Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ramires out, then this game might boil down to how well Oscar is playing.

Just think after this weekend we would have already played three of last season's top six away from home, the worst that could happen is we could 5 points off the top, and given that would be to serial North London bottlers, it ain't exactly a disaster.

We have a good record at Three point lane over the years, no backing down. They have had fixture congestion to contend with, I see us coming out on top 3-0. They are poor defensively and will fold under concerted pressure, plenty of counter attacking chances.

We have a good record at Three point lane over the years, no backing down. They have had fixture congestion to contend with, I see us coming out on top 3-0. They are poor defensively and will fold under concerted pressure, plenty of counter attacking chances.

They are poor defensively? Yet they have only conceded 1 goal in 9 games in all competitions this season laughingsmiley001.gif

They are poor defensively? Yet they have only conceded 1 goal in 9 games in all competitions this season laughingsmiley001.gif

That's true, but i think that's more to do with the midfield than defense, we need to find a way to get through their midfield and get at their back line. Because Dawson is like their Cahill (good squad player), Vertonghen isn't that good defensively, Kaboul is returning from a long term injury, Rose is suspect defensively and as for Walker? best not go there.

17da44ed81b679937c2e3b7f02f7dc94.png

c7528ead8e9326dc987edba5186a027e.png

Tottenham have won their last 5 home matches in the Premier League

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham's last 6 games in the Premier League.

Tottenham have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 home matches in the Premier League.

Chelsea are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 matches in the Premier League.

I would stick with the same lineup used against Fulham except Torres replacing Eto'o. If Rami could not be available, then we have no choice but to go with Lamps.

Mata could start if he play no. 10 but knowing Mourinho, and the fact that Oscar hitting top notch only means the Spaniard will be left out again because he really mediocre on the flank.

Match up between the Master and the Apprentice. Sounds interesting but i see a rather boring game.

A draw or a win for Spurs in the last quarter is with i feel. We would be playing very much like we did at United .. sitting deep with our defensive line with the double pivot only involved to assist the defense (crowding it out at the back) ... Trying to play long balls for counter and see if we can make something out of it (I hope and pray that i m wrong).

The possible line up:
Torres

Hazard --- Oscar ---- Schurrle

Lampard ---- Mikel

Cole --- Terry --- Luiz --- Ivanovic

Cech

Stats, analyses or previous meetings won´t help Chelsea on Saturday.

Currently, the Spurs are playing better football than Chelsea. Conceded only one goal so far, playing at home, I wouldn´t be surprised to see Chelsea getting blanked here.

On the paper, they look better at the moment, but knowing Jose's capacity of getting the best out of the players when it really matters (remember the match against Bayern? Who would've thought that we'll get so close to winning that one?), I think we could beat them on their own ground.

I would like to see Essien-Mikel instead of Lamps-Mikel.