OneMoSalah

Young Spanish midfielder playing for Atletico. He has bags of potential, very versatile but hes best in central midfield. A lot of talk likening him to Xavi, from what I've seen this season he'd be a good buy for us. Last season he completed something like 30% of his through balls and created 80 chances. Hes got 6 assists so far this season too, joint top with Cesc Fabregas. He averages 1.9 tackles per game (last season he averaged 2.5 tackles per game), showing he also puts a good shift in defensively.

Think hes got senior caps for Spain but I'm not sure.

A lot of reports linking him to Manchester City and Manchester United but I feel we need him more than those teams.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good player. A bit like Oscar in a sense that he's not flashy but he can be extremely effective. Haven't seen much of Atletico this season but I hear he's been even better than last year.

Was wondering why we didn't have a thread for him.

I think he's a great alternative to the likes of Gundogan who would cost a fortune and is a bit injury prone. Especially if his buyout is only 17m.

All these DLPs we dream about in the pivot would all cost a bomb (Witsel etc.). I don't know why we're not targeting someone like him who we could develop into our own Alonso/Modric etc.

Was wondering why we didn't have a thread for him.

I think he's a great alternative to the likes of Gundogan who would cost a fortune and is a bit injury prone. Especially if his buyout is only 17m.

All these DLPs we dream about in the pivot would all cost a bomb (Witsel etc.). I don't know why we're not targeting someone like him who we could develop into our own Alonso/Modric etc.

Koke is an attacking midfielder, not a central one.

No he isn't, hes played in central midfield for Atleti this year and has 6 assists there. He can play as a #10 or on either flank as well but Simeone has used him in a deeper role so far this season.

No he isn't, hes played in central midfield for Atleti this year and has 6 assists there. He can play as a #10 or on either flank as well but Simeone has used him in a deeper role so far this season.

In all Atletico formations I have seen and in his transfermarkt page he is an AM.

I think you're high. He's played in central midfield once this entire season and that was in a midfield 3 vs. Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey. He's been deployed as a winger every other game, getting 6 assists as a winger and 1 assist in that Madrid derby, taking his tally to 7. He's also only played 20 minutes in the #10 role for Atletico Madrid.

He is a flank player.

I think you're high. He's played in central midfield once this entire season and that was in a midfield 3 vs. Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey. He's been deployed as a winger every other game, getting 6 assists as a winger and 1 assist in that Madrid derby, taking his tally to 7. He's also only played 20 minutes in the #10 role for Atletico Madrid.

He is a flank player.

exactly...

He is a flank player.

I think what @ is trying to say is that it's not all about where someone plays, it's about what attributes he has. Is he going to bomb down the wing, skill and cross? No. He'll pretty much 1-2 it all the way up the field by the looks of it. He plays on the flank, yes, but that doesn't mean you can pigeon-hole him as a 'flank player' ; as he seems to be comfortable anywhere in midfield.

Him playing one game as CM isn't really an argument against him playing there if it was in Aletico's biggest game of the season, which they won. It should say something.

Besides, Scholes didn't start as a DLP did he? He simply had the attributes to adapt. Seems like Koke can too except it looks like he can tackle as well!

I think what @ is trying to say is that it's not all about where someone plays, it's about what attributes he has. Is he going to bomb down the wing, skill and cross? No. He'll pretty much 1-2 it all the way up the field by the looks of it. He plays on the flank, yes, but that doesn't mean you can pigeon-hole him as a 'flank player' ; as he seems to be comfortable anywhere in midfield.

Him playing one game as CM isn't really an argument against him playing there if it was in Aletico's biggest game of the season, which they won. It should say something.

Besides, Scholes didn't start as a DLP did he? He simply had the attributes to adapt. Seems like Koke can too except it looks like he can tackle as well!

Stop with this "he could potentialy in parrarel universe play in CM position despite he never realy did" bullshit. And Chelsea isnt club for developing talents and making them something else. Schools is one in million, but he had long support from Saf aswell. At Chelsea, you have one shot; make it or break it. We wont magicaly make Koke a CM. Simply sign someone who is playing this position all career. Even for premium, we have money afterall.

We signed Oscar because of that thought, but kid is best at CAM. Koke is very fine player, but far from what we need. He isnt close to Xabi mould (what we need) and that means no-go.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You