Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

I'm surprised certain people are so happy for us to go for a player who decided two years ago to play in some Russian shithole simply because they would pay him an absurd amount of money. I'm not going to cast aspersions on a person's motives for doing something like that, but I'm sure others would.

At the age of 30 he basically decided that he would take the money rather than play in a more competitive league for trophies and glory - now the trucks of money might not be pulling up to his drive with quite the same frequency as they might've he's decided that he wants to leave.

Compare that with our other target who seems to want nothing more than to play football week-in and week-out at the highest level when he could simply stay at one of the biggest clubs in the world and earn a massive wage sitting on his arse and having Van Persie do the hard work.

He would be a very good singing! Jose is no mug he knows Eto'o still has something to offer! he is still a good finisher and someone like Lukaku can learn from him, as long as the price is right i don't see why anyone would have a problem with Eto'o becoming a blue!

It's funny, you say Jose is no mug yet your strongly opposed to the Rooney signing. The irony....

For the record I'm opposed to this, stinks of desperation, it was desperation which led to the £50 million flop and the signing of Ba. Just don't see what this guy offers that our current strikers don't.

Ps - No way Eto is cutting his reported +£300k a week wages by a third, crazy money for a 32 year old. Guarantee he stays or goes to Asia / Middle East.

Can't see him accepting a one year deal, and can't see him taking a substantial wage cut.

It's funny, you say Jose is no mug yet your strongly opposed to the Rooney signing. The irony....

For the record I'm opposed to this, stinks of desperation, it was desperation which led to the £50 million flop and the signing of Ba. Just don't see what this guy offers that our current strikers don't.

Ps - No way Eto is cutting his reported +£300k a week wages by a third, crazy money for a 32 year old. Guarantee he stays or goes to Asia / Middle East.

He only have one year left at Anzhi anyway, after that he will leave but by then we will probably have a new striker.

I'm surprised certain people are so happy for us to go for a player who decided two years ago to play in some Russian shithole simply because they would pay him an absurd amount of money. I'm not going to cast aspersions on a person's motives for doing something like that, but I'm sure others would.

At the age of 30 he basically decided that he would take the money rather than play in a more competitive league for trophies and glory - now the trucks of money might not be pulling up to his drive with quite the same frequency as they might've he's decided that he wants to leave.

Compare that with our other target who seems to want nothing more than to play football week-in and week-out at the highest level when he could simply stay at one of the biggest clubs in the world and earn a massive wage sitting on his arse and having Van Persie do the hard work.

I'm not sure about that. At his age, he has won everything you can at club level.When he was off his peak, he went to Russia. Even Drogba agreed to play all the way in China at the age of 34 despite being a quality player, for an absurd amount of money. A lot of players do that. Beckham , Henry went to MLS to improve it's stature and other players will do that. It mainly comes down to the fact that they are coming to the fag-ends of their career and want to make as much money as possible because their pension needs to last for atleast 30-40 years more.

he doesn't need anymore glory because he won everything he could of won at club level. 2 CL, a few BBVA, Serie A and shit load of cups. It was really the right step for him and I am sure any top player in his position would have done the same. Oh and £20m after taxes helped too.

And how do you know he wouldnt cut his wages? How many of our current strikers have won the treble twice in two different leagues. Not even Rooney. Chelsea will sign him as Mourihno has worked with him and knows him very well. Lets leave him to make that decision.

He would be a very good singing! Jose is no mug he knows Eto'o still has something to offer! he is still a good finisher and someone like Lukaku can learn from him, as long as the price is right i don't see why anyone would have a problem with Eto'o becoming a blue!

But Jose's a mug when it comes to Rooney right?

And how do you know he wouldnt cut his wages? How many of our current strikers have won the treble twice in two different leagues. Not even Rooney. Chelsea will sign him as Mourihno has worked with him and knows him very well. Lets leave him to make that decision.

Err I would t would you? Guys 32 and won everything there is to win.... It's time to get paid!!!

people posting barca videeos? this was 5 years before lol. you think he is anywhere near at that level? he didnt even score a lot in the russian leauge nor in the EL. he is really past it and dont come with this "oh its mou he will fix him" stuff. if mou really buys him, i have lost really faith in him. not signing a proper DM+ signing etoo. would be an awful transfer summer. And I dont even talk about his wages, which are abnormal.

My platoon is still strong. In Jose I trust.

Whether Chelsea signs Eto´o or not, who knows. Personally, I am not sure here.

it seems to me , Rooney´s not coming.

Perhaps, Chelsea should bid for Suarez who has been brilliant for Liverpool last season ?

people posting barca videeos? this was 5 years before lol. you think he is anywhere near at that level? he didnt even score a lot in the russian leauge nor in the EL. he is really past it and dont come with this "oh its mou he will fix him" stuff. if mou really buys him, i have lost really faith in him. not signing a proper DM+ signing etoo. would be an awful transfer summer. And I dont even talk about his wages, which are abnormal.

Whilst it will be a disappointing transfer window, to say you'll have lost faith in the best manager in the world before we've even started the league campaign is ridiculous.