Melanicus

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bet they didnt teach you the triples properly

Don't even remember what the triples are so I'll just say they didn't teach me them haha.

Absolutely no idea what "2nd year" is, but alright! :P

In Scotland the school system goes as such

You do primary 1 to primary 7, taking you from 6 years old to 12 years old.

Then you go into high school aged 12, do 1st year to 6th year (if you chose to stay on after 4th year after your 16 years old)...

Don't even remember what the triples are so I'll just say they didn't teach me them haha.

Then you go into high school aged 12, do 1st year to 6th year (if you chose to stay on after 4th year after you 16 years old)...

one year on from England. weve really confused the foreigners now... :D

Then you go into high school aged 12, do 1st year to 6th year (if you chose to stay on after 4th year after your 16 years old)...

Here the primary is 1st to 5th grade.Then you have four years of middle(?) school ending with a common official exam that all 9th graders take. You go into high school at the age of about 14-15 and you three years in high school ending in another official exam except in twelve grade you have four different "majors" you choose to study. But I think you study one more year than us since you have 13 grades.

I think it's the French system that we have here.

Here the primary is 1st to 5th grade.Then you have four years of middle(?) school ending with a common official exam that all 9th graders take. You go into high school at the age of about 14-15 and you three years in high school ending in another official exam except in twelve grade you have four different "majors" you choose to study. But I think you study one more year than us since you have 13 grades.

Your schooling system sounds really confusing, 3 different schools? wow haha.

Your schooling system sounds really confusing, 3 different schools? wow haha.

Well you don't necessarily have to physically change schools. Some schools combine all three! They're just differentiated by what they are called. For example, I studied the first primarry grade along with the first three years, not sure what you call that level in English, in one school, the second primary to the first middle grade in another and the rest at another.

Well you don't necessarily have to physically change schools. Some schools combine all three! They're just differentiated by what they are called. For example, I studies the first primarry grade along with the first three years, not sure what you call that level in English, in one school, the second primary to the first middle grade in another and the rest at another.

I taught in Kenya ,,,almost all went to primary school . they took a leaving exam at 13 ..the best moved on to secondary ...some would repeat years till they passed

I taught in a Government Secondary School our first year pupils were aged 13 to TWENTY FIVE . the oldest had children almost as old as the youngest ..

AND all pupils had to wear short trousers,

I taught in Kenya ,,,almost all went to primary school . they took a leaving exam at 13 ..the best moved on to secondary ...some would repeat years till they passed

I taught in a Government Secondary School our first year pupils were aged 13 to TWENTY FIVE . the oldest had children almost as old as the youngest ..

AND all pupils had to wear short trousers,

Wow, the oldest I've seen here was class mate of mine in 8th grade when I was 12. He was 16; he had repeated classes 4 times. But eventually those who fail move to technical schools or to professions that don't require a degree like carpenter, painter, hair-cutter (I know that's not a word, but I can't remember what the word is! My English is so weak when it comes to every day practical stuff because they never come up in books or songs :lol: )

I guess it's different in Kenya.

Wow, the oldest I've seen here was class mate of mine in 8th grade when I was 12. He was 16; he had repeated classes 4 times. But eventually those who fail move to technical schools or to professions that don't require a degree like carpenter, painter, hair-cutter (I know that's not a word, but I can't remember what the word is! My English is so weak when it comes to every day practical stuff because they never come up in books or songs :lol: )

there's nothing wrong with your English ...............it's your lame brained ideas on football :readthemessage:

barber? hair stylist? lol

Anyway in my view, having a trade is not necessarily a bad thing, course you're doing manual labour basically for the rest of your life in comparison to some jobs like lawyer, doctor, or whatever but its not really too bad. About an hour and a half away from where I stay, place called Nigg is creating over 5000 job opportunities for tradesmen like electricians, riggers, welders, fabricators and whatever else due to some company trying to harvest renewable energy from windmills and all sorts. Wouldn't mind a job there in the not too distant future, seems like its really starting to take off.

Exactly like here in Brazil!

there's nothing wrong with your English ...............it's your lame brained ideas on football :readthemessage:

I could say the same for you :P

Anyway in my view, having a trade is not necessarily a bad thing, course you're doing manual labour basically for the rest of your life in comparison to some jobs like lawyer, doctor, or whatever but its not really too bad. About an hour and a half away from where I stay, place called Nigg is creating over 5000 job opportunities for tradesmen like electricians, riggers, welders, fabricators and whatever else due to some company trying to harvest renewable energy from windmills and all sorts. Wouldn't mind a job there in the not too distant future, seems like its really starting to take off.

Barber! LOL That's the one :lol:

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong about that. In fact, with the unemployment rates currently in the whole region, it is much better than business majors, for example, who can't find a job anywhere, atm. But personally, I've always been a guy who can accomplish more with his brain than hands.

WANT to make money ...be a dentist , a vet or a plumber ....of course if you are an absolute shit you cold become a politician