Best Athlete in the world

Korea

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered what and who people outside of the United States considered the best athletes in the world...

For myself, I grew up playing basketball, than went to american football and now just do swimming in my spare time.....

Here are my top 5

1. Lebron James

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Russell Westbrook

4. Derrick Rose

5. Calvin Johnson

What I consider is only pure athletic attributes...

Jumping, agility, top speed, power, acceleration, etc...

Who and what are yours?

Gotta agree with you...most basketball players are built like huge,tall,wide brick walls.

Dwayne Wade could easily take out CR7 with swipe :-D

2yqe7yde.jpg

;-)

I went to a division 1 college (for school purposes, not sports) and I played basketball against the football and bball team guys...

All i can say is WOW.. These guys all are built like tanks, can jump out of the gym and run forever with crazy speed and agility.

Even when I played football I was considered a decent athlete, but these guys were on a whole different level.. Even the 300lb lineman were athletic beasts.

I serious think the best athletes are all in the NFL or NBA, they might not be skilled', but athletic beast they are...

Cant go wrong with Lebron...he has everything. its hard to consider soccer players here since their upper bodies arent nearly as developed as other sports athletes.

What is an upside in one end is a downside in the other...

For instance, in a race of 400-500m, Lebron would still be half way thorugh when CR7 or Djokovich finishes it. Also, James isnt prepared to play 6h of tennis or 90mins of football with no timeouts!

For me, it is particularly hard to compara different sports, but names like Usain Bolt, Cristiano Ronaldo, Adrien Pieterson and Novak Djokovich/Rafael Nadal should definitely be amongst the first in the list.

Not to take anything away from Lebron, he is a beast, but he has his flaws as an athlete too.

What is an upside in one end is a downside in the other...

For instance, in a race of 400-500m, Lebron would still be half way thorugh when CR7 or Djokovich finishes it. Also, James isnt prepared to play 6h of tennis or 90mins of football with no timeouts!

of course Lebron wouldnt dominate everyone in every contest. but he would do better than most or all if you tested all forms of athleticism. ive seen Ronaldo try to throw a baseball. :)

of course Lebron wouldnt dominate everyone in every contest. but he would do better than most or all if you tested all forms of athleticism. ive seen Ronaldo try to throw a baseball. :)

What does this has to do with anything? Being the best athlete is being the best all around human who is capable of exceeding others in physical tasks. Throwing a baseball doesnt fit the criteria (or anything similar to that), it is a technique and that has nothing to do with the discussion!

I have not seeing Adrien Pieterson or Lebron James trying to kick a ball and neither I want to...

What does this has to do with anything? Being the best athlete is being the best all around human who is capable of exceeding others in physical tasks. Throwing a baseball doesnt fit the criteria (or anything similar to that), it is a technique and that has nothing to do with the discussion!

I have not seeing Adrien Pieterson or Lebron James trying to kick a ball and neither I want to...

the best athletes can play other sports w/o much training just because they are incredibly athletic. my point is that since soccer players dont use or develop their upper bodies nearly as much as other athletes they are at a disadvantage for overall athleticism.

ive been around sports all my life...soccer, football, basketball, hockey...and the best athletes are the basketball players and the position players in football(receivers, cornerbacks, linebackers) they are freaks of nature that can do it all.

SBW > those two

Yeah, Sunny Bill is great and all that (I am a Roosters man) but I feel he isn't as physically dominant as Folau and Inglis. A better, smarter player definitely but Inglis is a fucking tank.

Not that I'm saying Sunny Bill isn't physically dominant, the man is a beast. Though to be honest I guess I'd still give the edge to Sunny Bill and Folau because they have played more than just rugby.

I agree with Rmpr, Tennis probably needs more athleticism than basketball or football, but you can't really compare athletes from different sports. How do you compare a powerhouse like Lebron to someone as fit and agile as Djokovic or as fast as Ronaldo.

Tennis does not require more athleticism than basketball. They have the advantage in endurance and stamina but that's it.

Basketball players are easily the most athletic on the planet.

And on the rugby vs American football argument I'm sorry, but football here WITHIN THE ACTUAL GAME is much more dangerous and violent and MILES more athletic. Not talking all of this fist fights from that video on the last page, but the stuff within the game. You have players that are 250+ lbs that can run as fast as Theo Walcott. You have physical beasts like Calvin Johnson who are 6'5" and weigh 240 and can still run as fast as a world class sprinter while wearing pads.

And remember, they also all wear weapons on their heads.