Liverpool Vs Chelsea

James

Would be nice, though as I think Ollie has posted, only 3 goals in the last 6 Euro encounters. Overall though we've the upper hand in the 18 meetings since the arrival of ''Huuunbeleefable''.

If our team is motivated by revenge and goes about it coldly, can see us getting 3, possibly. Like you said in the previous encounters, our undoing was caution, and sitting back.

Well hopefully the team will be right up for it, going out to them twice at this stage should be more than enough motivation for the players to go out and try their hardest to do them. 100% commitment and positive attitude is needed, closing down and a hunger to get on the ball......

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is confident his side can end Chelsea's UEFA Champions League dreams for a third time.

Chelsea have suffered semi-final heartbreak twice in the last three seasons against Liverpool and Gerrard has backed his team-mates to make it a hat-trick.

Gerrard believes Liverpool's never-say-die attotude will help them get the better of Chelsea over the two legs and book their place in the Moscow showpiece next month.

"I have a lot of confidence in us doing what it takes to get to another final over the course of the 180 minutes," insisted Gerrard.

"This team never knows when it's beaten.

"Some teams wilt and chuck it when the going gets tough. That's not the case with us.

Battle

"We'll battle and scrap and believe in our ability to do whatever it takes - here at Anfield or down there on their patch - to progress in the European Cup.

"It's the biggest trophy there is - look at some of the clubs who have competed in it over the years without winning it.

"There's not a player, manager or fan of any team in Europe who wouldn't say the Champions League is the pinnacle in football.

"That's one of the reasons we are desperate to be there when the destiny of the trophy is decided."

Intimidate

Chelsea believe they have hold the upper hand with the second leg being at Stamford Bridge, but Gerrard says he is not worried about travelling to London for the second leg.

"A lot is being made of the fact that we've got to go down there and play the second leg. It's suggested that it gives them a big advantage," added Gerrard.

"But Stamford Bridge has nothing like the aura about it that Anfield does and it certainly won't intimidate us in the slightest. If we have to go there to finish the job then we will."

What the cunt says at the end about stamford bridge makes me sick.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says his side have nothing to be scared of ahead of their showdown with Liverpool.

The two rivals lock horns in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions for the third time in four seasons on Tuesday night's first leg at Anfield.

Liverpool are hoping to complete a hat-trick of successes against Chelsea at last four stage, but Drogba insists the Blues will be going to Anfield to win.

Drogba is expected to return to the starting line-up after missing the last few games and the Ivory Coast ace believes Chelsea hold all the aces with the second leg to come at Stamford Bridge.

"I'm not in the least bit worried about them," Drogba told The Sun.

"They may have beaten us in the last two Euro semis but this Chelsea team is perfectly capable of winning at Anfield.

"

And how absolutely beautiful that would be!

Key

"The key is to get hold of the tie at Anfield from the start.

"And I think it's also vital that this semi will be decided at Stamford Bridge, which neither of our two previous defeats to Liverpool have been.

"Their manager Rafa Benitez is clever at putting out a team which is fresh for the Champions League because they have such a big squad. Just look at the way they were almost out at 2-2 against Arsenal in the quarter-final.

But they shocked everyone with two goals in six minutes.

"But we've been visualising lifting the trophy for so many seasons. Now we believe we can make it reality."

And how absolutely beautiful that would be! That would be fantastic didier just do it please.

Can't make my mind up between a 1-1 or a 2-0 win for Chelsea......I really hope we go there to kick the shit out of them in their own backyard. 2-0 will be awesome, it'll shut the sickening, thieving little wankers up about their special Anfield European nights, we'll give them a special night alright.

Pumped up about this one as you can tell!

Cant believe some of the optimism on this board today. The majority of people expecting us to win or get a score draw.

That away goal would be crucial and fingers crossed we get it. I'd take 0-0 now.

C'mon Chels.

Lol so, which Liverpool players house is going to get burgled tonight. The 7th isn't it ?

My money is on Torres.

Won't that be on the return leg when the players are in London?

i cant say we will win or draw but i dont want to lose by to much, its hard to play liverpool as much as i want to win and take them back to the brigde and defend! i think we will lose 1 - 0 ( thats fingers crossed) i have been so nerve about this match for 3 days now as my g.f and bro and mate i work with all support liverpool and i wont hear the last of it for weeks! 6 times coming soon!

I want to win so badly at anfield and just hope we can do it remember J.M second first season was it 4 nil or 4 - 1 thats what we need right about now but under grant i have no faith at all in the team and what he is not going to do when if we go 1 nil down!

if i see Kaluo on the wing instead of SWP F.M or J.C i will be pissed off and if i see and.A on the wing its over just think about next year

well dog for a walk, dinner then time to shit myself and worry about losing!

BUT BY ALL MEANS COME ON Chelsea PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER PLD BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am going after all that for a 1 nil to liverpool