Breaching Roberto Martinez's philosophy

hjperdeath

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm debatable tbh. McCarthy will easily make the team, Barry on the other hand, I have my doubts.

I'm eager to see how much playing time he'll have as Gibson and McCarthy are likely to start altogether. And Gibson's long play is another asset that Barry may not have (in terms of frequence, pace and purpose), as both him and Barry can similarily pass the ball sideways like Martinez expects from his DP

I'm eager to see how much playing time he'll have as Gibson and McCarthy are likely to start altogether. And Gibson's long play is another asset that Barry may not have (in terms of frequence, pace and purpose), as both him and Barry can similarily pass the ball sideways like Martinez expects from his DP

Yeah does have the slight edge over Barry. Anyways he is really decent cover .

Yeah does have the slight edge over Barry. Anyways he is really decent cover .

Anyway both fit the role as they're tactically good enough to cover and fill gaps. Anyway Gibson's injury record (even if Martinez's staff will monitor it as he emphasises on physiotherapy etc... - has graduated) may settle things for everyone, he'll miss one game out of three or four and Barry will play 30% of the games

And yeah, Everton is a step upper than WBA for Lukaku, with all respect that I've for WBA and the way they're relevant tactically for what they do (play deep, ZM centrally to allow crosses in then pick second balls and counter attack from it). Lukaku will play in a team playing possession football, much higher up on the pitch. He won't have acres of spaces in counter attack anymore, won't be used as a super sub as well (where he was the most efficient I though, though he was predictable and wasteful when starting games).

He'll be expected to provide genuine rupture in Everton's sterile passing interplay in the final third, so then will have to be sharp and unpredictable enough to get service and be useful, use space properly and not with the freedom (meaning: doesn't needs to do the perfect run to get the ball in a tight interval) a counter-attack team allowed

This. I would have been very disappointed had he went back to WBA as I don't think he has much to learn any more in their system. I think he needed this loan to a team that plays possession football high up the pitch in order to be ready to be a starter here. To be quite honest I really don't expect him to do as well at Everton as he did at WBA. I'll be very (happily) surprised if he gets anything near 17 goals this season.

EPL as a whole, then definitely, but I believe there's a loan clause in which he can't play against his parent club !

It's not a clause in the loan but rather an FA rule that loaned players in England (or is it only in the EPL?) can't play against their parent clubs.

This. I would have been very disappointed had he went back to WBA as I don't think he has much to learn any more in their system. I think he needed this loan to a team that plays possession football high up the pitch in order to be ready to be a starter here. To be quite honest I really don't expect him to do as well at Everton as he did at WBA. I'll be very (happily) surprised if he gets anything near 17 goals this season.

It's not a clause in the loan but rather an FA rule that loaned players in England (or is it only in the EPL?) can't play against their parent clubs.

Damn it I've been playing too much football manager . :|