OneMoSalah

Considering that he doesnt see Mata as long term integral player, is there a chance that we might start to play in 4:3:3?

We need to buy CM urgently, but both Rambo and Oscar would probably work even better in 3 man midfield.

------------Cech------------

Azpi----Terry--Luiz-----Cole

-----------Witsel?----------

------Rambo------Oscar------

Willian----Lukaku-----Hazard

Mou wants to play counter football and this would be ideal for our team. Not entirely sure about Willian though and we should see how Lukaku proceeds.

Stop with this "he could potentialy in parrarel universe play in CM position despite he never realy did" bullshit. And Chelsea isnt club for developing talents and making them something else. Schools is one in million, but he had long support from Saf aswell. At Chelsea, you have one shot; make it or break it. We wont magicaly make Koke a CM. Simply sign someone who is playing this position all career. Even for premium, we have money afterall.

We signed Oscar because of that thought, but kid is best at CAM. Koke is very fine player, but far from what we need. He isnt close to Xabi mould (what we need) and that means no-go.

Says I'm talking bullshit when speaking of Koke as a CM, who has actually played there against one of the best teams in the world, but contradicts himself within minutes by suggesting Oscar as CM and then saying his best position is CAM.

I think if anyone should stop the bullshit it's you. Give over.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says I'm talking bullshit when speaking of Koke as a CM, who has actually played there against one of the best teams in the world, but contradicts himself within minutes by suggesting Oscar as CM and then saying his best position is CAM.

I think if anyone should stop the bullshit it's you. Give over.

CM in pivot is different from CM in three man midfield. Should Koke play for us it would be

Oscar

Koke-Ramires

A no-go.

Koke is same type of player as Oscar, but neither can play in double pivot.

Now why the fuck you want koke if we already have Oscar?l

CM in pivot is different from CM in three man midfield. Should Koke play for us it would be

Oscar

Koke-Ramires

A no-go.

Koke is same type of player as Oscar, but neither can play in double pivot.

Now why the fuck you want koke if we already have Oscar?l

If you took the time to properly digest what I wrote, I'm saying he can adapt to become a good DLP; not that he currently is one. It's an investment and it avoids these ridiculously quoted fees for established DLPs as they are so rare these days.

We signed Oscar because of that thought, but kid is best at CAM.

We need to buy CM urgently, but both Rambo and Oscar would probably work even better in 3 man midfield.

Look, you've quite clearly contradicted yourself and it's ok. Just stop being so pedantic, stubborn and downright aggressive about it. Take a chill pill.

Shhhh time now.

article-0-023737CD0000044D-992_634x513.j

If you took the time to properly digest what I wrote, I'm saying he can adapt to become a good DLP; not that he currently is one.

Look, you've quite clearly contradicted yourself and it's ok. Just stop being so pedantic, stubborn and downright aggressive about it. Take a chill pill.

Shhhh time now.

article-0-023737CD0000044D-992_634x513.j

By that I meant

--AM(oscar)---(B2B)Rambo--

---------CM/DM(?)---------

In this case, I didnt contradict myself. Oscar is AM (similar to CAM), in 3 man midfield, but we need to buy a CM (something Koke isnt and probably wont be).

All in all, we need a player who can play along Ramires in double pivot or DM in 4:3:3. That my friend, koke isnt. He cant put defensive shift and stay back along Ramires who likes to bomb forward. Neither can Oscar. But Oscar is best at CAM or in AM role of the 4:3:3. Kapis?

• 4 weeks later...

It is reported that Manchester United and Liverpool are eager to sign him. Barca boss Gerardo Martino want to take the player to Catalunya as a long-term replacement for midfield metronome Xavi Hernandez.

• 4 months later...

I have to say that I am a bit suprised that so few have suggested this player.
While he does mostly play on the left side, he has the necessary skills to play in the pivot, and has several games in central midfield under his belt.
We keep looking at Kroos and Gundogan when this player would be the safer (and cheaper most likely) card.

Personally I believe that Matic - Koke would offer great synergy. One is excellent in the defense but very capable offensively, while the other is excellent offensively but very capable in the defense. That is the kind of balance you want in a pivot.
Add to that the fact that Koke is excellent at set-pieces and we have a player that could answer a lot of problems that the Chelsea squad has today.

Just to repeat myself; I am aware of the fact that Koke is primarily a wide player, but some wide players were meant to remain there, while others can be retooled into central positons (besides, look at Hazard who is excellent both on the wing and in the middle).

I have to say that I am a bit suprised that so few have suggested this player.

While he does mostly play on the left side, he has the necessary skills to play in the pivot, and has several games in central midfield under his belt.

We keep looking at Kroos and Gundogan when this player would be the safer (and cheaper most likely) card.

Personally I believe that Matic - Koke would offer great synergy. One is excellent in the defense but very capable offensively, while the other is excellent offensively but very capable in the defense. That is the kind of balance you want in a pivot.

Add to that the fact that Koke is excellent at set-pieces and we have a player that could answer a lot of problems that the Chelsea squad has today.

Just to repeat myself; I am aware of the fact that Koke is primarily a wide player, but some wide players were meant to remain there, while others can be retooled into central positons (besides, look at Hazard who is excellent both on the wing and in the middle).

Great player but is he pivot material ?

Great player but is he pivot material ?

In my opinion absolutely. His skills are of the kind that does not exclude you to the flank. He is excellent at through-balls, he tackles very well and is good in small spaces. He works very hard and is above all an intelligent player.

If it is true that he has a buy-out clause of £17m that I think it is a no-brainer. I hope we get Atletico in the semi, that way Mou can analyze Atletico in-depth and later see Koke in action.

If it is true that he has a buy-out clause of £17m that I think it is a no-brainer. I hope we get Atletico in the semi, that way Mou can analyze Atletico in-depth and later see Koke in action.

He signed a new contract recently with an upgraded release clause.Besides he came through their academy so its highly unlikely that he would want to leave when his team is playing so well and developing into a major force.

Koke doesn't have much experience in the pivot and usually when he gets the ball in his own half he only has 1 or 2 teammates a head of him, he won't be used to the responsibility of having the back four behind him. He hasn't really shown me the possession retention qualities (in dangerous ares for your team) needed to play in the heat of a pivot. As opposed to a player like Kovacic who does this for club and country and hasn't turned 20 yet, his age however is probably the main reason the club might not look at him. Last week he did a run against Bologna that defines why I am so eager to suggest in us signing him. It's the kind of run Ramires does poorly in, Ramires is the best in the business as running into empty space but not this. At 3:07 in this video Kovacic what he does best and this kind of play makes the difference and it ended up with the team getting into a great position and winning a penalty. I think he is the perfect player to play in our pivot as he will get the opponents nervous in the midfield well before Hazard even gets the ball. He could essentially be another Salah in terms of the transfer workings, Liverpool will make a lowball bid like the cheap bastard scouse they are and if we come with a more respectful one who knows..

go to 3:07

@BloodIsBlue

You mention Kovacic in almost all of your transfer related posts :lol:

There is a tremendous amount of truth in what you said, and I might be taking every opportunity and I might be a little obsessive. One thing I am never is illogical or biased. No bias on my adoration for this possible gem at all, no bias to Slavic folks or Serie A (I'm Portuguese for fucks sakes) I genuinely believe he is a going to a big player.

I'm quick to comment on suggestions of Koke with my suggestion of Kova and here's why... In today's football its normal that players have to be many different things as a player, especially attacking players today expected to be comfortable anywhere in the opponents third. Some players a bred in this multi-position vein while others are more old school. Koke does have this but he has this in a purely attacking sense however, as you demand this attacking player to play centrally and behind 3 or more players you might be asking a lot of Koke, he under 23-25 and he can definitely go through major changes to his style but all the coaches and professionals around him AVOID playing him in that deeper role (they do it out of necessity). Obviously I'm going to be shouting Kova's name when this kid is already at this moment undergoing the metamorphosis some here are asking Koke to go through. The football professionals around Kovacic have obviously seen these qualities in him and convinced him this is a good position for him to work on. A lot of times people suggest signing a forward minded player to play in our pivot and I cannot deny there are advantages to playing technically gifted players there but there are more disadvantage to forcing players to change their style towards a direction they have no intention of going themselves.

Kovacic started young as a purely attacking player so his dribbling and flair are a testament to that but somehow the management around him saw a different player in him. To be honest last year and when he played in Croatia (and a bit at Inter) he was definitely a diamond in the rough, he had superbly mature dribbling but he wasn't aware of his team mates and he didn't look ready to be consistent and do anything in a central role. This year however his passing has massively improved and he knows when to give up and let someone else do the work instead of beating the team by himself. He's now not only able to carry the ball through warzones he is developing an understanding what to do with it. The Croatian national team coach also picked up on Kovacic widening his view of the game and played him as a holding midfielder, where his performance essentially won them a crucial game against rivals Serbia in qualifiers.

Kovacic is a player born to thrill and that's why I want him here. Mourinho likes to talk about cold blood infront of goal, well Kova is absolutely fearless in possession in all areas of he pitch. His fearlessness is what gives him the Pirlo like vision into the future and allows him to beat so many men. I want him here because there is nothing that gets us the supporters out of our seat quicker than watching someone skip past 3 defenders, there also nothing that gives quite the same advantage as dribbling past defenders. The ball sticks to the kid and he is lighting over 20 yards, Ramires might be lighting over 30 or more yards but I don't think anyone here could say the ball sticks to him. The maze of dribbles Hazard and Kovacic could pull off together would leave teams dizzy.

There is a tremendous amount of truth in what you said, and I might be taking every opportunity and I might be a little obsessive. One thing I am never is illogical or biased. No bias on my adoration for this possible gem at all, no bias to Slavic folks or Serie A (I'm Portuguese for fucks sakes) I genuinely believe he is a going to a big player.

I'm quick to comment on suggestions of Koke with my suggestion of Kova and here's why... In today's football its normal that players have to be many different things as a player, especially attacking players today expected to be comfortable anywhere in the opponents third. Some players a bred in this multi-position vein while others are more old school. Koke does have this but he has this in a purely attacking sense however, as you demand this attacking player to play centrally and behind 3 or more players you might be asking a lot of Koke, he under 23-25 and he can definitely go through major changes to his style but all the coaches and professionals around him AVOID playing him in that deeper role (they do it out of necessity). Obviously I'm going to be shouting Kova's name when this kid is already at this moment undergoing the metamorphosis some here are asking Koke to go through. The football professionals around Kovacic have obviously seen these qualities in him and convinced him this is a good position for him to work on. A lot of times people suggest signing a forward minded player to play in our pivot and I cannot deny there are advantages to playing technically gifted players there but there are more disadvantage to forcing players to change their style towards a direction they have no intention of going themselves.

Kovacic started young as a purely attacking player so his dribbling and flair are a testament to that but somehow the management around him saw a different player in him. To be honest last year and when he played in Croatia (and a bit at Inter) he was definitely a diamond in the rough, he had superbly mature dribbling but he wasn't aware of his team mates and he didn't look ready to be consistent and do anything in a central role. This year however his passing has massively improved and he knows when to give up and let someone else do the work instead of beating the team by himself. He's now not only able to carry the ball through warzones he is developing an understanding what to do with it. The Croatian national team coach also picked up on Kovacic widening his view of the game and played him as a holding midfielder, where his performance essentially won them a crucial game against rivals Serbia in qualifiers.

Kovacic is a player born to thrill and that's why I want him here. Mourinho likes to talk about cold blood infront of goal, well Kova is absolutely fearless in possession in all areas of he pitch. His fearlessness is what gives him the Pirlo like vision into the future and allows him to beat so many men. I want him here because there is nothing that gets us the supporters out of our seat quicker than watching someone skip past 3 defenders, there also nothing that gives quite the same advantage as dribbling past defenders. The ball sticks to the kid and he is lighting over 20 yards, Ramires might be lighting over 30 or more yards but I don't think anyone here could say the ball sticks to him. The maze of dribbles Hazard and Kovacic could pull off together would leave teams dizzy.

I'm gonna look this guy up. Doubt we get him, but still.

• 3 weeks later...

What a player. I'd take him next to Matic in a heartbeat. I know he's been playing a wider position, but I see his future as a b2b or a guy that pulls the strings from a deeper position.

Superb player, but you would ruin him there. He is a proper 10, he can pull the strings from there, you just have to give him that freedom he needs by putting to guys to do the dirty job for him. Just like Cholo did with Thiago and Mario tonight.

___ Koke ___

_Matic Vidal__

As I said, great player, but Barcelona bound, I feel...

Superb player, but you would ruin him there. He is a proper 10, he can pull the strings from there, you just have to give him that freedom he needs by putting to guys to do the dirty job for him. Just like Cholo did with Thiago and Mario tonight.

___ Koke ___

_Matic Vidal__

As I said, great player, but Barcelona bound, I feel...

That right there, would be the best midfield in the world. I know the chances of him coming here are slim to none, but hey, sue me for dreaming. Don't know about Barça, I actually haven't read or heard any rumors about him since he renewed his contract and had a 60M release clause inserted into it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You