Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

The transfer market seems to strongly disagree with most of your opinions.

The valuations of the players are based on a number of factors, including the stats you point to. The weight you put on such stats contrasts drastically with such valuations though.

Sandro was starting for Brazil at one point, and once again, until Nigeria reaches Brazil level, that should be enough as a differential. Sandro was a strong Milan transfer target at some other point after a strong champions league performance against them.

Sandro is a lot more aggressive than Mikel; picks cards and plays far more physically than Mikel does (Mikel never picks up cards for a DM). He has a wider passing range (same as Essien does), and had long-range shooting again like Essien (Mikel can't shoot from distance for his life). Sandro is only 24 and his development has been hindered by a long-term knee injury so we have to wait and see.

No idea about Capoe since he's a new player and fairly young at that.

Back to Mikel, if you are right and he is indeed as good as you claim he is in what you claim he is good at, then he is still a very limited player who can only be used in certain games and situations where we are pressured for possession. NEver more than a rotation player for me. Again we will see how well he can keep possession when we are under pressure. Was not impressed against United and City last season. * The ability to keep possession is only important when the opponent actually wants to take the football from you.

The market is completely random and is affected by factors that have nothing to do with ability at times. Just look at the fact that Torres cost 50m while Villa cost 3!

I was actually talking about Capoue who, to me, looks like another hyped up youngster for nothing. Sandro is decent, but he doesn't have the technical ability, tactical awareness or passing of Mikel.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The market is completely random and is affected by factors that have nothing to do with ability at times. Just look at the fact that Torres cost 50m while Villa cost 3!

I was actually talking about Capoue who, to me, looks like another hyped up youngster for nothing. Sandro is decent, but he doesn't have the technical ability, tactical awareness or passing of Mikel.

fair enough on Capoue, but one cannot ignore the transfer market and player valuations. It's one of the very few facts we here "work" (as in have fun) with.

You obviously didn't see him in the EPL, though. Before he was injured he looked no where near PL quality. Terrible first touch, zero positional awareness and dodgy passing. I'd rather have Romeu over him, let alone Mikel.

I did saw, and you are the first i know to say he was awful and not great. Everyone i read or heard saying he was at least very good. well... on the other hand you like Mikel, so... we have different views i guess.

Sandro's a fan-favourite at Spurs and for good reason tbh, would swap him straight with Mikel

People who keep lying to themselves in utter denial are both childish and dishonest.

Why the need to deride other good players just because they don't play for us?

Sandro is top drawer and is coming back from a terrible ligament injury, he was the best in his position in the league prior to that. I saw Spurs' Europa League match and he looked quick and fit again, if he plays our midfield will have a battle ahead.

I love football and part of that passion consists of appreciating the game in general, and that includes all good players.

Having said that, I think we will win the match because of our attacking midfielders and the ferocious pressing Jose is implementing, it's just a shame Ramires will probably not be fit.

Villa cost Barca £35m + addons.

Support are players and lets dominate on and off the pitch. Tottenham will fold under the pressure, there big game players are untested in the heat of battle. Jose via tactical masterclass to lead us onto a well deserved victory. Are shots have to hit the net sooner or later. The jury is out on Tottenhams defence until they play the top 3.

All this criticism of Sandro and calling Sandro shit is wrong imo.

Hes a top player, reminds me a bit of Yaya Toure (not exactly the same position, Toures a box to box player and Sandro's a holder), really aggressive, very strong, carries the ball very well, good shot from distance. Course hes not as technically gifted or tactically aware as Mikel or whoever but hes a massive player for Spurs. We need to be very wary hes a top player who is a vital cog of the Spur's team, very combative and breaking moves up in the middle of the park. Also Erik Lamela was very very good against Villa last night, we need to stop him getting space and playing clever balls in behind for Soldado/Defoe, also the same with Eriksen, Mikel and Lampard/Ramires need to be very wary and disciplined (which Mikel is usually not so sure about Lampard or Ramires at times though) to stop him influencing the game.

I think we'll play this team:

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Mikel-Rami/Lamps

Schurrle-Oscar-Hazard

Eto'o

Even with spurs poor goal tally from open play watch us concede 2 goals to them. 2-2 is my prediction.

Would rather play mata but in reality none of our CAMs are in good form atm. We need Hazard to show up and be the difference maker.

Even with spurs poor goal tally from open play watch us concede 2 goals to them. 2-2 is my prediction.

Would rather play mata but in reality none of our CAMs are in good form atm. We need Hazard to show up and be the difference maker.

Really?

Oscar was pretty decent mate in last couple of game he played. I'm sure Eto'o will starting in this one cause i think Torres will get isolated easily against Spuds defenders plus now they had Paulinho to cut every penetration passes from our midfield.

How I wish Mourinho will give us Mazacar in this one. Since remember how Mata humiliating Kyle Wanker last time around.

Really?

Yes,, none have really done anything too special if you ask me.

Mata hasnt had much game time but when he's on you can tell somethings not right atm.

And with oscar, this praising of balance he brings to the team is costing us going forward as we have no real creator on the pitch. Some one posted the stats of the few chances he's created this season.

So all in all yeah our CAMs aren't quite there yet.

People who keep lying to themselves in utter denial are both childish and dishonest.

Why the need to deride other good players just because they don't play for us?

Sandro is top drawer and is coming back from a terrible ligament injury, he was the best in his position in the league prior to that. I saw Spurs' Europa League match and he looked quick and fit again, if he plays our midfield will have a battle ahead.

I love football and part of that passion consists of appreciating the game in general, and that includes all good players.

Having said that, I think we will win the match because of our attacking midfielders and the ferocious pressing Jose is implementing, it's just a shame Ramires will probably not be fit.

Who he plays for has f*** all to do with anything. I just don't rate Sandro as a player. Actually, I do rate him; like I said, I think he's very decent player, just no where near "the best player in the league for his position". He's just too aggressive for a DM, imo. He commits himself needlessly at times and leaves the back four exposed. His passing is also no where near the level of the likes of Carrick, Song and Mikel. But that's just my opinion.