What will José Mourinho's Chelsea look like?

SeB

:clap: for the who article, but this point in particular which has distorted the views of many people. It is particularly evident in the case of Mata who was practically exempted from defensive duties even under Benitez.

It should also be borne in mind that the absence of instructions defensive has certainly had the effect of distorting lens when analyzing the performance of Juan Mata and Eden Hazard in the past,

This as well is an excellent point:

Interrogation elements however remain about the relative value of players away from their optimal form ( Hazard, Mata, Eto'o ) which must then make sure to optimize their running to the benefit of the group before being able to make differences with the ball.

But about the recovery system, since we are forcing opponents to the bi-line (something I've noticed as well), then why play Iva over Azpi despite his lack of tendency to stop crosses. In every single game this season there has been at least on one occasion, Iva's inability to stop a cross has resulted in a chance (Benteke's goal, Salah's goal..etc).

Another thing I wanted to ask you about is what you think Jose asked the pivot to do differently in the past couple of games. He's obviously opted for Mikel over Frank, possibly for his defensive abilities or Ramires' inability to play the deeper holding role as well as Mikel does as evident by the Manu and especially the Bayern game. But you could see, especially from the Fulham game that Mikel has been give a different role than his usual holding role because he was sometimes making runs after passing the ball and providing numerical advantage. He isn't playing exactly like Ramires because Mikel was still the one who picked the ball up from the back four and combined with the fullbacks much more often, but it was somewhere between the original double pivot with completely same roles and interchangeable positions and the holding-box to box pivot we've played in the past.

The way I look at this whole "Mata should start!!", "KDB should play more!", "Oscar should be in the pivot" etc etc etc. is:

At the end of the day, Mou knows what he's doing and he's building the best possible team, and I trust him to do that.

So while I might feel bad for Mata, I know that its probably for the best and eventually its all going to be ok, we're going to be a great team. We might have to see some things we dont like, like Iva as a RB, like Mata not playing..

Try to think long-term guys. Mou's here to stay.

• 3 months later...