3-5-1-1 Formation

mac.bo

I like the thought of

Luiz/Terry/Ivanavic

Bertrand Oscar Mikel Ramires Azili

Mata

Torres

Playing the 5 in midfield with a flexible inverted V shape especially at home would give us more dominance in midfield and with the legs of Bertrand/Azil on the left/right up and down and Mikel sweeping up in front of defence. Loads of energy in this squad for a pressing game without the ball,until we get a world class Cm or 2 i think we will struggle to control games.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the thought of

Luiz/Terry/Ivanavic

Bertrand Oscar Mikel Ramires Azili

Mata

Torres

Playing the 5 in midfield with a flexible inverted V shape especially at home would give us more dominance in midfield and with the legs of Bertrand/Azil on the left/right up and down and Mikel sweeping up in front of defence. Loads of energy in this squad for a pressing game without the ball,until we get a world class Cm or 2 i think we will struggle to control games.

I have always thought there are times when 3 5 2 could be used and not just when chasing a game late on

Jose has used a similar formation in our games when we are drawing or losing, against Cardiff we switched to a 3-4-1-2 kind of formation for about 15 minutes until we got 2-1 up then went back to a back 4. Its a typical Jose move, taking a fullback off and putting a striker on when his teams are losing or drawing.

Nah we have so many good AM, it does not make sense to play with only 1

Yeah but we keep them fresh by rotation and use subs also the amount of games we wilm have during the course of the season we will need them also i said the formation is flexible so the Am can be smart with the other midfielders and attack and defend as a unit.

I have always thought there are times when 3 5 2 could be used and not just when chasing a game late on

Yeah agree attack attack attack especially at home when most teams only get afew chances anyway! And with the 5 in midfield in would surley help as the Cm in my humble opinion is in need of authorative worldclass person or two.

Yeah but we keep them fresh by rotation and use subs also the amount of games we wilm have during the course of the season we will need them also i said the formation is flexible so the Am can be smart with the other midfielders and attack and defend as a unit.

What I am really saying is 3411 has only one slot for an am whereas we have 6-7 very good am. It is whole another story if we are chasing a goal because in that case we can play them as winger/wing back

Schurrle on the left. De Bruyne on the right and Mata in the middle if you fancy using 3 Am at a time , as my post went i was thinking a flexible 5 in the middle , and bertrand/azpi have played further up in their careers and lb/rd have youth on their side to run up and down flanks. In my ideal world tho we need a worldclass new Cm ie (A new F.Lampard/M.Essien ) To control the middle of the park!

What I am really saying is 3411 has only one slot for an am whereas we have 6-7 very good am. It is whole another story if we are chasing a goal because in that case we can play them as winger/wing back

Your formation is flawed already lol it has 1 player short so you can chuck another am in that free slot.