on the ball and I think are passing would be better than this season. Oscar's pressing fades in the second half for some strange reason so throughout the season pressing would be better. As would defensive solidarity.

To be clear I think we should keep Oscar. Maybe he rises to the competition

Chelsea's hopes of buying Rapahel Varane and Koke this summer have been dealt a blow after it emerged Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are facing a transfer ban from Fifa.

Both La Liga clubs are under investigation from the world governing body over breaking rules regarding the signing of foreign players under the age of 18.

Barcelona were found guilty of the same offence last April and were handed a transfer embargo for the whole of 2015.

Should the Madrid clubshttp://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-real-madrid-and-atletico-madrid-bans-could-scupper-blues-moves-for-raphael-varane-and-koke-10212060.htmlbe found at fault, they are likely to get the same punishment of not being able to buy players for two windows.

awk ffs :angry:

You know that website I gave, when he said we are interested in Koke and Roman was asked to confirm the price?

Well he just said that Madrid are after Mikel!! Lol sounds bizarre! All I can think of is Ancelloti loves him still. If this actually happens then I know the site isn't complete BS

Today (from express). http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/574855/Chelsea-Felipe-Luis-Atletico-Madrid-Swap-Deal-Koke

EXCLUSIVE: Chesea line-up Felipe Luis SWAP for Atletico Madrid's Koke.

CHELSEA are in talks with Atletico Madrid over a £30million swap deal for Spain midfielder Koke.

For me it will be a change piece by piece: Koke in exchange for Oscar (who probably go to a big team or PSG for about 40 million pounds).

In addition, Koke is a perfect player to continue competing with the Financial Fair Play rules.

Sorry to dispense Filipe Luis. I think he should be important with us. But if finally we sell Filipe, I would bet all on Nathan Ake as Left-Back because this guy is a prodigy that we should not leave on the road.

To me Koke is a key signing strategically to continue with the hegemony of English football and try the assault to Champions League next season.

Regards.

Today (from express). http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/574855/Chelsea-Felipe-Luis-Atletico-Madrid-Swap-Deal-Koke

EXCLUSIVE: Chesea line-up Felipe Luis SWAP for Atletico Madrid's Koke.

CHELSEA are in talks with Atletico Madrid over a £30million swap deal for Spain midfielder Koke.

For me it will be a change piece by piece: Koke in exchange for Oscar (who probably go to a big team or PSG for about 40 million pounds).

In addition, Koke is a perfect player to continue competing with the Financial Fair Play rules.

Sorry to dispense Filipe Luis. I think he should be important with us. But if finally we sell Filipe, I would bet all on Nathan Ake as Left-Back because this guy is a prodigy that we should not leave on the road.

To me Koke is a key signing strategically to continue with the hegemony of English football and try the assault to Champions League next season.

Regards.

I 100% agree with you friend,

Koke would bring us to another level, IMO he is one of the 2 major signings we need this summer.

- Koke/Gundogan/Pogba (wc CM)

- Bale/Reus (wc AM)

Regarding Luis, I feel bad for him too. But he will be 30 years old next season and won't get any better while Ake has a bright future in front of him. If Jose sticks with JT-Azpi, Ake should be enough to be his back up. Luis is too good for the bench for two seasons.

Koke would bring us to another level, IMO he is one of the 2 major signings we need this summer.

- Koke/Gundogan/Pogba (wc CM)

- Bale/Reus (wc AM)

The thing i like about Pogba is that he reduces imo the need like you say of another strong attaking AM (like Bale/Rues), because he's so dominant offensively. Mainly with his penetration and goal scoring ability. If we get him i have no doubts about firepower in any game. With Koke (in a formation with Cesc, Willian, Hazard, Matic, Costa) its different, though i would still wont call it a "Need".

The thing i like about Pogba is that he reduces imo the need like you say of another strong attaking AM (like Bale/Rues), because he's so dominant offensively. Mainly with his penetration and goal scoring ability. If we get him i have no doubts about firepower in any game. With Koke (in a formation with Cesc, Willian, Hazard, Matic, Costa) its different, though i would still wont call it a "Need".

His goal scoring record over the last 3 seasons is 5 , 9, 9 and in that's in an average of 45+ games and most of those games, he's played in a 3 man midfield with Pirlo and Vidal, a luxury he won't have if he came here. Firepower and goal scoring ability indeed.

Koke is a more suitable partner to Matic than Pogba and Fabregas are. He is more positionally savvy than Pogba is in a 2 man midfield. Pogba is a little bit too attacking for my liking. Koke will be cheaper, has a set price, is more versatile and more adapted to partner Matic. He is a very good playmaker, not as good as Fabregas, but he is very powerfully built, way more athletic than Fabregas and better at protecting the ball than Fabregas is. His set piece delivery is amazing. At this moment in time, Koke is probably the better player than Fabregas.

Koke has a set release clause of 60 million euros. I hope we act quickly like we did with Fabregas. Madrid and Barcelona can fight for Pogba and Verratti all they want. Atletico will probably also rather sell to him to us than to their rivals. I think we have the advantage here if we act decisively.

With Koke (in a formation with Cesc, Willian, Hazard, Matic, Costa) its different, though i would still wont call it a "Need".

This. Chelsea will still have some problems if only Koke replaces Oscar in the XI, especially if Mourinho sticks with the same defence.

Koke, Cesc and Matic won't score many, and of course we all know Willian and his 4 goal output this season. Which will result in over dependence on Diego and Hazard again.

CM is essential for this team, but so is another goal scoring threat imo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You