Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

if mou really buys him, i have lost really faith in him.

So even before a ball is kicked, you're losing faith in one of our favourite sons because he signs one player!? Seriously, grow up, and look at it positively. We signed a 31-year-old Juliano Belletti, instead of Dani Alves 7 years ago, and it proved to be a useful utility signing.. come the end of his career, he left the club as a huge fan favourite.

Have faith son, Mourinho has a good set of players and he knows what he's doing! If we couldn't sign Rooney or Suarez, I'd be happy with Eto'o for a year or so. Not the best signing, no.. but not a bad one either!

Who cares about Torres at his best...if he wasn't so shit, we wouldn't be talking about Eto'o as a legitimate transfer target.

I'm just posting a video of Torres 5 years ago like he posted a video of Eto'o 5 years ago. It's completely irrelevant. That's my point.

Who cares about Torres at his best...if he wasn't so shit, we wouldn't be talking about Eto'o as a legitimate transfer target.

Thinking about it, we'd probably be saying the same about Rooney down the line. The fact that he is "angry and confused" immediately tells you that he's not right in the head somewhere.. so straight away, very negative mindset. On top of all that, he's probably going to cost us £35-40 million to sign him.. so the way it's going right now, we could potentially add Rooney to a list of blunt, overpaid strikers, which is already being occupied by Svevchenko and of course, Torres.

Eto'o has worked with Mourinho before, has bundles of experience in the top competitions, and players like Lukaku can learn from him. And we'd save so much money in the process.

ONE positive to come from signing Rooney would be the benefit of more English contingent, but that doesn't say a whole lot. I'd love it if we could sign Rooney, but I'm not expecting it!

I'm not sure about that. At his age, he has won everything you can at club level.When he was off his peak, he went to Russia. Even Drogba agreed to play all the way in China at the age of 34 despite being a quality player, for an absurd amount of money. A lot of players do that. Beckham , Henry went to MLS to improve it's stature and other players will do that. It mainly comes down to the fact that they are coming to the fag-ends of their career and want to make as much money as possible because their pension needs to last for atleast 30-40 years more.

Eto'o was about 5 years younger than Drogba was when he left for China. Like I said, I'm not going to comment on his motives but I'm surprised that some people seem prepared to overlook the fact that at the age of 30 he decided to play in a nothing league.

he doesn't need anymore glory because he won everything he could of won at club level. 2 CL, a few BBVA, Serie A and shit load of cups. It was really the right step for him and I am sure any top player in his position would have done the same. Oh and £20m after taxes helped too.

Lamps has won everything he could win - he still wants to nail down a place against Hull City on Saturday.

I don't really have a problem with Eto'o and his decisions, but I'm surprised people want someone who decided two years ago that money was more important than glory and the challenge - but I'm sure he's changed now. His wanting to leave coinciding with the money train coming to a halt is just a coincidence.

So even before a ball is kicked, you're losing faith in one of our favourite sons because he signs one player!? Seriously, grow up, and look at it positively. We signed a 31-year-old Juliano Belletti, instead of Dani Alves 7 years ago, and it proved to be a useful utility signing.. come the end of his career, he left the club as a huge fan favourite.

Have faith son, Mourinho has a good set of players and he knows what he's doing! If we couldn't sign Rooney or Suarez, I'd be happy with Eto'o for a year or so. Not the best signing, no.. but not a bad one either!

well, surely I exagerrated. of course I have faith in Mourinho. he is a genius. but his transfers are sometimes so awkard.

Belletiti wasnt signed as a starter RB, but as a back-up. we now need a starter Striker, someone who is world-class. etoo aint that anymore. we had enough options available on the market and in the end Etoo? no, for gods sake. Etoo ist past it and hasnt played competitive football for 2 years now.. it just seems like Mourinho is buying them, because once he has worked with them. same with essien. everbody can see that Essien will never be the same, still Mou thinks that Mikel, Essien, MVG, Lamps and Rambo are enough for our DM.

Eto'o was about 5 years younger than Drogba was when he left for China. Like I said, I'm not going to comment on his motives but I'm surprised that some people seem prepared to overlook the fact that at the age of 30 he decided to play in a nothing league.

Barely a nothing league though, they aren't that bad. quite a few decent players playing there. Every player has a different after-peak period. Drogba had his one in the middle, Eto'o had his early, and Giggs keeps putting in consistent performances.

Barely a nothing league though, they aren't that bad. quite a few decent players playing there. Every player has a different after-peak period. Drogba had his one in the middle, Eto'o had his early, and Giggs keeps putting in consistent performances.

It's a nothing league. That's why he was paid so much to go there, and it did roughly fuck-all for the profile of the league.

Eto'o was a fantastic player whose pace and directness made him a danger - does he still have that pace? By most reports no. So we're looking at a player whose main weapon was his pace who may not have that anymore.

Heck, why not have a black one to go alongside the white one we already have.

Lamps has won everything he could win - he still wants to nail down a place against Hull City on Saturday.

I don't really have a problem with Eto'o and his decisions, but I'm surprised people want someone who decided two years ago that money was more important than glory and the challenge - but I'm sure he's changed now. His wanting to leave coinciding with the money train coming to a halt is just a coincidence.

He didn't said he wants to leave, Anzhi owner said that all their top earners will be sold and budget reduced so he has to leave because Anzhi is not renewing his contract.

He didn't said he wants to leave, Anzhi owner said that all their top earners will be sold and budget reduced so he has to leave because Anzhi is not renewing his contract.

And Eto'o's recent comments about Jose are just a coincidence?

He's looking for a job, we're looking for a striker so of course his people will be leaking stories about us and him. Maybe there's some truth to them but I'm surprised at the response of some people. Rooney has been called over the hill and unfit - well here's a guy who seems to have lost his most potent weapon (no shame in that - age has an undefeated record).

It's a nothing league. That's why he was paid so much to go there, and it did roughly fuck-all for the profile of the league.

Eto'o was a fantastic player whose pace and directness made him a danger - does he still have that pace? By most reports no. So we're looking at a player whose main weapon was his pace who may not have that anymore.

Heck, why not have a black one to go alongside the white one we already have.

I wasn't really talking about whether he's a fantastic player or not. neither did I say the he should join the team. All I was talking about where his motives which you seem to question. It's a nothing league is the same attitude many had about Bundesliga, surprised us all nay?

I wasn't really talking about whether he's a fantastic player or not. neither did I say the he should join the team. All I was talking about where his motives which you seem to question. It's a nothing league is the same attitude many had about Bundesliga, surprised us all nay?

The Bundesliga has never been a nothing league and I don't know anyone who thought that. It's always been a top four league as long as I can remember.

Nor am I questioning his motives, simply pointing out that at the age of 30 he decided to go into what some might describe semi-retirement.