test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Loaned Out Christian Atsu

Started by Jason,

272 posts in this topic

Born in Ada Foah, Ghana, Atsu joined Porto at the age of 17, having begun his career at the Feyernoord academy in Ghana. Though he was briefly involved with the first team squad under André Villas-Boas he was soon loaned to top-flight Portuguese side Rio Ave and would spend the 2011-12 season at the club, featuring regularly. Returning to Porto for the 2012-13 season, he went on to make nine starts and eight substitute appearances over the course of the season, scoring once.

On 1 September 2013 Chelsea confirmed that Atsu had signed for the club and would spend the season on loan at Vitesse Arnhem. The fee was reported to be £3.5m. He immediately became a first choice starter in a central attacking midfield position, playing alongside Lucas Piazon and displacing Gael Kakuta from the Vitesse side.

Click here to view the record

Awesome, hope he can make a real impact here, he's so quick. i can't wait to watch Vitesse Arnhem this season. Gonna really follow those lot.

It is a typical future investment the club is hoping to pay-out in the very long term. It can become a superb deal or it can become a non-existing factor in our history. Only time will tell....

However, our first team attacking options are already very young (no one has more than 26), so I find it very difficult for him to break into the team for the next 2-3 years.

We now have Piazon, Atsu and Moses loaned out!

I'm seriously going to make an effort and watch at least 3 full live Vitesse games this season. It'd be rude not to.

Best part is they're entertaining to watch, you won't regret it. :D

Styles likes this

It should be illegal for Vitesse to have so many of our players! Atsu is going to completely destroy defenders all season in Holland with their really average defenders (well, typically). He will be amazing to watch.

It should be illegal for Vitesse to have so many of our players! Atsu is going to completely destroy defenders all season in Holland with their really average defenders (well, typically). He will be amazing to watch.

Atsu play like a Hulk , isn't it ?

To be totally honest, he looks like Kakuta 2.0 to me. Nothing really that special.

It'll be interesting now since they'll be competing in the same squad!

actually they are our feeder club, so it ain't exactly illegal.

To be totally honest, he looks like Kakuta 2.0 to me. Nothing really that special.

It'll be interesting now since they'll be competing in the same squad!

From the very little I've seen Atsu is much faster and more direct than Kakuta. Different type of players and not really comparable in my opinion.

It is a typical future investment the club is hoping to pay-out in the very long term. It can become a superb deal or it can become a non-existing factor in our history. Only time will tell....

However, our first team attacking options are already very young (no one has more than 26), so I find it very difficult for him to break into the team for the next 2-3 years.

We know have Piazon, Atsu and Moses loaned out!

you forgot a Hazard that could be dangerous

CHOULO19 likes this

Let's be fair, at 15, Kakuta was a pretty special talent.

Well at 15, sure, but the likes of Freddy Adu (remember him?) were being touted as being the world's next big thing at that age. Hazard is actually the same age as Kakuta, but world football never really heard of him until his 3rd/2nd last season a Lille. We all know that you can never really tell at that age, no matter how talented they may seem. I'm strictly talking about now since they're only 1 year apart from one another.

From the very little I've seen Atsu is much faster and more direct than Kakuta. Different type of players and not really comparable in my opinion.

They can be different types of players, but I just don't see much of a difference in terms of the level they're at. And since they're a similar age (Atsu 21, Kakuta 22) and since Kakuta will never touch our first team, I don't see this guy doing it. Especially when you consider the level Hazard (22), Oscar (21), de Bruyne (22) and Lukaku (20) are playing at already.

Maybe if we signed the likes of Bruma (18) instead, I'd be a little bit more optimistic.

CHOULO19 likes this

ESSIEN HAILS ATSU ABILITIES

I've known Christian for a little while now, and I saw him when we met up with the national team recently,' he tells the official Chelsea website. 'He's a level-headed boy, a very good player and hopefully he will do well for Chelsea in the future.

'He is a winger who plays mainly on the right-hand side although he is left-footed, so he likes to cut inside, and he is quite quick as well. He is only young but already you can see he has an eye for goal.

'For a young player he is already quite experienced because he played a few matches for Porto in last season's Champions League. The loan move should be good for him as hopefully it will allow him to play more regular first team football.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3456942/title/essien-hails-atsu-abilities