Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Mourinho come with a completely unexpected lineup especially because of Ramires' injury (if confirmed he won't play).

One might think he may go with a more defensive formation (if he abandons the formations he's been using with 4 backs, a double pivot, 2 AM's and 1 ST), I'd say the opposite. I guess José is up for a surprising lineup. I can see Oscar + 3 AM's.

If Ramires doesn't start I would want to see Mikel - Essien and possibly us playing with a false nine so we can control the midfield, if not, then Torres gets the nod for the centre foward position.

Mikel - Essien

Schurrle - Mata or Willian - Hazard (reasoning: we have a plethora of ACMs, we may as well use them. All interchanging)

Oscar

Or:

Mikel - Essien

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

We might see Luiz in DM though which isn't bad either.

If Ramires doesn't start I would want to see Mikel - Essien and possibly us playing with a false nine so we can control the midfield, if not, then Torres gets the nod for the centre foward position.

Mikel - Essien

Schurrle - Mata or Willian - Hazard (reasoning: we have a plethora of ACMs, we may as well use them. All interchanging)

Oscar

Or:

Mikel - Essien

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

We might see Luiz in DM though which isn't bad either.

You won't see Luiz in midfield.

Schurrle should start and most likely will since he was rested. He's shown the most amount of penetration out of all our wide AMs. Ok, no end product yet but at least he's finding himself in those positions - which is more than others can say. He was fantastic against Bayern and should have a similar amount of space to run into in this game.

their best Center Back partnership = ours

our full backs = theirs

their pivot >>>> ours

our AMs >>> theirs

their striker > ours

our manager > theirs

I think they have the edge :(