Nicolás Otamendi

So much written, still so little said. My view is still the same, nothing has changed & nothing will.

suit your self. continue with the negativity. meanwhile, i ll keep my blind faith in the best manager in the world and trust him to know what the right thing is.

#KTBFFH.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suit your self. continue with the negativity. meanwhile, i ll keep my blind faith in the best manager in the world and trust him to know what the right thing is.

#KTBFFH.

Well, you do that & I will question his debatable dealings.

This reminds me of the Tal Ben Haim signing. Mou tends to fuck up those low-profile signings. Pizarro, Ben-Haim, Sidwell, Boularouz, Sahin the list is veeery long. I'm quite sure Otamendi -even though not that low profile because of the pricetag, but still would only be our 2nd CB backup- would fall into that category

While Mangala is a physical beast, Otamendi is the brain behind the pair...

I rate him quite well. Could be taller, but is great in every defending aspect. Good technique also...

I think Garay is in a different level, so does the Argentina coach.

Do you think he would be an improvement on anyone of our CB's?

Now, I read Otamendi likes to play a high line, so he can appear to be playing in defensive midfield, breaking up play & starting attacks. That´s common weakness of many defenders in PL, see Luiz & that might not sit well with Jose.

Do you think he would be an improvement on anyone of our CB's?

Don't think so... Hard to imagine him fitting in the Premier, I think he would struggle in a more "physical-driven" league.

I imagine him in top Spanish / Italian sides.

On the other hand... Mangala would be perfect.

Don't think so... Hard to imagine him fitting in the Premier, I think he would struggle in a more "physical-driven" league.

I imagine him in top Spanish / Italian sides.

On the other hand... Mangala would be perfect.

Perhaps but look at Carvalho when he arrived. Not much on him but he was quick and technically good.

I thought this Otamendi fella was decent. But I've only seen Porto play a few times, so my viewing sample size isn't exactly fantastic. Maybe the money would be better spent on an average English/homegrown CB? And god knows, average and English go together like lime and Corona these days.

I thought this Otamendi fella was decent. But I've only seen Porto play a few times, so my viewing sample size isn't exactly fantastic. Maybe the money would be better spent on an average English/homegrown CB? And god knows, average and English go together like lime and Corona these days.

already have an average at best cb in cahill. dont want the club swarming with players like him

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Agent came out and said he wants to leave today, also has a 50m euros as a release clause. Imo he has been the best BBVA CB this season and he is being heavily linked with MU, maybe we should at least compete?

Valencia president: "It's €50M or nothing."

Not even the typical he's not going anywhere talk. I'm sure they would sell for less. They just say this to up his price, same with Benatia last season and countless other examples. This is his chance to join the elite and Valencia will probably be forced to let him leave. £25-30 mil is too much money to refuse. Buying a replacement wouldn't be too hard with the prospect of CL football.

He's been brilliant this season, I love his style of defending. Old school Argie hard man. Set-piece threat and more than decent on the ball as well. I'd love him here. I have no idea whether Mourinho will want a new defender. I personally think the team needs a new CB, especially a proactive and more mobile one.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You