Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

I agree with @The_Flash here. I thought he was bad, very bad. Way too slow and had absolutely no coherence with the team. Every time he got the ball, he took 2-3 touches before realizing he can't dribble past his marker and then gave a backward pass. Too selfish in taking shots from outside the area when he had much better options around him.

And please drop the excuses about his "involvement" in the goals. He should have scored the first but fluffed the shot, and in the second he should have been through on goal but was too slow and allowed the defender back then he should have passed because we were 3 on 2 but instead took the shot from a very difficult angle and were lucky that the defender put it in his own net. These excuses are worse than the "Torres won the corner" crap.

It's only been a month, so we should give him more time, but atm...well let's just say we need Torres back ASAP. Torres may not be anywhere near what he used to be, but if he had not got injured, he would have scored , I'm sure of it.

Thank you, finally someone was watching the same game. Eto'o was very poor.

Well, I've been following Eto'o since many years and I can tell that now he is far from being at even the 50% of his full potential.

Anyway, even if Eto'o at his peak has been the best striker of the world while now, close to his 33, he isn't close to that level, it doesn't mean he can't be useful: indeed, yesterday he played a good game and you can still see the quality of his movements and game.

With time he'll suit even more the new team and I feel he will still be extremely important for Chelsea.

Torres was MOTM against Spurs prove what undeserved praise he gets, as well as he played and I said he did play well. He scored ZERO goals; had ZERO assists; received a RED card and loosing the ball lead to Tottenhams goal. He was not fouled he fell wanting a foul and nothing was given which is often the case for Torres because he is soft. He went on to clap at the linesman a bookable offense while Tottenham counter attacked and scored a goal.

Let me remind you how long it took Torres to open his account at CFC - 14 matches.

You'd like to point out that Steaua's right back statistics what about the fact that Mikel has as many goals in the EPL in less minutes that Torres in 2013?

I was about to post something similar. The support for torres is unreal despite proving for 2 seasons and counting that we can't win a league title with him as our lead striker. Unlike torres Eto'o is so so proven so I'd take my chance supporting him now as lead striker I've done that with torres too but now he should be second choice though.

It's too early to make a general assessment of Eto'o, although I agree that so far he's been below par. While I think (would like to think) that he's going to improve I don't see him turn into our super scorer and the man to lead our attack. But who knows, time will tell.

Has there been any news on his NT retirement? I remember reading the L'Equipe article about him saying he wouldn't play international football anymore.

If that's the case I think he can benefit of the extra couple of weeks training to regain his better fitness.

I also think he will play against both Norwich and Cardiff and who knows if Torres will be fit for playing the first match against Schalke... so I think he'll improve with the extra training and another couple of matches.

During 2010/2011 season Eto'o delivered 37 goals + 17 assists: nobody did better than that with an italian team in the last 10 years at least.

If only we could have even a 50% of that player, the EPL title of this year would be quietly in Chelsea's pocket. -_-

Mmm time goes fastest in the premiership ,Jose should know this and i believe Et'o will get goals ,i dont think he will get much more than Lukaku come the end of the season hence why do it ? Put it this way after tomorrows game near 20% of the games have gone !